vw golf gti 1.8t 5mt 99 feedback

NisMobile

im plannig on buying one, the car looks clean and i like i just want to know what im getting into since im used to reliable japanese cars with which i never really had any major troubles over the years.

all the horror stories about vw electronics and other things i heard about them freak me out. a friend of mine had a 99 jetta vr6 and it was a nightmare from what he told me. i didnt see get much info for the golf gti but i read alot about the jetta 1.8t 99-03 and it seems it a had a lot of issues and troubles i long term especially electrical trouble, engine and turbo burning major oil and taking gas as much as v6 engine and even more, and golf and jetta same shit right?. any feedback is appreciated form people that had or have this car. the car is stock :bigup:

The 99 model year is not the best of the years. It was the first year of that model and it had its share of little problems.

The 99 model year is not the best of the years. It was the first year of that model and it had its share of little problems.

x2. Get a 2002.5+

2002.5+ 1.8T are good reliable engine. They have awesome fuel economy and can be modified easily to get a good 220hp. If you do schedule maintenance on it, it will last for ever. Beside the coilpacks that failed, that engine is golden. Now all the coilpacks have most likely been changed to the revised version under warranty.

Jetta and GTI are exactly the same drivetrain/suspension/brakes. It's just a different body.

x2. Get a 2002.5+

2002.5+ 1.8T are good reliable engine. They have awesome fuel economy and can be modified easily to get a good 220hp. If you do schedule maintenance on it, it will last for ever. Beside the coilpacks that failed, that engine is golden. Now all the coilpacks have most likely been changed to the revised version under warranty.

Jetta and GTI are exactly the same drivetrain/suspension/brakes. It's just a different body.

Et la pompe à eau?

omg oui, je l'ai oublié celle la, la fameuse pompe a eau en plastic de marde.

mais depuis le temps, elles ont surement toutes été remplacé par les meilleures en métal.

mais reste qu'a tout les 100k km, elle doit être remplacé avec la job de t-belt/tensionneurs. Entretient régulier en fait.

S'il est modifié (chip) ya aussi plein de hoses de vacuum et boost qui peuvent craquer et la clutch qui toffe pas longtemps.

Mais bon, reste que je déconseille les 99-2001... en plus d'avoir de l'age, c'est pas les plus fiables.

Back