2010 WRX transmission blown, any other input appreciated

First : the reason why you can't count them ... it's because there's none ! lol

Second : I agree with you .. that flappy-paddle gearbox is for PlayStation kids .... that's why I got the GSR. And the tranny on that beast seems to be made of tank anti-armor steal ! I really doubt it could blow !

Third : you are right

Fourth: me too ! :) Just wanna start a war ! lol

For the record .. Evo's will OWN STI's everytime ! Ask that douche bag on the 20 who tried to out run me !

Ownage or not, there will always be times when STis will win and EVos will win. Around a track, from a roll, everything, it all depends on the driver, the mods, etc. If you're telling me that an Evo will win every time, then I will laugh. I have seen a WRX pull away from an EvoX...oh wait it was mine. And the same guy who was driving that Evo is the one who brought up all the blown trannies. As well, the tranny issue was in the 02-03 wrx, known as the glass tranny. I had that complete powertrain, and beat the hell out of it. Never did it show signs of wear, so it was probably more the idiots slapping in anything above a basic stage 1 clutch whom were the ones that ended up with blown trannies.

That's what you get for buying a Subaru ! lol

lol seriously? Dude you drive a mitsubishi. Did the dealer pre-order the 5 transmissions your going to blow? Tell them to order some trim pieces also before you car rattles appart. :p

pssst: the EVOs lost

Last edited:
Nice vid. It shows it pretty well but that;s just one example. Im pro Subaru but I love the Evos. They are very tuneable and great handling, but there is just something missing that the Subbies have. Maybe it's the F4 that gets me? ya, for sure ;)

i love both car too ...but serious....in my opinion , no matter how strong is the transmission (whatever mitsubishi or subaru...), if the driver don't know how to drive , it will still break . For me the Evo is fast cuz it got AYC and the Subaru got less electronic stuff than Evo . Both of them is a good car . So no more war....

i love both car too ...but serious....in my opinion , no matter how strong is the transmission (whatever mitsubishi or subaru...), if the driver don't know how to drive , it will still break . For me the Evo is fast cuz it got AYC and the Subaru got less electronic stuff than Evo . Both of them is a good car . So no more war....

Down for peace. One of my close friends has an EvoX....somehoowww we get along ;)

How come the Godzilla didn't kill' em all ?

So .. it always comes down to the driver !!

ok ok ... end of war .. Evo's and STI's are awesome cars !

I'll go Buy a GT-R now !

Back