Best DLSR camera for Beginner

TEXAS2LO

Im looking to buy a DLSR camera within the 500-600$ range ...
It's pretty easy, I love photography but I'm not at a point to spend gees on it.

It's more for fun, to take pics of my cars, lanscaping around ... bring on my trips etc.

Basically no need no crazy zoom lense, just a good lense and I wanna buy a fisheye.

I want something kind of easy to play with, easy features etc.

Is my best bet a Canon Rebel xti ? A Nikon D3000 ....
What do you guru's suggest ?

XTi is pretty good, same for Nikon.
If you want to save money, can go for the older ones.. Rebel Xt I think and the Nikon D40x?

I have one and it's plenty for a beginner. From what I know between Canon and Nikon, it's mostly a question of preference. Haven't really kept up with new models though but ye... Hope it helped.

If you can still put your hand on a Nikon D40/D60 they'll be very cheap, otherwise go with D3000 (newer model). If you wanna go Canon: Rebel XS.

Canon has always been "#1", but that's also cause they're a huge company, and a shitload of money.

I shoot Nikon cause I've always felt more comfortable with the menus/controls.

I suggest Canon or Nikon, but take the time to "test" them first.

>pentax

haha_oh_wow.jpeg

Safe choices, high tier:
Rebel XS / XSi (do you need live view?)
Nikon D3000

Safe choices, mid tier
Sony Alpha 230-330 (do you need live view?)

Shit tier
Pentax
Olympus

Canon has always been "#1", but that's also cause they're a huge company, and a shitload of money.

I shoot Nikon cause I've always felt more comfortable with the menus/controls.

I suggest Canon or Nikon, but take the time to "test" them first.

X2
I was told to hold them in my hands and compare which one I prefer when looking for one.
I ended up with a Nikon because I got a good deal on it. 3 years later, the price I paid is still close for what they sale NOW :run:. I say look around, you'll find shizzle but stay in either Canon or Nikon IMO.

Either one.

I personally find the Canon to be cheap in my hands. Looks like a toy (don't bash on me, it's a PERSONAL IMPRESSION). The buttons feel cheap, I don't like the way they handle.

Get a Nikon D40 if you can, if not a D60, if not a D3000. All good cams. I doubt you'll outgrow any of them. The D40 has some advantages over the D3000, especially the flash sync and the slightly better LCD (smaller but same number of pixels). The D3000 will have a better autofocus system, but you'll mostly shoot manual anyways.

Go to the store and handle both to see which one feels better and check out www.dpreview.com (you can make side-by-side comparisons there) and www.dcresource.com for good reviews.

Get a D40 :D I love mine!

My buddy sells camera's on ebay if you want a specific model lemme know what it is and I'll ask him about a price. Take it easy~!

avoir le temps, jte dirais de me donner ton 600$ et je t'achèterais le meilleur kit que tu pourrais avoir pour ce montant !

Back