Volvo 850 Turbo AWD -> Bumper Painted page 7!

Lately I've really been looking into the Volvo Wagons...I just love what you've done to yours. Keep it up :)

Matt- I occasionally drive my bayside blue skyline but its been stored for a while now, I was in my RS4 (black). Again, really like the look!

Oh BTW ! Are you LPT or HPT ?

LPT, i might swap in a 16T and wait for it to blow up or something.
Lately I've really been looking into the Volvo Wagons...I just love what you've done to yours. Keep it up :)
thanks alot.. you can get them pretty cheap if you are patient, and willing to do some repair like ive done to mine. thankyou
Ditto.
Belle voiture. J'adore les 850/V70
merci
Matt- I occasionally drive my bayside blue skyline but its been stored for a while now, I was in my RS4 (black). Again, really like the look!

thanks again.. i dont know im bad with colors thats why both my cars are black.

Great work Matt. I would try to grab a hold of some volvo center caps for those rims. Also doesnt the 850 come with "T5" in the back?

Great work Matt. I would try to grab a hold of some volvo center caps for those rims. Also doesnt the 850 come with "T5" in the back?

i have volvo center caps off my other rims
moneyshot.jpg

ive lost one of the just black caps that came with the rims at autodrome st eustache so im going to get around to putting them on..

my cars a first gen AWD not a T-5 so in the back it says AWD not T-5 or anything like that.
wow le meilelur choix de roue tu peut faire parfait

hah toutmonde dit la meme chose. merci!

so for the past month or so, my cars been leaking a little gas through the rotted gas lines about 2 weeks ago it complety let go and just poured out a steady stream everwhere i went..
Now, let me explain how much of a pain this job is. It requires
-a complete rear subframe drop
-rear exhaust removal
-complete gas tank + gas lines drop
-driveshaft removal
Normally it should take about a day or 2 to do this, ive been on it for 2 weeks now, because the subframe is aluminum and after all these years it corroded onto the bolts making them difficult to remove, and i have 1000ft pounds impact gun.. 2 of the bolts came out without problem the impact gun stripped like 3 bolt heads meaning that 3 of them had to be cut off. Also it turns out that months ago i bought a new fuel sending unit because my gas guage wasnt working and its the wrong one, and they want 550$ for a new one at the dealer, today i found a guy parting out a V70 AWD so im going to see if i can buy it off him used. right now my project is on standby intill i get a new sending unit, id hate to do all this work and not even get my gas guage working in the end..
volvosubframedrope001.jpg

My car had been rust proofed but up above the tank was rusty, so i steel brushed off all the loose rust and undercoated the crap out if it.

overall its a terrible design, thank god it only lasted for 3 years! after 99 the AWD cars are made less shitty.

Last edited:
soundclip

oh.. ill get you a soundclip... next summer though.. when i finish it.. i did just the DP for because i was sick of the leak..
Ill get you a sound clip of the BOV !

im actually lowered in the front on R springs.. i think it lowers more on the AWD models.. In the back i have nivomats, which were swapped out with a different model which = drop.. Eventually im going to custom order some springs to stiffen it up back there..

thanks

ive got a 95 850 fwd 5 speed and i gotta say the box is lookin good..props.. but 4 ur suspension i picked mine up at ipd and it was a 1.65 inch drop front anf rear with oem sach boges shock rides awsomes.but i dont remeber if they had 4 the awd :s either way awsome car need any parts or info on anything drop me a line always happy 2 help out a fellow volvoer!lol AND OMG PURE SEX DOWNPIPE!!

ive got a 95 850 fwd 5 speed and i gotta say the box is lookin good..props.. but 4 ur suspension i picked mine up at ipd and it was a 1.65 inch drop front anf rear with oem sach boges shock rides awsomes.but i dont remeber if they had 4 the awd :s either way awsome car need any parts or info on anything drop me a line always happy 2 help out a fellow volvoer!lol AND OMG PURE SEX DOWNPIPE!!

it says you live in lasalle, do you live like right off the mercier bride, i always see balln volvos parked outside there?

thanks, i think my drop is more than ipd. and no, they have nothing for AWD, and i couldnt use them if they did. You on CVQ?

it says you live in lasalle, do you live like right off the mercier bride, i always see balln volvos parked outside there?

That's a paint shop specialized into Volvo's if I'm not wrong... the guy's brother of Donny from Deo Auto Services on Royal Mount.

nah man unfortunately the IPD kits are only good for 850, s70 sedans and fwd wagons

I'm talking to Matt01 to go custom with his rear spring set up, you just need to get your hands on an eibach springs catalog. The sachs shocks are not bad when you use them with the IPD springs, but the only modification you should think of is Koni if you decide to swap them.

Back