Wobbly/floating nuts - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteIvory

What are they?

Nuts which allow a bit of difference in bolt patterns to allow it to sit properly on the rim.

variation_lugnuts.jpg

Saab enthusiasts have been using them to be able to use other wheels than what Saab has been offering them.

BBS has been offering floating bolts, Project Mu floating nuts.
so I would have to assume they're fairly safe if reputable companies are offering them

But I haven't been able to find enough information on them

So here are my questions to you MR users.

• Has anyone been using there here?
  • How much play will they allow in mm?
  • Where can I get them?
  • Any particular issues I may encounter?(car is not going on the track. ever.)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
No one that I know personally uses them but plenty of guys in other forums I go to that use them.

Example an A4 which is 5x112 will use them to fit 5x114.3 wheels. I think that is the extend to what Wobble bolts can do.
I know raderwerks.com sell them but I'm not sure for how much.

From what I've heard they don't pose any issues but some guys have encountered some vibrations.

No one that I know personally uses them but plenty of guys in other forums I go to that use them.

Example an A4 which is 5x112 will use them to fit 5x114.3 wheels. I think that is the extend to what Wobble bolts can do.
I know raderwerks.com sell them but I'm not sure for how much.

From what I've heard they don't pose any issues but some guys have encountered some vibrations.

dosent VW/audi use wheel studs instead of bolts?

i dont understand how these works anyway!how can you change the bolt patern with bolts?

those pics up top are not the same, the project Mu are not shifter nuts, they just have a 2 piece construction which stops the nuts from scratching the wheels.

shifter nuts allow 5x114.3 wheels to fit onto a 5x112 car (which needs a stud conversion)

what are you planning?

Thanks for your inputs.

trying to broaden my choice of wheels. recently saw a LS400 with brabus wheels, and thought they looked good.
MB carries a lot of full faced rims, and staggered so I was exploring that possibility.

I've read that 2.4 mm is the most they'll go, but I really wanted to get more info before dishing out 100$+ for nuts.

Are you looking for your Corolla? 5x114.3?

You should be able to fit 5x112. Most people running BBS RS on their MK5's have 5x114.3 wheels, wobbled to 5x112.

Thanks for your inputs.

trying to broaden my choice of wheels. recently saw a LS400 with brabus wheels, and thought they looked good.
MB carries a lot of full faced rims, and staggered so I was exploring that possibility.

I've read that 2.4 mm is the most they'll go, but I really wanted to get more info before dishing out 100$+ for nuts.

you should be able to find that for $75

try pneus bas prix montreal, George will hook you up
514-620-3313

With this type of lug nut, it is ABSOLUTELY required to either use wheels with a centrebore equal to the hub diametre, or to use the proper hubcentric rings, to provide hubcentric location.

This is because the floating seats no longer provide lugcentric location, which is normally sufficient with properly installed wheels.

Wrench clearance may an issue due to the offset axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back