Drive! My Move From Montreal to Calgary (Pics)

I have no regrets, that's for sure. Financially, it was definitely the right move. I was kind of in a rut when I left. The only thing I really miss is having my family and certain friends close by.

Calgary is a pretty boring city compared to MTL, but I still like it. It suits my lifestyle well. I'd have to say MTL>CGY, but Alberta>Quebec in a huge way. Aside from the amazing food and a couple other things, Quebec didn't have much to offer me. MTL definitely has the edge when it comes to history, culture, and the ability to get just about anything on the planet in one city. I appreciate MTL more now when I visit than I did while living there.

Out here income taxes are lower, there is no sales tax, gas is cheaper, the roads are generally in great shape- you see your tax dollars actually being used out here- really an amazing concept. Cops don't waste their time harassing you and handing out ridiculous tickets. It's like they have real police work to keep them busy. Rocky Mountains an hour away etc... the list of pros goes on.

It was the right move for me, and I'm still glad the opportunity came up. But damn, I would give anything for a good smoked meat sandwich, poutine and lap dance right now. *tu*

I can ship vacuum sealed MTL smoked meat to you with no problem. PM me

How old are you? We may have met and we don't know, grew up in ile perrot
I'm 32 now :yikes: I wouldn't be surprised if out paths have crossed at some point. My name is Stirling.

The place is called Alberta King of Subs.

It's the only place we would have poutine in Calgary.

It's a little joint in the NE

http://www.albertakingofsubs.com/
Can't hurt to give it a try, thanks!

Wow, you guys are making want to leave now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure you'll love Kelowna... Dat Okanagan lifestyle! :victory:

I know it's 2 hours something drive, but go to Edmonton at "La Poutine" restaurant, it's a friend of mine who own the business (Francis). the gravy is freaking amazing and it's curd cheese made locally, not grated cheese.
Nice, I will check it out for sure. I haven't been up to Edmonton yet, that will give me a reason.

I can ship vacuum sealed MTL smoked meat to you with no problem. PM me

What brand? I already have a hook-up but might take you up on that, thanks! *tu*

I'm 32 now :yikes: I wouldn't be surprised if out paths have crossed at some point. My name is Stirling.

most likely we crossed one day, lived there for 15 years :p But i'm way younger than you, so probably not in the same friends circles.

How the car inspection works in calgary? Is it like ontario, onces every year? Or like qc

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

How the car inspection works in calgary? Is it like ontario, onces every year? Or like qc

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You have to do an out of province inspection when registering a vehicle from a different province (obviously). Once your car is registered, there are no yearly inspections. If you buy a car that's more than 10 years old, you have to do an "insurance inspection" which is pretty basic, much less stringent than the out of province inspection. That's about it.

Not at all... I've never been harassed, and never really heard of anyone getting harassed for mods. Much more laid back here when it comes to that IMO. That being said, we don't have as many shitboxes with stupid hellaflush camber etc, like you see out east. There's a pretty strong car scene here, and I never see cops interfering with meets, despite plenty of people racing around, doing burnouts etc.

people have much more money into their hobbies (cars, sleds, trucks) and generally the average car has better mods.

mega bump!

I now understand what you meant by the okanagan lifestyle hahah, have been in town in the past three years? Probably crossed paths!

Sweet, how are you liking it?? Has the west changed you? I haven't done the drive out to the coast in a few years now, so haven't passed by Kelowna. Maybe this summer though because I'm really itching for a road trip.

Not sure if I want to be caught in BC right now with an Alberta plate though lol...BC cops are hard enough on us as it is, I can only imagine how it is now that our provinces are pretty much at war.

redwolf-peace-symbol-artwork-india.png.pagespeed.ce.4X5NOVHhI4.png

Sweet, how are you liking it?? Has the west changed you? I haven't done the drive out to the coast in a few years now, so haven't passed by Kelowna. Maybe this summer though because I'm really itching for a road trip.

Not sure if I want to be caught in BC right now with an Alberta plate though lol...BC cops are hard enough on us as it is, I can only imagine how it is now that our provinces are pretty much at war.

https://www.redwolf.in/image/catalo...artwork-india.png.pagespeed.ce.4X5NOVHhI4.png

Most definitely changed me, I fit in so much more here than in Quebec. Apparently I speak like a Canadian now hahahahah.

I’m leaving Kelowna heading to jasper at the end of the month. I’ll drive the icefields down to Banff then head east trough Calgary. Pretty sad I’m leaving this coast but I’d be stupid to decline the offer I’ve accepted in Quebec.

Kelowna, le plus beau spot au canada. Ma blonde et moi revons de vivre la depuis que nous avons passer par la en 2000, surtout depuis Area 27 lol

I'll be doing the same drive Montreal to Calgary this July, same route with my grandfather, will be taking his '99 Boxster haha! Will post some pics!

Kelowna, le plus beau spot au canada. Ma blonde et moi revons de vivre la depuis que nous avons passer par la en 2000, surtout depuis Area 27 lol

Ahhhh man attend 4-6 ans que le marché immobilier se stabilise. C’est zéro achetable/vivable ici sans 2 très bons salaires. Et le marché du travail est super saisonnier ici.

Déménage pas si un de vous deux a un problème d’alcool ou de coke lol, ça va mal finir ici l’été

Mais maudit que c’est beau.

Météo live:
525b8a3a41d91153f491087e25fa2a63.jpg

15C pas de nuages.

Je vais essayer d’amener la météo avec moi lol

I'll be doing the same drive Montreal to Calgary this July, same route with my grandfather, will be taking his '99 Boxster haha! Will post some pics!

You’ll need to drive to Banff then up to jasper with him.

https://www.kelowna.ca/

Lol ya un link pour report les potholes ...

"Help us by reporting potholes on City streets, so we can locate & repair them faster."

Hahahah les potholes ici sont dignes du Québec. Ça a gelé/dégelé trop de fois cet hiver et la y’a des cratères de malade partout hahahahah

Back