Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

od_man99

So you call a garage 6 months in advance. You get a rendez-vous and you end up calling back a few days before the big day to make sure they know you're coming and everything is setup. You explain to them that you want them to install a supercharger on a fairly simple engine the 6g72 (3rd Generation Eclipse) and you even go as far as printing and binding a document to make sure they know how to go about the install.

The document has step by step procedure to complete the installation and the kit manufacturer, which has produced over 400 of that kit for that specific car model (www.Rippmods.com) troubleshooting guide is also printed along.

You show up at the garage, you give them the keys, give them the documents and they ask you to leave and not be there when they do the install. So you have a friend pick you up (Darkfenix) and you gtfo.

2 days after leaving the car there you receive a call to come pick up your car because they won't work on it. They tell you they don't want to work on your car because they are not sure about how to install gauges. They then ask you to pay for them not having done a thing.

How would you feel? Would you recommend this garage to anyone else?

The very fact that they told you to gtfo cause they don't want you to watch them install it = give me back my keys and have a nice day. There's no way in hell I'd accept that as a way to treat a customer.

Seems damn fishy too. As if they know you know about cars and they don't want you around cause they know they're going to fuck something up.

That's what I thought, but it's not a small garage. It's a big one, that has lots of modified cars coming and going. They went as far as opening all my boxes and all my parts were on the floor. I had to pick them up and find the ones they had spread everywhere. It was embarrassing and degrading.

They broke my fuel rail and cut some of my wiring. My car had 5 miles (It's from the US) on it. And the time I brought it before that, they scratched up my front bumper and told me it was like that.

that's what i thought, but it's not a small garage. It's a big one, that has lots of modified cars coming and going. They went as far as opening all my boxes and all my parts were on the floor. I had to pick them up and find the ones they had spread everywhere. It was embarrassing and degrading.

They broke my fuel rail and cut some of my wiring. My car had 5 miles (it's from the us) on it. And the time i brought it before that, they scratched up my front bumper and told me it was like that.

tell us what garage it is damnit

Do it once, do it right, quality before
quantity and pride in workmanship are all
regular sayings at Rawtek. Where some
shops may speed through the day in order
to maximize profits, Rawtek takes a
different approach. Meticulous attention to
detail, top quality materials and the right
equipment is what makes the final product
something you can be proud of.

What an epic fail,

Rawtek are you kidding me?

I've heard good things about them here on MR... seemed like they were THE place for exhaust fabrication...

Are you sure you're telling us the complete story? It would be interesting to hear their viewpoint on this whole thing... and you made an appointment 6 months in advance...?

I would love to know the other side of the story.

Me too,

especially since said kit was used and put together at home, and he's already lied on this forum, claiming this kit was already installed on his car when it's wasn't. I have a feeling the truth is being heavily distorted here.

Said lie:

just dropped the Ripp S/C kit into it and I'm looking to drop it some more and go deepdish,

http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=690768

http://www.club3g.com/forum/gt-gts/127311-new-sds-member.html

I love this one
"Hey Guys, I just got my Electronics System, I'm extremely excited! I'm wondering though how come there are so many wires intertwined, anyone have an idea?!"
10524_1253499016259_1193060133_30747998_3697158_n.jpg

I love this one too
"I'm thinking of spending about 600-700$ in labor, suppose to be an 8 hour job."

LOL classic. I think this is a classic case of client thinks he knows it all, shop realizes install kit will take 4 times longer than the client made it out to be, tells him it'll be more expensive, client argues saying the install guide for the kit says it's only 8 hours, shop tell him to come get parts and car, charge him the time they actually put into going through his part and bringing the car inside, then comes on mr and bitches about it. Just in diagnostics and testing after installing a supercharger kit you have to put in a few hours just to test drive the car and make sure it's running correctly.

Don't think the problem was the shop in this case...

Anyways, give autobar a call, they'll be able to help you, however I'm 100% it'll cost you at least double what your initial budget to install the kit included a testing session...

Are their any Rawtek reps on MR? It would be good to pm them this thread and see what their side of the story is. I was thinking about calling them to get an exhaust done, but I'm a little weary now...

Me too,

especially since said kit was used and put together at home, and he's already lied on this forum, claiming this kit was already installed on his car when it's wasn't. I have a feeling the truth is being heavily distorted here.

Said lie:

http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=690768

I love this one

10524_1253499016259_1193060133_30747998_3697158_n.jpg

I love this one too

LOL classic. I think this is a classic case of client thinks he knows it all, shop realizes install kit will take 4 times longer than the client made it out to be, tells him it'll be more expensive, client argues saying the install guide for the kit says it's only 8 hours, shop tell him to come get parts and car, charge him the time they actually put into going through his part and bringing the car inside, then comes on mr and bitches about it. Just in diagnostics and testing after installing a supercharger kit you have to put in a few hours just to test drive the car and make sure it's running correctly.

Don't think the problem was the shop in this case...

Anyways, give autobar a call, they'll be able to help you, however I'm 100% it'll cost you at least double what your initial budget to install the kit included a testing session...

I don't know who you are exactly, but I never claimed the kit was installed. The kit is made by rippmods.

Look at their website :

http://www.rippmods.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

It really isn't a hard install, I have a link with the manual, which I printed for the install. I called them months in advance to make sure everything was okay.

When I brought them the manual and the car with all the parts, they laughed and told me they didn't need a manual and that I didn't have to stay and so on and so forth.

I'd love one of their reps to come on and explain to me what happened. I'm as lost as you are. I just got a phone call to come pick up my car.

What bothers me the most isn't the fact they didn't want to do it, that's their problem if they feel popular enough to reject customers. What bothers me is you should have seen my parts, it was ridiculous man, they were everywhere on the floor with open bags.

Here I never claimed to have it installed:

Are their any Rawtek reps on MR? It would be good to pm them this thread and see what their side of the story is. I was thinking about calling them to get an exhaust done, but I'm a little weary now...

I just wouldn't leave my car out of sight. They really surprised me,

I thought the same thing as you. But I talked to a few people on this forum in the DSM section and they had problems with them too.

I'll try to have them comment on it.

Rawtek are you kidding me?

I've heard good things about them here on MR... seemed like they were THE place for exhaust fabrication...

Are you sure you're telling us the complete story? It would be interesting to hear their viewpoint on this whole thing... and you made an appointment 6 months in advance...?

Yeah I did. Believe it or not. I was really excited. I had just bought the kit. Darkfenix had told me they had a lot of customers so I called them in January and asked them to reserve me a spot on the 3rd of May, being this Monday.

This isn't a home made kit. It's from Rippmods, there are hundred of Eclipses with this kit.

Look:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKAXReASu0&feature=related"]YouTube- RIPP 3rd Gen Eclipse GT Supercharger Stg 3 380whp[/ame]

Just Youtube it, or check out their website.

As for the install time. I told them to just go ahead and take their time and when it gets to 1000$ of billing hours to call me and tell me. So I can scrape up some more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back