Your Equipment.

quelqun as essayer le nikon D3100?? comparer a ma Canon T1I vous en pensez quoi??

Late reply, but i hope you read it.

For $600, I wouldn't even think of looking anywhere else i want to get one as backup, and as a second cam for shooting video.

High ISO performance is better than the d90 for a bit only thing is, it's small, and your hand cramps if you're shooting for hours at a time.

Absolutely love it, and I'm thinking of getting it with a nikon 50mm 1.8.

My equipment:

Nikon
- D40
- D80
- D90 (sold)
- D7000
- "owned" the D3100 for about a week.

lenses:
- Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
- Nikkor 18-55 (kit lens)
- Nikkor 55-200
- Nikkor 35mm 1.8
- Nikkor 50mm 1.8
- Pro-optic 8mm fisheye (mostly for "fun" videos, but amazing quality for the price)
Planning to get a Sigma 70-200 2.8 or 85mm 1.8 after the holidays. Most likely the 70-200 so i can do some sports with it too.

Lighting:
- usual light stand, umbrella adapter thingy.
- ~30" convertible umbrella
- 26" speed light soft box on the way.
- 2 x Vivitar 285HV (thanks for the suggestion Boily, I love them)
- 2 sets of Cactus V4. (Looking to get cybersyncs soon. Id rather not TLL, just the cheap "eBay" ones aren't built strong enough, but work fine.)
- 8" snoot, grids, and different gels on the way.

My equipment:
lenses:
- Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
- Nikkor 18-55 (kit lens)
- Nikkor 55-200
- Nikkor 35mm 1.8
- Nikkor 50mm 1.8
- Pro-optic 8mm fisheye (mostly for "fun" videos, but amazing quality for the price)
Planning to get a Sigma 70-200 2.8 or 85mm 1.8 after the holidays. Most likely the 70-200 so i can do some sports with it too.

You recommend it?

If you really want a fish-eye, than a big "yes." I can't say you "need" a fisheye, cause you don't need it for anything, unless you want to play with software to straighten and crop the image after. But even then, just get a god wide-angle lens.

It retails for about $250-300, but I got lucky and got it for $135 shipped on eBay from Ontario. No duties or anything.

It's apparently sharper / less distorted than the Nikon fisheye which you get for twice the price.
See: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/8mm-f35.htm

Canon Rebel T2i (love it!)
Canon Rebel XT as backup

Tamron 18-270mm lens (love it too!)
Canon 50mm 1.8
Polarizing + UV filter

Vivitar flash
Canon 270ex flash

2 x 16gb class 6 memory card + 1 x 4gb card
Tripod

Add a Sigma DG 530 EX Super flash to the list! Gotta love Lozeau's boxing week sale!!!

quelqun as essayer le nikon D3100?? comparer a ma Canon T1I vous en pensez quoi??

I bought the Nikon D3100 and I think it's amazing so far, At first I found it sorta complicated to use but I read the manual and it's pretty damn easy now lol.

I've got the D3100 with the basic kit, UV filter. Probably gonna buy a bag for it soon and I'm also looking for recommendations for lenses, Preferably < $500ish. I'm probably looking to buy 1-3 new lenses within a few weeks, Already just with the kit lens I'm having a blast taking pics!

Canon XSi

18-55 kit lens
50mm 1.8 II
70-300mm 4-5.6 IS USM

Velbon tripod

Lowepro Slingshot 200AW

Next:
430EX flash
Tamron 17-50 2.8 or the Canon EF-S 17-55 2.8
7D

If you want an advice for you next lens since you are looking for the 17-50 tamron and canon. There is almost no differences between both. Only the autofocus is slightly faster onthe canon but as for the image quality or construction build there is no differences. And the tamron is about half the price..

I bought the Nikon D3100 and I think it's amazing so far, At first I found it sorta complicated to use but I read the manual and it's pretty damn easy now lol.

I've got the D3100 with the basic kit, UV filter. Probably gonna buy a bag for it soon and I'm also looking for recommendations for lenses, Preferably < $500ish. I'm probably looking to buy 1-3 new lenses within a few weeks, Already just with the kit lens I'm having a blast taking pics!

For the D3100, I suggest first:
- 35mm f/1.8 --> A lens you'll use for the rest of your life, even on a full-frame
- 17-50 f/2.8 --> you'll realize soon enough how important 2.8 lenses are (1.8 also, but they're all primes i.e. no-zoom). The Tamron 17-50 2.8 is great, and can be had for less than $500.
- 50mm f/1.4 --> only suggesting this one because the 50mm f/1.8 for a third of the price DOES NOT Autofocus with the D3100/5000.

And everything else, you'll be able to figure out the lenses you'll want to use for the type of photos you'd want to take.

Next on my list is the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. For a fraction of the Nikon 70-200, the performance is very comparable. AF is just a bit slower, but for $800 instead of $2000+, it's a good compromise. Would be amazing for Sports shots.

If you want an advice for you next lens since you are looking for the 17-50 tamron and canon. There is almost no differences between both. Only the autofocus is slightly faster onthe canon but as for the image quality or construction build there is no differences. And the tamron is about half the price..

I agree. Tamron and Sigma make great lenses. And if photography isn't you moneymaker, I don't see any real advantages over getting the Nikon/Canon lenses when Tamron/Sigma/Tokina make great lenses. Just make sure you google reviews, cause some of the first revisions of some lenses have a few issues, or are just plain bad.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the Tamron because of it's price.

you should, for the price it's a very good Lens.

unfortunatly the only sample I have is this one from KOTD a month ago.

3523750372.jpg

no flash, and very low light. but still sharp at 2.8 (lot of Pshop I know but it's normal)

I'm no pro, but I love photography

Nikon D7000
Nikon D70s (Now spare, until I sell it...)

Sigma 28-70mm f2.8
Nikkor 18-200mm VR
Nikkor 70-300mm (for sale...)

Various filters of different sizes...

Remote, various accessories, spare batteries, tripods, bags, etc.

I'll be adding an external flash soon...

Je vien de me fais un Cadeau de noel en retard futureshop Annoncais la Canon XS a 499.99
avec l'objectif 18-55mm + 75-300mm + sac LowePro

J'arrive au magasin il restais juste une boite ouverte... la fille a essaye de me le vendre a 499 mais connaissant un brin futureshop tu t'ostine avec et ta un rabais j'ai eu 10% de rabais + Carte HCSD 8gig en prime donc pas pire pour 512$ tx inc !

Je vien de me fais un Cadeau de noel en retard futureshop Annoncais la Canon XS a 499.99
avec l'objectif 18-55mm + 75-300mm + sac LowePro

J'arrive au magasin il restais juste une boite ouverte... la fille a essaye de me le vendre a 499 mais connaissant un brin futureshop tu t'ostine avec et ta un rabais j'ai eu 10% de rabais + Carte HCSD 8gig en prime donc pas pire pour 512$ tx inc !

c'était tu avec l'objectif 18-55 is? sinon c'est pas un très bon deal.

Leica M9 with 50mm Summilux-M F1.4.... In my dreams!

Who gives a shit about equipment... It's only important for photo journalists or sport photographers...

I take better pictures with my D40 setup with a 35mm 1.8 then most Cannon 1d Mark IV owners...

FU who thinks equipment is important.

Back