2JZ and N54.

Tenassi

Banned
Which one of these two engines can take boost abuse more ? In their respective cars, which one can we put two big or one big turbo ? Both are twin- turbocharged and have 3 liters of displacment. I was wondering if the German engine was as tough as the Japanese engine.

1JZ/2JZ Still reigns supreme for capability on stock internals. Simple but yet outstanding engine. N54 is a great engine but it's just doesn't seem to be as durable, burns oil and the direct injection makes everything complicated.

However nothing compares to the 1.3L turbo you can find in Swift's

2JZ :

hammer-1.jpg

N54:

swan-morton-graphic-scalpel.jpg

honestly the N54 is one hell of an engine! you squeeze alot out of the stock turbos but same with the 2JZ. I've seen a few 2J in the upwards of 450whp on stock turbos(even heard of 500whp) and if I remember the N54 on a race fuel tune will make 442whp. Dont forget that the N54 is still young compared to the 2JZ so it hasnt had much R&D around the tunning world like the 2JZ.

as for stock block, the highest stock bottom end 2JZ was 980whp. They have very tough bottom ends but the head doesn't flow as great tho. Most guys running 600+whp are all cammed and have mild head work.

honestly the N54 is one hell of an engine! you squeeze alot out of the stock turbos but same with the 2JZ. I've seen a few 2J in the upwards of 450whp on stock turbos(even heard of 500whp) and if I remember the N54 on a race fuel tune will make 442whp. Dont forget that the N54 is still young compared to the 2JZ so it hasnt had much R&D around the tunning world like the 2JZ.

as for stock block, the highest stock bottom end 2JZ was 980whp. They have very tough bottom ends but the head doesn't flow as great tho. Most guys running 600+whp are all cammed and have mild head work.

+1

I'll take the N54 in a heartbeat. Iron blocks are reserved for antiques.

Back