Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
And 1000 dollars at 65$/Hr is 15 hours not 8. People on the club3g forum had told me to expect around 15 hours of work.

Anyways all this is very suprising, I deal with Rawtek regularly and have never gotten anything but the highest quality work and service. All the "strasse" cars in their Gallery are cars we sent out ot them for exhaust work, and there's plenty more clients I've referred there(at least six in their Gallery plus many others), and all of them have come back with nothing but the best comments.

I'm sorry that happened to you, I will keep sending my cars there however:D I guess all you could do now is find another place that could do this for you. Call autobar up!

^^I will, I'm not holding a grudge, I just won't be going there anymore. I've also suggested them countless time on this forum. Like I said, I was surprised too.

You should of seen my face when I saw all my parts scattered around.

od man hasnt warped anything in his story.

I've got several jobs done by them. 1 exhaust line, 1 replacement of all exhaust components, a lot of mechanical work (sway bars, calipers, brakes, brake lines, suspension, some little things here and there) and left happy every single time. I respect them enough to bring em some drinks and food everytime I pass by with my car.

That's why I recommended od there since I've been satisfied all the time and seen several of the cars and motors theyve worked on.

od has been sourcing the parts for his kit since end of summer '09. He got everything together and made the appointment back in january-febraury for the kit install once school is over and the car is out of storage.

He thought it wouldve been ~700$ because thats what the manual for the kit said.

When he called rawtek they said calculate about double the time the manual said. Od took their word for it and kept a grand aside for the install. 1000 / 65$ = 15 hours. He even went to the trouble of printing a fresh full colored copy of the full install process and getting it binded so they come across no problems and Rick just laughed saying we wont need it when he handed it over.

He dropped the car off Monday morning around 9:30. Right when he left and handed the keys od asked, "if you guys reach over a 1000$ of bill time please just call me up and let me know in advance."

Thats it.

Around 10:30-11:00 we were gone we hopped in my car and left.

The next thing he knows is he gets a call from him to come pick it up the next day in the afternoon.

When Od called me up to tell me Rawtek just called him to come take his car I called bullshit a dozen times before believing him. Even now I cant believe it.

Are their any Rawtek reps on MR? It would be good to pm them this thread and see what their side of the story is. I was thinking about calling them to get an exhaust done, but I'm a little weary now...

Dont get me wrong for anyone that wants to get work done by them or already have, they do an undeniable amazing job for exhausts and have yet to see someone complain specifically about the final product theyve received for that. I cant count how many people I've recommended to go see them for exhausts and don't think any customer has left there unsatisfied with their work when it comes to that. When I see a thread for exhausts I always recommend Rawtek 100%.

But what happened with odmans car, even I want to know what's their side of the story.

As I type this I'm still wondering why they rejected.

Last edited:
^^Thanks Dark. I don't understand man, I'm wondering what happened. I'm worried of driving my car. Maybe something happened.

HUmm Rawtek... what to say?

i refered darkesfenix to rawtek, i refered countless people to rawtek. Will i go back to rawtek? Never again...

Rawtek, build my exhaust, they ask a multitude of question. What turbo are you running, what kind of boost, what do you do with the car....

There arrogance during the build amazed me, but the quality of the work was expectional so i was happy. Send a few clients there, one of which gets his car broken into while on there lot. They told him they wornt paying for any thing and that he should deal with his insurance.

I on the other hand scrapped my cat, when i asked why, its because i ran too much boost....Ah but i was only at 22 lbs when i told you was going to run 24-25...But now i suddenly never told them that...even though i remember his arrogant face when he saied.... no way you can run 22 lbs on a stock block...Yea.. any way. So they changed the ceramic car, for a metal car...the one that should of been installed in the first place. And this was all done with in the frist year....:squintfin

So i PAIED him to change the cat, probably at his cost, at this time, they very politily told to to get the fuck out of the garage and wait in the waiting room. When my dad (he was my lift) took a peak through the window, he was very politily again told to sit down like 6th grader....

Then when i called them to modify the bend on my intercooler piping, i was told that they are no longer willing to work on my car, because i pulled a stunt

All in all my point of view of theme goes as follows....

They do amazing exhausts
They are arrogant as fuck, and believe they are the best "performance shop" in the nation...(yet they have a 700hp 12 sec camaro...:dunno:)
Don't try and talk to them about any thing.....they know it all.
Don't ask them any question because your stupid

my 2cents

I knew I wasn't alone. This dude in an RSX had the same issue I did, half way through the install they decided it was too complicated and stopped working on his car.

I didn't know why, and I thought the dude was probably asking too much, then they did the same thing to me. Besides the fact they cut my wires and floundered my parts.

The truth

WOW!!!

Thank you Pierre for alerting me of this thread.
od_man99 has not been etirely truthfull here...

he did make his appointment long in advance and call to confirm 8:00am may 3rd. At 9:30 am when he still had not arrived, we strated work on another customers car. He finally showed up just after 10:00 and decided to wait in our showroom for an hour or so. At no point did we ask him to leave...he left, presumably frustrated because we were not working on his car yet. As i said, we had already started another job while we were waiting for him...I finished that job before starting on the Eclipse

When we finally had a chance to look through the instruction and parts he had provided, we were a little concerned. Installation of this kit would be much more involved than the customer could appreciate. As a rule, we do not install used turbo/supercharger kits for exactly this reason. Eyad (OD_man99) is a good friend of and a referal from one of our best customers so we had intended to make an exception in this case.

In addition to providing parts that were in less than good condition, he added a number of items to the list of what we were to install. Gauges, a wide band O2 controller and display, gauge pod, used headers, used Y-pipe and 2 piggyback computers with used wiring harnesses. OH!!.. and tune the car.

His instruction were that if the job was going to go over $1000, I am to call him before proceeding so that he can "beg his dad for money".

We have worked very hard to build a reputation for excellent customer service and top quality workmanship. I simply was not prepared to do this job knowing full well that if there were any problems (and there will be problems judging by what we saw) we would get the blame.

When i called Eyad, I explained the situation to him and stated that I had looked everything over and I simply am not comfortable installing this kit. I even went so far as to say that this was beyond what Rawtek is capable of (an obvious exaggeration for those of you who know us)... i made MYSELF look like the retard because I did not want him to feel like his kit was garbage. He asked me if I know of any other shops that could do the job and again, i was forced to lie. We regularly do business with a half a dozen shops that could have done the job... Strasse, High Performance, TK, AV Fab, Jon Nochols, are all great shops but I refuse to be the asshole who sends problems to his friends.

So there is why we declined the job.
I will just take a few minutes here dispell some of the lies in OD_man99's original posts.

1-" You show up at the garage, you give them the keys, give them the documents and they ask you to leave and not be there when they do the install. "

He showed up over 2 hours late
he unpacked most of his parts
he described all the additional work he wanted done(headers, wideband and gauges are not part of your average supercharger kit install)
he sat in the showroom with Darkfenix watching movies for over an hour ( no problem, that's why we put a 42 inch lcd in there)
I NEVER ASKED HIM TO LEAVE!! we do not do that. We built the showroom so customers would have a comfortable place to wait for their cars. There are even windows overlooking the work area. All we ask is that the customer spend the majority of the time watching from in the showroom instead of over our shoulders as we work...standard practice at any professional shop.

2- " 2 days after leaving the car there you receive a call to come pick up your car because they won't work on it"

I called him the following day appologetically explaining that this was not a job we were comfortable doing.

3- " They tell you they don't want to work on your car because they are not sure about how to install gauges"

Again...not true. Our decision had absolutely nothing to do with gauges and I never said that it did. A well trained monkey can install gauges!

3- "They then ask you to pay for them not having done a thing."

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a big one. We are not criminals, i have NEVER asked, nor will I ever ask a customer to pay for work we did not perform .
FLAT OUT LIE!!! there was absolutely no mention of money at all.
I even stopped what i was doing to help carry his parts to the car.

4- "They went as far as opening all my boxes and all my parts were on the floor. I had to pick them up and find the ones they had spread everywhere. It was embarrassing and degrading."

Dozens of parts were dropped off only 4 or 5 remained unpackaged when Eyad arrived and those were sitting immediatly next to their respective boxes. I am sorry if this was embarassing or degrading but if you recall, I HELPED PACK UP AND BRING THE BOXES TO THE CAR.

5- "They broke my fuel rail and cut some of my wiring"

we did not brake anything. In fact, none of the parts moved more that 3 feet in the entire day we had them. They were inspected and put back, that is all.
How would I even go about breaking a fuel rail. I have been doing this for 15 years and I have never seen anyone break a fuel rail.
I refused the job partly because of the masacred second hand wiring harness. I certainly did not cut anything.

5- "My car had 5 miles (It's from the US) on it. And the time I brought it before that, they scratched up my front bumper and told me it was like that."

This one is tricky... i do not remember the mileage of the car when we first were introduced but I have a hard time believing that there were only 5 miles on it. It has got to be at least 6 or 25 miles from his house to our shop.
The second part though, is deffinately lie.
I have scratched customers cars in the past but i am honest about it. I will not risk our reputation over a couple hundred dollars of paint of polish. If anyone does not believe that, PM me and i will put you in touch with the owners of the 2 cars i accidentaly damaged. Rawtek paid to fix them and I kept the bills.
We did not scratch Eyads car, nor did he ever mention anything to that effect.
If we had scratched his car last time and lied about it, then why would he have come back for more work?

I think that's about it

Sorry for the really long post but it seems we needed some defending and I'm pretty angry at the moment.

thanks for hearing me out

Rick
President
Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc.

P.S. If anyone has any question about this whole thing, please just call and ask. I have nothing to hide. Also, SgtRammy, please dont insult my customers cars. That sentra is not a POS, it is a mans hard work and fyi he's making well over 300 HP.

Me too,

especially since said kit was used and put together at home, and he's already lied on this forum, claiming this kit was already installed on his car when it's wasn't. I have a feeling the truth is being heavily distorted here.

It seems that Rawtek's story just made you being right on this one...

Now that both sides of the story have been said.. I must agree that this was a very interesting read!

WOW!!!

Thank you Pierre for alerting me of this thread.
od_man99 has not been etirely truthfull here...

he did make his appointment long in advance and call to confirm 8:00am may 3rd. At 9:30 am when he still had not arrived, we strated work on another customers car. He finally showed up just after 10:00 and decided to wait in our showroom for an hour or so. At no point did we ask him to leave...he left, presumably frustrated because we were not working on his car yet. As i said, we had already started another job while we were waiting for him...I finished that job before starting on the Eclipse

When we finally had a chance to look through the instruction and parts he had provided, we were a little concerned. Installation of this kit would be much more involved than the customer could appreciate. As a rule, we do not install used turbo/supercharger kits for exactly this reason. Eyad (OD_man99) is a good friend of and a referal from one of our best customers so we had intended to make an exception in this case.

In addition to providing parts that were in less than good condition, he added a number of items to the list of what we were to install. Gauges, a wide band O2 controller and display, gauge pod, used headers, used Y-pipe and 2 piggyback computers with used wiring harnesses. OH!!.. and tune the car.

His instruction were that if the job was going to go over $1000, I am to call him before proceeding so that he can "beg his dad for money".

We have worked very hard to build a reputation for excellent customer service and top quality workmanship. I simply was not prepared to do this job knowing full well that if there were any problems (and there will be problems judging by what we saw) we would get the blame.

When i called Eyad, I explained the situation to him and stated that I had looked everything over and I simply am not comfortable installing this kit. I even went so far as to say that this was beyond what Rawtek is capable of (an obvious exaggeration for those of you who know us)... i made MYSELF look like the retard because I did not want him to feel like his kit was garbage. He asked me if I know of any other shops that could do the job and again, i was forced to lie. We regularly do business with a half a dozen shops that could have done the job... Strasse, High Performance, TK, AV Fab, Jon Nochols, are all great shops but I refuse to be the asshole who sends problems to his friends.

So there is why we declined the job.
I will just take a few minutes here dispell some of the lies in OD_man99's original posts.

1-" You show up at the garage, you give them the keys, give them the documents and they ask you to leave and not be there when they do the install. "

He showed up over 2 hours late
he unpacked most of his parts
he described all the additional work he wanted done(headers, wideband and gauges are not part of your average supercharger kit install)
he sat in the showroom with Darkfenix watching movies for over an hour ( no problem, that's why we put a 42 inch lcd in there)
I NEVER ASKED HIM TO LEAVE!! we do not do that. We built the showroom so customers would have a comfortable place to wait for their cars. There are even windows overlooking the work area. All we ask is that the customer spend the majority of the time watching from in the showroom instead of over our shoulders as we work...standard practice at any professional shop.

2- " 2 days after leaving the car there you receive a call to come pick up your car because they won't work on it"

I called him the following day appologetically explaining that this was not a job we were comfortable doing.

3- " They tell you they don't want to work on your car because they are not sure about how to install gauges"

Again...not true. Our decision had absolutely nothing to do with gauges and I never said that it did. A well trained monkey can install gauges!

3- "They then ask you to pay for them not having done a thing."

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a big one. We are not criminals, i have NEVER asked, nor will I ever ask a customer to pay for work we did not perform .
FLAT OUT LIE!!! there was absolutely no mention of money at all.
I even stopped what i was doing to help carry his parts to the car.

4- "They went as far as opening all my boxes and all my parts were on the floor. I had to pick them up and find the ones they had spread everywhere. It was embarrassing and degrading."

Dozens of parts were dropped off only 4 or 5 remained unpackaged when Eyad arrived and those were sitting immediatly next to their respective boxes. I am sorry if this was embarassing or degrading but if you recall, I HELPED PACK UP AND BRING THE BOXES TO THE CAR.

5- "They broke my fuel rail and cut some of my wiring"

we did not brake anything. In fact, none of the parts moved more that 3 feet in the entire day we had them. They were inspected and put back, that is all.
How would I even go about breaking a fuel rail. I have been doing this for 15 years and I have never seen anyone break a fuel rail.
I refused the job partly because of the masacred second hand wiring harness. I certainly did not cut anything.

5- "My car had 5 miles (It's from the US) on it. And the time I brought it before that, they scratched up my front bumper and told me it was like that."

This one is tricky... i do not remember the mileage of the car when we first were introduced but I have a hard time believing that there were only 5 miles on it. It has got to be at least 6 or 25 miles from his house to our shop.
The second part though, is deffinately lie.
I have scratched customers cars in the past but i am honest about it. I will not risk our reputation over a couple hundred dollars of paint of polish. If anyone does not believe that, PM me and i will put you in touch with the owners of the 2 cars i accidentaly damaged. Rawtek paid to fix them and I kept the bills.
We did not scratch Eyads car, nor did he ever mention anything to that effect.
If we had scratched his car last time and lied about it, then why would he have come back for more work?

I think that's about it

Sorry for the really long post but it seems we needed some defending and I'm pretty angry at the moment.

thanks for hearing me out

Rick
President
Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc.

P.S. If anyone has any question about this whole thing, please just call and ask. I have nothing to hide. Also, SgtRammy, please dont insult my customers cars. That sentra is not a POS, it is a mans hard work and fyi he's making well over 300 HP.

Rawtek twists and bends stories, I invite anyone to do what I did and go ahead take a chance, go to Rawtek, have them do exactly what they did to me.

They told many other customers the same thing.

Had I not experienced it myself I wouldn't believe it. I love how they just decided it would be smart to lie and distort the story. I have nothing to loose. Rick, President of Rawtek, doesn't understand that people hard for their money and thus expect to get their money's worth. Essentially, I called them months in advance, they laughed at me when I brought them the install manual, as in they are bigshots and won't need my help, yet they didn't want to do the install, not because the kit was crap, had it been crap and had he suggested anything else I would of understood,

the install wasn't done because the shop, which without a doubt, usually does good work, did not want to do wiring. they felt like installing gauges or wiring up a piggy back system was too good for them.

Point given, nick's half completed engineering degree being too good to work on my wiring isn't the issue.

The issue is the way they had threw my parts around and I had to pick them up from the garage floor like a dog.

Moreover, the so called good customer they are talking about has repeatedly told me that being treated like shit by Rawtek is a common thing.

Again, who am I to judge. Take an afternoon and call these guys, go ahead and setup an appointment, if you feel well treated, than I am proved wrong.

Even more so, I realized they hadn't installed the plastic undercover on my car until I brought my car to Mistsubishi for a check-up.

I hate to bash local business, I didn't even want to mention the name of the garage. This is a sad situation.

od_man99, I don't want to start anything personal with you but I just want to ask a question... why didn't you come to them prior to your appointment date to show them the instructions just so that they can decide there and then whether or not to work on the car?

od_man99, I don't want to start anything personal with you but I just want to ask a question... why didn't you come to them prior to your appointment date to show them the instructions just so that they can decide there and then whether or not to work on the car?

No don't worry about it, you aren't.

They laughed at me when I gave them the manual. Not as in ahhh thank you, more as in you are stupid and we don't want to see you here. Dark was there, if I'm wrong he can call me out.

I called them 6 months in advance and asked them if they could and had installed any of this particular kit. It's just a vortech blower, nothing fancy or anything. They said no, it wouldn't be that hard.

I also want to mention, that I was told, the first time I brought the car a year earlier (for maintenance). "Not bad your pulls first and second gear for what the car is!" Now how would you know about it if you didn't beat my car while I wasn't around.

I really didn't like the " beg your dad for money comment". I did say that I believe, in a joking fashion. My father is helping me out as a graduation gift, shot me if that's wrong.

I also wanted to bring in the manufacturer of the kit which I called up today, it's Rippmods. Check it out www.rippmods.com, that have thousands of sold kits. Just saying, it's not built in someones garage.

Man, to be honest, this has just been an awful experience. 2g eclipse brought me to a dsm shop. The guy, some of you know him, Serge, told me he had installed these kits on eclipses and they weren't more than plug and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back