The Official plans and project 2011 Thread!

We're in Nashville right now, waiting for the car to get the stock cat-back on (it has turn-downs right now, which is a bit obnoxious). Purchase has been made. I will be crossing the border on Friday around 1:00pm, which means I should arrive late at night in Calabogie. You guys will be the first to see it live, apart from my roadtrip buddy Phil of course.

2,500rpm in 4th, 1mm of throttle travel, and in the wet, the 315 Azenis rears instantly light up. Oh, and Active Handling and Traction Control don't seem to be working right now. Restraint will be the name of the game.

Super cool Seb!! Be safe and see you in Calabo....

We're in Nashville right now, waiting for the car to get the stock cat-back on (it has turn-downs right now, which is a bit obnoxious). Purchase has been made. I will be crossing the border on Friday around 1:00pm, which means I should arrive late at night in Calabogie. You guys will be the first to see it live, apart from my roadtrip buddy Phil of course.

2,500rpm in 4th, 1mm of throttle travel, and in the wet, the 315 Azenis rears instantly light up. Oh, and Active Handling and Traction Control don't seem to be working right now. Restraint will be the name of the game.

Now that's power !!!!!
Kinda opposite day for us here in Page AZ with a super economy Prius .

Have a safe and fun trip Seb & Phil :bigup:

Salut groupe, je suis revenu du voyage hier soir.

Seb allait bien quand on a splitté à Burlington, il retournait passer par Buffalo (seul endoit ou il est possible d'envoyer un fax des enregistrements 72h d'avance)

On a tellement connu de péripéties que je pourrais écrire un roman, heureusement, j'ai pris des tonnes de notes et je crois que je vais poster un mur de texte d'ici quelques jours.

Mes impressions sur la machine : c'est large, c'est bruyant, c'est incorfortable pour le conducteur (siège en metal, le passager a un bucket cobra), elle a un volant de tracteur, l'entrée/sortie se fait comme dans les Dukes of Hazzard avec les door bars mais surtout : ça hurle comme un char de Nascar et ça tire comme si Dieu en personne essayait de faire un botté de placement avec la voiture. Ma-La-De !

Seb riait encore comme une gamine la dernière fois que je l'ai vu :p

D'ailleurs, s'il m'en donne la permission, je vais poster un petit vid qui témoigne bien des émotions du premier 65-80mph qu'il a fait :D

Mes impressions sur la machine : c'est large, c'est bruyant, c'est incorfortable pour le conducteur (siège en metal, le passager a un bucket cobra), elle a un volant de tracteur, l'entrée/sortie se fait comme dans les Dukes of Hazzard avec les door bars mais surtout : ça hurle comme un char de Nascar et ça tire comme si Dieu en personne essayait de faire un botté de placement avec la voiture. Ma-La-De !

LMFAO - that's awesome!

My plans are all being dulled down due to lack of funds!!! Hopefully, I'll make it to Mosport!

well I have done all the tuning I can do on my home dyno, [ no video it made me look too much like a redneck ] [ but but but I am a redneck LOL ]

the afr is at 14.4 to 14.7 at idle

afr is 12.5 to 12.7 at 14psi

afr is 10.1 to 10.5 at 18psi and I get spikes to 20psi

I can only tune it now doing a few drag runs on the 1/4 mile, that is were I will do my final tuning.

I really love this thing it sounds mene and the turbo at 15psi of boost plus is so just a wonderful sound.

doing my runs on my home dyno I have put this set up to the test I tell you this all my parts are good.

after my final tuning I should be 280hp at the wheels woot FWHP I hope to run 12.99 to 13.2sec on my first run's on

the 1/4 mile drags that would make me very happy.

there is not much to do, instal a few tieraps on wires under the dash re runs for codes and clean wash it I can call it 98% done.

but since I plan to do track days with this car I will need to replace a few things.

tires, instal a brake booster, I'm just running no power assit brakes and I tell you it will be fine for the drag but I will need to beff it up for track days, instal a FMIC since my water to air intercooler is inside my car and if I need to have a seat for a co pilote/ instuctor well he needs that spot to sit, and maybe tune it down to 15psi of boost,

so I will get to know the car on the drags and see you on lapping night next year. or at the end of this one :p

La voiture est pratiquement terminé...ENFIN!

P1010288-1.jpg

P1010295-1.jpg

P1010289-1.jpg

Looks badass! I approve

I've decided to do an event at Tremblant, Calabogie and one at ASE later in the Season.. Aug and Sept.

La voiture est pratiquement terminé...ENFIN!

GtFour, *tu**tu*

Vraiment sharp ton bolide, on dirait une machine de guerre.

Au plaisir de faire quelques tours avec toi.

Dans mon cas, j'en suis encore à trouver des petites surprises....*td*

EG

well I have done all the tuning I can do on my home dyno, [ no video it made me look too much like a redneck ] [ but but but I am a redneck LOL ]

the afr is at 14.4 to 14.7 at idle

afr is 12.5 to 12.7 at 14psi

afr is 10.1 to 10.5 at 18psi and I get spikes to 20psi

I can only tune it now doing a few drag runs on the 1/4 mile, that is were I will do my final tuning.

I really love this thing it sounds mene and the turbo at 15psi of boost plus is so just a wonderful sound.

doing my runs on my home dyno I have put this set up to the test I tell you this all my parts are good.

after my final tuning I should be 280hp at the wheels woot FWHP I hope to run 12.99 to 13.2sec on my first run's on

the 1/4 mile drags that would make me very happy.

there is not much to do, instal a few tieraps on wires under the dash re runs for codes and clean wash it I can call it 98% done.

but since I plan to do track days with this car I will need to replace a few things.

tires, instal a brake booster, I'm just running no power assit brakes and I tell you it will be fine for the drag but I will need to beff it up for track days, instal a FMIC since my water to air intercooler is inside my car and if I need to have a seat for a co pilote/ instuctor well he needs that spot to sit, and maybe tune it down to 15psi of boost,

so I will get to know the car on the drags and see you on lapping night next year. or at the end of this one :p

That is way to rich at 18-20 psi. You will contaminate your oil with fuel so quickly (and use insane amounts of fuel as well)! Keep it 12:1 in boost and you will be more than fine. Already, 12:1 is on the conservative side and 12.5:1 is borderline, and 12.7 is a little lean for my liking...

My $0.02

Really nice and a handful ,Seb !:bigup:
I want to see it once I return back.

For the official plans and project thread I guess the big item in my case is to learn and improve my driving ...big time.So quality instruction and various tracks is the priority.
After that ....subframes and bushings, before I tear something.

Canyon carving near Malibu Ca. with a Prius is a lotta fun.....good practice with a momentum car.Braking while charging the batteries ...priceless !
May get one of these and track all day :D

Dave S

It's actually pretty docile. It needs front tires and brakes before it's ready for the track though. A big-ass motor is no fun with no brakes and no front-end grip. Other than that, repair the fuel tank jet pump problem, switch the seats (driver's seat SUCKS), install seat rail to allow others to drive the car, replace wheel speed sensor to get ABS back (don't want to risk flat-spotting those expensive tires) and general nut and bolt checking.

It'll all be done by the time I get back from France, and I'll try it out for realz at LCMT June 20th at the BMW Club event, and hopefully June 23rd at Mosport as well.

It's a hell of a car.

I found a name for the red Corvette from Tennesse and it is related to the fake "gas tank": Moonshine smuggler... Hee Ha!!!

Or Daisy Duke.
daisycomparison.jpg

That is way to rich at 18-20 psi. You will contaminate your oil with fuel so quickly (and use insane amounts of fuel as well)! Keep it 12:1 in boost and you will be more than fine. Already, 12:1 is on the conservative side and 12.5:1 is borderline, and 12.7 is a little lean for my liking...

My $0.02

I got to leave it like that since I'm going to run 20 to 22 of psi of boost and that should make my AFR perfect for this set up
This 2.3T should Run at 11.2 to 11.5 to be perfect and with 2psi more I should reach my goal.

Back