Deja Vu: GTRs dominating in competition getting penalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

sspikey

Legacy Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/25/nissan-gt-r-teams-threaten-fia-gt1-boycott-over-weight-penalty/

"Based on his feedback, series organizers then imposed weight penalties on the different vehicles. The Corvette C6.R and Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV were each saddled with 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of ballast, and the Maserati MC12 was burdened with an extra 25 kilos (55 lbs). The Matech Ford GT was left as is, while the Aston Martin DBR9 was awarded a larger air restrictor to help it catch up. The Nissans, however, were given 30 kilograms (66 lbs) of extra weight, and as a result were unable to keep pace with the competition."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5SonnBzq1Q"]YouTube- 2010 Nissan GT-R New FIA GT1 Race Car Photos Released HD[/ame]

FIA jerking off as usual, what a joke. What's the point of having a series with different cars if they try to equalize it? In that case make it a common platform for all teams.

^^ they added 30kg because it was dominating

basically, the same thing that happened with the R32 GTR in the 90's in the australian series, eventually the car was banned and the series changed to a V8 only serie (v8 supercar)

it says nowhere that they were dominating, and now that they are even with the others, then can't keep up

it says nowhere that they were dominating, and now that they are even with the others, then can't keep up

contradiction much?

they are not even, they are doing the same thing that happened to the NSX in super gt, being made uncompetitive with weight penalties for having a chassis that is better than the rest.

those sort of weight adjustments should not be made until after ATLEAST the first round of the championship

soo true. What if the other teams just had a sucky season debut... I watch GTR race to see what manufacturer are dong the best R&D. If I wanted to watch races where drivers have equal chances, I'd watch something else.

Bel exemple de nivellement vers le bas.

soo true. What if the other teams just had a sucky season debut... I watch GTR race to see what manufacturer are dong the best R&D. If I wanted to watch races where drivers have equal chances, I'd watch something else.

Bel exemple de nivellement vers le bas.

By thinking like FIA, we should have added sand bags to Michel Phelps when he was swimming at the olympics :bigup:

C'est comme obliger une belle fille slim à porter des cottons ouattés de chats qui jouent avec une balle de laine rose pour compétitionner contre des grosses B.S slacks dans un défilé de maillots de bain.

Plus, it's the only team running the 2010 rules unlike the other cars running the 2009 specs.

read up about the qualifying week where gtrs pretty much kicked serious ass and were indeed dominating.

Check the vids online of the race youll see the GTRs in the straight getting DEMOLISHED by other cars which wasnt the case during qualifying.

All in all a series i thought would kick serious ass has pretty much failed hard. Back to ALMS as being the absolute best race series i watch.

It remember me Audi A4 on BTCC championship several years ago.

Just to keep some nice battles on the track. If one is dominating, the races will be so ennoying...

It remember me Audi A4 on BTCC championship several years ago.

Just to keep some nice battles on the track. If one is dominating, the races will be so ennoying...

but atleast wait to see if they really are dominating, rather then preemptively punish them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back