Article: 599 GTO 18th birthday Gift!

middle-class spoiled kids are the worse...

Rich kids don't act like the world owe them something, they already have everything and don't need to pressure anything to have it.

Kinda true about the middle class, I knew a girl that her dad used to buy her everything and when her parent got divorced and she couldn't see him anymore, she turned out crazy and followed the path of the gold digger. Back at the topic, really lucky guy...

Because spoiled kids act spoiled and I don't want my kid to grow up a spoiled little douche. They never understand the concept of money and end up failures.

Spoiling a kid and buying him what he needs are not the same thing.

He will get whatever he needs and it'll be nice stuff, but if he wants anything more, he will have to work for it, just like I did.

I will, however, spoil him/her with love/attention! That'll always free of charge for my kids. :bigup:

I wouldnt want to be your kid

its a nice car and i wont lie but, its a birthday gift so ye I cant complain, but if his dad bought it like that for him then it would suprise me, no knowing the value of money is something... nice car tho somewhat jealous

I wouldnt want to be your kid

Why? Because you'd have to do something with your life?

Being a good father =/= buying your kid a lot of expensive shit.

You guys know Brett Wilson on Dragon's Den? He said when he died, he wasn't leaving his money to his kids, it's all going to charity. His kid said "what if I'm not successful like you?" He answered "Let's talk about how you measure success, if your needs are many, you may never be happy, but if your needs are few and easily met, you may always be happy."

His kid said "what if I'm not successful like you?" He answered "Let's talk about how you measure success, if your needs are many, you may never be happy, but if your needs are few and easily met, you may always be happy."

he can't answer a simple question about success. goes on ranting about happiness :rolleyes:

Spoiling is throwing things at your kids for no reason. Yes this family has money, yes they buying very expensive cars. It's all relative though. This "kid" is well spoken, answers honestly and knows not to show off. He and his father seem to have quite the bond and his love for cars is legit. I see no problem as long as the father is not working his ass off when he should be retired and chilling, just to pay for his sons cars.

This is a legit father-son relationship, the same way someone like myself had my sports funded. It means a lot to his pop to share such a hobby with his son. Think about it.

Why? Because you'd have to do something with your life?

Being a good father =/= buying your kid a lot of expensive shit.

You guys know Brett Wilson on Dragon's Den? He said when he died, he wasn't leaving his money to his kids, it's all going to charity. His kid said "what if I'm not successful like you?" He answered "Let's talk about how you measure success, if your needs are many, you may never be happy, but if your needs are few and easily met, you may always be happy."

Your'e making it seem as if there is a direct correlation between giving your children material goods and their success rate, that's complete b.s.. If your son or daughter has a poor work-ethic they're gonna end up being failures in life regardless of what they were given.

If I work my ass off every fucking day of my life to be able to afford the finer things in life, why would I NOT hand it down to the people I love and care for the most, my CHILDREN.

Because I don't think they would appreciate them as much as you would since they got them free of charge.

I'm not saying I wouldn't give them anything, I'm saying they'd have to work for what they got.

That's kind of a legend, except really really special limited editions. You have to wait 1-2-3 years, true, but in the end you will get one...
If you have the connections...you will get it sooner...

No legend there, there is a 2 years waiting list for regular models but for special edition you got to be connected. When they released the first pic of the 599GTO, they were are sold.....the same goes with the 16m, they were are sold out before the first pic came out...:bigup:

So because you said you wont give them nice things, you assume they wont work hard?

Let's say you have a rich kid and he turns 18 and his dad buys him a car. I wouldn't do that.

What I would do, is pay half of a nicer car.

So let's say he finds a way to come up with 8000$ to buy his own car, I'd pay half so he could get a 16000$ car.

At least then he worked for the money and earned it and my part of the cost is my reward for his working hard. If he didn't come up with any money, I'm sure as hell not going to give him a free fucking car.

I'd like my kid to at least buy his first car from money he directly earned. This is what I did while working as a bag boy at the grocery store. I saved $1500 and bought an '85 Prelude. Then I saved more and upgraded to another and then another. It taught me how to manage money and I hope my kids learn this as well.

That being said, I would love to be able to help out my kids afterward if they want to buy a car but its a bit out of their range. I have no problem chipping in for the down payment or whatever. Once their in their early twenties and have demonstrated they have a head on their shoulders I think the harm of giving them a present such as a car is minimal.

Because I don't think they would appreciate them as much as you would since they got them free of charge.

I'm not saying I wouldn't give them anything, I'm saying they'd have to work for what they got.

Totally agree. Hand a kid a car and he will have no sense of what it took to get it. Now make him work countless hours to pay for it and every time they think about it, they'll know, "Hey maybe I shouldn't do that, I really don't feel like working all those hours again if I fuck up my car".

It instills a sense of money responsibility.

I'd like my kid to at least buy his first car from money he directly earned. This is what I did while working as a bag boy at the grocery store. I saved $1500 and bought an '85 Prelude. Then I saved more and upgraded to another and then another. It taught me how to manage money and I hope my kids learn this as well.

That being said, I would love to be able to help out my kids afterward if they want to buy a car but its a bit out of their range. I have no problem chipping in for the down payment or whatever. Once their in their early twenties and have demonstrated they have a head on their shoulders I think the harm of giving them a present such as a car is minimal.

This ^

T'aurais pas le même discourt si tu avait 10 millions de dollars qui entreraient dans ton compte de banque annuellement. Moi mon discourt serait:

C'est un tout autre horizon.

FAUX. Je voudrais que mes enfants soient independant de ma richesse si j'etais millionnaire. Il va avoir tout ce qu'il a BESOIN mais jvais JAMAIS le spoil. Il va aller a l'ecole et travailler pour son premier auto. Si tu lui donne tout ce qu'il veut il va etre un bon a rien.

Back