News: Spoon testing parts for the CR-Z

Axis

http://www.7tune.com/spoon-testing-parts-for-honda-cr-z/

Check out Spoon Sports’ new CR-Z. This is just the beginning of development for Honda’s new hybrid sports car so expect many more changes over the coming months.

spoon_honda_crz_1-587x391.jpg

spoon_honda_crz_2-587x391.jpg

spoon_brake_kit_for_honda_crz_2.jpg

link: http://www.7tune.com/spoon-testing-parts-for-honda-cr-z/

No detail on the ECU reprogramming result... fail. Who cares about 4 caliper 16 pistons brakes on a 120hp car??

the back end doesnt do it for me , but man the front looks good! looks like an a3

well say WTH you wanna say!! i just hope one day this car will have an SI version with a K series in it....
I'm starting to have a secret love for this car.

well say WTH you wanna say!! i just hope one day this car will have an SI version with a K series in it....
I'm starting to have a secret love for this car.

Me I hope someone modifies the electric drive train with something more performance orientated and gives a whole new meaning to the expression "Vtec just kicked in yo"... plus imagine how cool it would be to drive a car that sounds like Vuvuzela at WOT...

No detail on the ECU reprogramming result... fail. Who cares about 4 caliper 16 pistons brakes on a 120hp car??

Ha tien monsieur je connait tou...... Tu connait le nombre HP quel a toi ? Humm je c pas ou tu prend t source mais montre moi donc sa cher ( compatriote )

btw je suis prêt a parié que tu mais cette CRZ spoon sur une pist pis ta Hyundai genesis je serrais pas étonner que le CRZ soit bien en avant ;)

Des pièce spoon c de la qualité peut import se que tu peut dire leur nom ont traverser l'histoire dans la course est dans le monde du tuning

Some of the races Spoon has competed in include:

* All Japan GT Championship
* Tsukuba 9 Hours Endurance Race
* 24 Hours Nürburgring
* 25 Hours of Thunderhill
* USTCC (United States Touring Car Championship)

tu peut meme pas commencer a basher sa yon fait leur depuis 1988
so please GTFO avant de pourrire le thread avec t connerie
merci passe un belle journée

Ha tien monsieur je connait tou...... Tu connait le nombre HP quel a toi ? Humm je c pas ou tu prend t source mais montre moi donc sa cher ( compatriote )

Ouvre la Presse d'hier, cahier auto... 126hp si je me rappel bien.

btw je suis prêt a parié que tu mais cette CRZ spoon sur une pist pis ta Hyundai genesis je serrais pas étonner que le CRZ soit bien en avant ;)

Une Civic SI manuel passe à peine en avant d'une Genesis de base automatique, faque certainement pas en avant d'une GC GT manuel... et encore moins de la mienne et encore moins moins une CRX.

C'est une chose de dire que l'ECU à été modifié, et s'en ai une autre que d'avoir des résultats probants autre qu'une pédale d'accélération ou le DBW à été rendu plus sensible...

15.5sec on the 1/4mile dunno about track time.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/car/world-exclusive-test-2011-spoon-sports-cr-z

U.S Exclusive Test: 2011 Honda CR-Z >>
2011 Honda CR-Z Specs >>

Spoon is always one step ahead of the competition, whether that be in racing or introducing tuned versions of Honda’s sportiest cars. The new Spoon CR-Z closely follows Spoon president Tatsuru Ichishima’s philosophy on car tuning, improving the soul of the car rather than just its performance.

The Spoon car sits much closer to the ground, lowered by about an inch and a half. A black carbon-fiber hood and flashy wheels highlight its styling. Under the hood, Spoon took apart the 1.5-liter inline-4 and reassembled the i-VTEC powerplant with many of its own parts. The ECU was remapped, increasing redline from 6200 rpm to 8500, with more torque in the mid range. Of particular note is Spoon’s new exhaust, which makes this hybrid sound like an Italian exotic. Together, the gasoline engine and electric motor produce about 145 bhp and about 150 lb.-ft. of torque, significant gains over stock. Also, Spoon claims it shed about 220 lb. from the car’s curb weight.

Mash the throttle, and the car leaves the line in the same way as the original, with verve, but the Spoon CR-Z gets stronger as the engine revs rise. The Spoon Sports CR-Z, with a 6-speed manual gearbox, dashed to 60 mph in a scant 6.9 seconds and to the quarter mile in 15.5. Naturally, the car’s fuel economy takes a hit; I predict the Spoon CR-Z will still get around 25/29 mpg city/highway.

The car’s handling is much sharper, thanks to stiffer springs and shocks and thicker anti-roll bars. With a strengthened chassis and a custom limited-slip differential, the Spoon CR-Z feels much more neutral than the stock CR-Z. Spoon is currently working on a race version that Ichishima says will introduce a new era in endurance racing. He plans to have this car finished for the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December.

This tuner version of the CR-Z will be available as a complete car later this year for about $8000 plus the cost of the car. For more information, go to the company’s website at www.spoonsports.us.

C'est une chose de dire que l'ECU à été modifié, et s'en ai une autre que d'avoir des résultats probants autre qu'une pédale d'accélération ou le DBW à été rendu plus sensible...

Dude, il y a un moteur électrique en jeu la dedans. L'ECU n'a peut-être pas été modifié pour augmenter la puissance. Ce n'est pas un moteur turbo là!!! C'est peut-être juste la gestion du moteur électrique qui a été changée. Pas toutes les voitures hybrides qui fonctionnent de la même façon. Pis d'après moi, avec un peu de code, c'est relativement facile de changer pas mal d'affaires.

Dude, il y a un moteur électrique en jeu la dedans. L'ECU n'a peut-être pas été modifié pour augmenter la puissance. Ce n'est pas un moteur turbo là!!! C'est peut-être juste la gestion du moteur électrique qui a été changée. Pas toutes les voitures hybrides qui fonctionnent de la même façon. Pis d'après moi, avec un peu de code, c'est relativement facile de changer pas mal d'affaires.

Justement... c'est pas un NA non plus. Selon l'article, ils ont fait augmenter la puissance de genre 20hp avec un ECU tune. Tu en connais beaucoup des voiture de 120hp qui peuvent gagner 20hp avec un ECU tune+exhaust?

Ce que je voulais dire, c'est que fort possiblement que la gestion du moteur électrique est programmée d'usine afin de respecter un certain soucis d'économie d'énergie. Eux, il ont du faire la prog en ayant seulement la performance en tête et en se disant qu'au pire, il devront recharger completement la batterie après une séance de lapping. Dans les bacc en génie électrique, il y a un cours juste pour ça l'asservissement des moteurs. Il y a pleins de choses que tu peux faire avec ça. Tu peux optimiser le tout selon diverses contraintes, sans pour autant que le moteur ne soit plus puissant.

Feeling bad? Honda let you down?

The 120hp CRZ is a joke of a platform to start off from. Spoon should just throw away the powertrain and drivetrain and slap a S2000 GenII engine in there and call it a day. Then you'd be talking.

Until then, it's just another hybrid FWD econobox with wild fantasies of sportyness.

P.S.: I know how you hate Hyundai, so I'll just throw it out there. Have you heard of the Veloster? Similar shape to this CRZ and is rumored to come with the Theta 2.0T as a performance model, heck even the 1.6 will trash on the CRZ. Feeling bad again ? :)

Des pièce spoon c de la qualité peut import se que tu peut dire leur nom ont traverser l'histoire dans la course est dans le monde du tuning

Some of the races Spoon has competed in include:

* All Japan GT Championship
* Tsukuba 9 Hours Endurance Race
* 24 Hours Nürburgring
* 25 Hours of Thunderhill
* USTCC (United States Touring Car Championship)

tu peut meme pas commencer a basher sa yon fait leur depuis 1988
so please GTFO avant de pourrire le thread avec t connerie
merci passe un belle journée

Back