I'm back...

875151035.png

TGV30 de Videotron :D

My ping sucks, i'm in Québec City unlike u guys straigh in Montréal.
Sucks but that's at my temp home where I work... at real home i have TGV30 and I will post pics at work on Monday lol its sick

Et c'est quoi ton internet?

Une affaire qui me fait chier de Bell, leur criss de modem sale ne peut pas etre fixer au mur...... Connerie....

Ya du tape double face avec velcro qui existe! Tcheck ca... JE sais que sa t'interesse pas de coller qqchose au mur mais c'est déjà mieux que rien.

Ce qui suce, c'est les download caps...

Si tu peux downloader à 30 ou 50 mpbs, tu cap vite en cr...

A 7 mbps, il peut y avoir des jours où je fais 50-60 GB de download, mais j'ai Illimité.

Si je switch pour plus rapide, les frais de 1.50$ par GB sans limite de facturation tuent ben raide :(

Petites questions pour ceux avec BELL:

- Est-ce que vos vitesses sont stable matin/soir?
- Est-ce que les torrents et/ou autres applications/protocoles sont ralentis?

Thanks!

ceux qui trouvent que leur vitesse de l'upload est trop basse WTF!! On s'en fou tu du upload!! Moi je suis au contraire content qu'il soit bas car les autres ne download pas rapidement de moi donc ça limite ma bande passante. C'est vraiment la vitesse de download que je veux dans le tapis...

et pour cela Vidéotron FTW!!

wtf

I pay for the Videotron High-speed medium at videotron but I get the same results as those with the base high speed which is 15$ cheaper! WTF

[/URL]

wtf

I pay for the Videotron High-speed medium at videotron but I get the same results as those with the base high speed which is 15$ cheaper! WTF

But do you get more capacity?
Personally I'd keep the 7.5mbit connection if it had the 90-100gig xfer like the TGV30 does because I need capacity more than speed.

wtf

LoL ...you got duped by marketing. It is fierce competition out there, if Videotrons's competitors come out with a faster service, they will also try to offer a faster service even if there service is not ready yet. Bell DSL was 5MBs in 2007 with unlimited cap, but offered 7MBs with 60G cap even though their lines were not able to handle 7 MBs yet, those that switched got limited caps and they also phoned customers to upgrade from 5MBs to 7MBs by offering them modems with wifi as an incentive, but those customers learnt the hard way, that after they switched with a higher monthly service fee their service were even slower than what they upgraded from, so the moral of the story is, you pay more and get even less !

I know with my modem, I have a software to see what Bell is connecting my profile speed to. I phone them to alter my profile until is is close or over the promised speeds.

I laugh at the techs when they don't think the customer can see what they are doing to my profile, finally they gave in and set my profile to the promised speeds.

LoL ...you got duped by marketing. It is fierce competition out there, if Videotrons's competitors come out with a faster service, they will also try to offer a faster service even if there service is not ready yet. Bell DSL was 5MBs in 2007 with unlimited cap, but offered 7MBs with 60G cap even though their lines were not able to handle 7 MBs yet, those that switched got limited caps and they also phoned customers to upgrade from 5MBs to 7MBs by offering them modems with wifi as an incentive, but those customers learnt the hard way, that after they switched with a higher monthly service fee their service were even slower than what they upgraded from, so the moral of the story is, you pay more and get even less !

what the heck does that have to do with his results?

He says he has "medium" high-speed, witch I'm guessing is their high-speed service witch offers a 7.5 mbits speed... in this case he is getting exactly what he is paying for.

Check out http://www.videotron.com/service/services-internet/acces-internet and then look at peoples results... the ones saying they have the 30mbits service have the test results that match, same goes for 7.5mbits users, 15mbits, etc...

Videotron has a 50mbits service, so I really doubt they're maxed out by 7.8 mbits.... :rolleyes:

wtf

base service is 2.5mbits... you have the 7.5 witch is the high speed connection. after that, you have their "ultra high speed" services... how much do you pay per month just for your connection??

what the heck does that have to do with his results?

He says he has "medium" high-speed, witch I'm guessing is their high-speed service witch offers a 7.5 mbits speed... in this case he is getting exactly what he is paying for.

Check out http://www.videotron.com/service/services-internet/acces-internet and then look at peoples results... the ones saying they have the 30mbits service have the test results that match, same goes for 7.5mbits users, 15mbits, etc...

Videotron has a 50mbits service, so I really doubt they're maxed out by 7.8 mbits.... :rolleyes:

The results from those speed site are normally correct, but people using them don't understand that there is a 17% overhead which would make it about right. So if you are suppose to have 7MBs service, then your result on the speed sites should be around 5.81MBs or 17% less.

The results from those speed site are normally correct, but people using them don't understand that there is a 17% overhead which would make it about right. So if you are suppose to have 7MBs service, then your result on the speed sites should be around 5.81MBs or 17% less.

From a pure TCP perspective, depending on the transport, you are "about" right.

BUT. What Videotron si selling you is the EFFECTIVE bandwidth that you receive. So your post is not true for Videotron, at last.

The results from those speed site are normally correct, but people using them don't understand that there is a 17% overhead which would make it about right. So if you are suppose to 7MBs, then your result on the speed sites should be around 5.81MBs or 17% less.

???

I pay for their 7.5 mbits connection, I got 7.8x on that speed test... same as everyone here with a videotron high speed connection.

Look at people posting results for their 30 mbits connection, they are getting 30 mbits... then another guy with TGV15, he gets about that too.

I dont understand what you're saying, results here show that videotron's advertised speed are dead-on with the speed tests but you're saying it is not???

well like most peoples on DSLreports, we can only think that they adjusted a bit to compensate for the overhead....

Back