Volvo 850 Turbo AWD -> Bumper Painted page 7!

Matt01

Volvo 850 Turbo AWD

So finally I feel that ive gotten to an acceptable point with my car. So i post it. There has been alot of work done to this car over the years, I've learned so much. I've had alot of fun with this car so far. I drive it everyday, and it hardly ever lets me down, but that said, i've done ALOT of maintenance into it as well.

Here it is when i first bought it.
IMG_4217.jpg

at this point the car had many problems
-no boost, no blower motor, rear wiper motor broken, driver heated seat busted, handbrake busted..
I fixed the boost (pin broke off and disconnected the turbo actuator) and added a boost controller, so stock is 7-8, now im boosting 12-13 PSI.
Before Cleanup:
IMG_4222.jpg

At this point, ive fixed almost all my problems, so i decided to lower it.
sideview.jpg

moneyshot.jpg

I then came upon a group buy on Club Volvo Quebec which i couldent let go to waste. I bought these.
pegs.jpg

then test fit
volvopegs.jpg

and installed
Volvo1122007.jpg

Volvo108.jpg

VolvoClean004.jpg

VolvoMazda009.jpg

engine bay cleaned up
Volvo1122006.jpg

VolvoMazda016.jpg
]
VolvoClean008.jpg

Full tan leather interior too i also added an alpine headunit + sub.
volvointerior.jpg

I'm going to add the pictures from the the pages, so it follows along.
Next, I had a custom downpipe built from HT Turbo Tech
Downpipe2.jpg

Downpipe7.jpg

Downpipe4.jpg

R Bumper
random004.jpg

Installed:
afterwax.jpg

R interior, Suede/leather seats from a v70r and inserts from an 850R
DSCN0840.jpg

DSCN0841.jpg

inserts.jpg

Shocks, I made custom brackets to bolt on rear Koni Yellows in place:
writeup040.jpg

Installed:
DSCN1295.jpg

Koni STR.T in the front
koni-1.jpg

Brakes:
Slotted Rotors + Ceramic Pads / stainless flex lines all around
newstuff0012.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specs:
2.4L 5 Cylinder - 13G Turbo - 14PSI Drop in tune
5 Speed Manual, AWD
282 000 Kilometers, Original Engine/ Tranny/ Paint/Turbo
Owned for 3 years
Weight (approx) = 3700LBS
Best time at Napi no tune = 15.2 ---- Needs Update
Best time at Saint-Eu = 51.91 suspension not complete --- Needs Update

Mods List:

• IPD Short Ram + K&N filter(12-25-2011)
• Snabb Fresh Air Pipe ( 01-27-2012)
• Snabb Intake Spacer (Summer 2012)
• Eurosport Tuning Carbon Fiber Strut Brace
• Snabb Short Shift Kit + Brass Bushings
• Eurosport Tuning BOV ( 12-20-2010)
• Custom Stainless Steel 3” Downpipe + Race Cat (12-14-10 @260000)
• R Springs
• Manual Boost Controller
• Alpine Radio + Subwoofer
• Polyflex silicone upper engine mount
• Koni SRT.T Front Shocks / Koni Sport Yellow Rear
• Foster Slotted Rotors/ Akebono Pads, Stainless Flex lines all around

Now:
montrealracing.jpg

300180_214351885296189_164306543634057_596705_761057494_n.jpg

sickshots.jpg

wm_normal_od0403_945692.jpg

Bonus: With plasti-dipped bumper trim:
montrealracing99.jpg

Please follow along the pages for further updates.

Last edited:
thanks alot

still alot of work to do, however the exterior is almost done! Some bodywork+ new windshield, and im done!

Tu as prit les plus belles roues que tu pouvais mettre! good job, c est bien partie lâche pas!!

Me semble avec une grosse lip en avant sa serait écœurant!

wow that mazda 3 is rice, why would you associate with someone like that? the car is comming along nice matt, get some spacer action going on soon!

Last edited:
wow that mazda 3 is rice, why would you associate with someone like that? the car is comming along nice matt, get some spacer action going on soon!

haha you know thats not going to happen. Got a new windsheild + rust repair to come before winter hopefully, then my money is going to performance.
what is your suspension setup and what size are your tires ?

man... i dont want to talk about it... Ive got R springs in the front with stock springs in the back with softer nivomats which gave me the drop in the back. Im going to special order some eibach springs for the back eventually to stiffen it back up. (AWD so they have no kit for the car)
Tires are pegs 17x7.5" on 225/50r17 i think.

I also did a writeup about these specific cars if it interests you...
http://www.volvoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40602

haha you know thats not going to happen. Got a new windsheild + rust repair to come before winter hopefully, then my money is going to performance.

man... i dont want to talk about it... Ive got R springs in the front with stock springs in the back with softer nivomats which gave me the drop in the back. Im going to special order some eibach springs for the back eventually to stiffen it back up. (AWD so they have no kit for the car)
Tires are pegs 17x7.5" on 225/50r17 i think.

I also did a writeup about these specific cars if it interests you...
http://www.volvoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40602

R springs lower that much ?! Omg

If you are not sure, I don't believe you have 225/50's all around because I have 225/45's and I rub... 850's have tiny fenders and they properly fit with 205/40's (recommended), and I have Bilstein's with H&R coil springs @ 4 corners... really impressed about the results on yours man... I was running 215/40's all around and the drop did not seem much... when I changed for 225/45's, omg. I can't even slide my fingers between the tires and rear fender lol

R springs lower that much ?! Omg

If you are not sure, I don't believe you have 225/50's all around because I have 225/45's and I rub... 850's have tiny fenders and they properly fit with 205/40's (recommended), and I have Bilstein's with H&R coil springs @ 4 corners... really impressed about the results on yours man... I was running 215/40's all around and the drop did not seem much... when I changed for 225/45's, omg. I can't even slide my fingers between the tires and rear fender lol

shit ya... 214/45/r17 i forgot to edit it..... sorry about that
R springs lowered like that for me.. everyone on VS were surprised too. My car barley rubs, it only rubs on 1 place where the inner fender is bent and sticks out.

shit ya... 214/45/r17 i forgot to edit it..... sorry about that
R springs lowered like that for me.. everyone on VS were surprised too. My car barley rubs, it only rubs on 1 place where the inner fender is bent and sticks out.

If your lowered with stock shocks, I'll highly suggest you to upgrade your front struts (at least).... you're gonna kill 'em ! When I changed mine, they were not the originals and when I compressed one of the strut, it never came back haha

And do you feel vibrations over 120 km/h ? It seems we need a camber kit to stop the steering boucing from left to right... like a kind of 'play' on the highway...

id like to do my front struts eventually.. but right now im running front R springs and the shocks off the R too.

Just a little vibration on the highway.. feels like it could be anything, even a slight difference in tire pressure or alignment or balancing...mostly smooth all the way to 220kmh

id like to do my front struts eventually.. but right now im running front R springs and the shocks off the R too.

Just a little vibration on the highway.. feels like it could be anything, even a slight difference in tire pressure or alignment or balancing...mostly smooth all the way to 220kmh

lol 220 crazy man, never went that fast yet

Looks good man! I pretty sure was behind you in the old port on de la commune not too long ago...

lol 220 crazy man, never went that fast yet

well i had to test it. i didnt believe that it could do it.
Looks good man! I pretty sure was behind you in the old port on de la commune not too long ago...
its possible i dont bring my car downtown too much because the first ever time i brought the volvo down there was nuit blance and some jerkoff scratched some shit into my window.. although i have been there a couple times recently.. never leaving the car too far out of sight.
do you really drive a skyline.. is it silver? if yes.. i saw you too.
if you saw the pedobear then yes.. it was me
IMG_4479.jpg

Last edited:
Back