Where did all the good rap go?

the good shit died in 1988.

Haha calm down, It was barely starting by those years. While I agree the earlier stuff is way better than today's shit, There's Legends that were bred in the 90's.

Big Pun
Biggie Smalls
Big L
Busta
Mobb Deep
Method man
Redman
Xzibit
Ludacris
Alchemist
Jedi Mind Tricks
And many many more

There's still good hip hop around, Like other people said - You gotta look for it.

Even local MTL hiphop is getting pretty damn good, Magnum, I.Blast, KrazyK, David Hodges, Ben SRH, PTC Productions etc...

Latest from my buddies -

Real rap disappeared..... now it's just a bunch of jewish sponsored blacks promoting adultery with their bubble gum styled shit rhymes.

Now you have lame shit like:

"got a lot of girls, got a lot of flavor.... that's when i hit them up they want me to return the favor".

Or "i can make your bed rock... she won't even wonder cuz she know she bad.. and i got her nigga, grocery bag'.

And concluding with the "shorty is an ini mini miniy moe lover".

It's going to be soon that we'll hear songs about winnie pooh, barbie and ken, santa.... merry poppins... etc.

I used to listen to Wu tang, Cypress hill, Beastie boys (when they were good), etc..
I stopped listening to it when I couldn't find anyone who DIDN'T talk about how much money they had or any other superficial bullshit.
I've always disliked 2pac's music, but I respect what he was rapping about. Real problems, how life was hard.. meanwhile all these newbie fags are comparing bank accounts, fucking pansies.

Real rap disappeared..... now it's just a bunch of jewish sponsored blacks promoting adultery with their bubble gum styled shit rhymes.

Now you have lame shit like:

"got a lot of girls, got a lot of flavor.... that's when i hit them up they want me to return the favor".

Or "i can make your bed rock... she won't even wonder cuz she know she bad.. and i got her nigga, grocery bag'.

And concluding with the "shorty is an ini mini miniy moe lover".

It's going to be soon that we'll hear songs about winnie pooh, barbie and ken, santa.... merry poppins... etc.

hahaha cest tellement vrai

ça me manque ces années là! du bon rap avec de la bonne bass,qui fait aller ta tête automatiquement au son du beat....pis tu fais ''oooohhhhhhh yeeeaaahhhhhh''

Cmon like there wasn't garbage hip hop in 96? for every album like this:.

2Pac-All-Eyez-on-me-2cd-1996-cover.jpg

There was 5 albums like this:

61tcBPRvtbL._SL500_.jpg

2pac and Biggie in 96 were still pretty underground, it's only after they died that people started really got on the wagon. There's good hip hop these days, you're just not looking hard enough.

Biggie Smalls
Busta
Mobb Deep
Method man
Redman
Xzibit
Ice cube
OL DIRTY BASTARD
Crooked I
Jay Z
Ja Rule
Fat Joe
Lupe Fiasco
Classified
Cypress Hill
GZA
Michael Jackson
Twista

I don't have youtube at work, but go check out Syndicate Villain.
He's a new rapper from Vancouver, i really like his stuff, especially the song "all that i know" let me know what you guys think

When I meet people younger then me, I feel old because they've never heard hit em up or notorious thugz. Rap has lost it's roots but nobody cares really. What ever Lil Wayne shits out of his mouth, people will listen to. Some of these rappers have talent but don't know how to use it. There is no more metaphors or any meaning whatsoever. Its just really sad.

Those of you who shit on 2pac... he sold more than 75 million records. Eminem sold 80 million records. This makes 2pac the second most successful rapper and he continues to outsell from his grave the clowns that are rapping today.

Those of you who shit on 2pac... he sold more than 75 million records. Eminem sold 80 million records. This makes 2pac the second most successful rapper and he continues to outsell from his grave the clowns that are rapping today.

While tupac isn't even near my top 10, He did talk about some good topics, Though he was a hypocrite for the amount of smack he used to talk.

Are you a record label ?

I don't base my musical choices on record sales. Mainstrean music is mostly crap. The reason mainstrean "hiphop" is where it's at now it's because of shit like Tupac, gangster, hoes, cars, money etc... that's not the values that hiphop was based on.

Hoes money and cars isn't the problem, It was fine to talk about this shit because they are everyday issues, The big problem is the fact that all these rappers are solely speaking about just bitches, expensive cars, bling bling and poppin bottles... The whole "Baller" style. Most of them are bragging douchebags with no education and no street cred, With barely any real life experience, It's like they popped out of their moms twat and sucked on her titties for 17 years.

It's a shame what's happening, But it's actually pretty normal, Shit changes, Not always for the better.

J'aime la majorité des groupes que vous avez nommés donc j'crois bien que vous allez aimer celui là !

Sadistik :
C'est 3 meilleurs selon moi.
November
The Exception To Everything
Searching for Some Beautiful
et beaucoup d'autre..

Back