3 kids hit by train

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutron::fast

One of them was my brother's friend. r.i.p.

CTV.ca News

MONTREAL — Three young men are dead after they were struck by a VIA Rail train in the Turcot Yards early Sunday morning.

Police say five young people between the ages of 17 and 20 were walking near the railway tracks around 3 a.m. Three of them were hit by the train, which was travelling from Toronto to Montreal and was only about 10 kilometres from the station.

Two of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene, while the third died in hospital. The two survivors are being treated in hospital for shock.

Montreal Police Const. Danny Richer said the victims may have been in the area spraying graffiti before the accident.

"Investigators are still on the scene trying to know what happened," Richer said.

More to come.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101031/mtl_train_101031/20101031/?hub=MontrealHome

I've never NEVER understood how you can be hit by a train. When I was young I lived near a railroad and god, we knew like 3 minutes before the train passed by that it was coming... It's so fuckin loud!

Sad story. But same here I really don't get how u could get hit by a train. It's just so obvious to see it coming. Sounds lights everything. U can't miss it

I've never NEVER understood how you can be hit by a train. When I was young I lived near a railroad and god, we knew like 3 minutes before the train passed by that it was coming... It's so fuckin loud!

I'm thinking the same thing... it's not like a high speed train neither. I'm sure there's more to learn.

Anyway. RIP. 3 young lives that sad.

You need to be on the damn tracks to get hit by a train.... who the hell would walk on the tracks.

man this is terrible..... my buddy told me about this this morning.... the train that hit them was going 120-140 kms... those via trains are pretty fast and apparently they were near or in a tunnel when it happened thats why they couldnt avoid it :S

RIP

drunk/stoned and graffitiing on the walls by the tracks and got hit by a train
surprised it doesn't happen more often

gg.

I used to live near a train track when i was young, i 'almost' got hit by a train.

Let's say that you are walking on the track, in the same direction as the train is travelling, and you forget to look behind you, you will NOT hear the train coming in. You will feel some vibration on the tracks at the last minute, and you will have just about the time to look behind you and get out of the way... mind you i was 12 years old when this happened to me.

Add alcool or drugs in the mix and a tunnel, and you are in for a surprise.

I guess we'll find out more about the accident, who know's they could have been on drugs or something cuz ur right, u'd see and hear the train coming!

But regardless its a sad story, RIP!

apparently, its in some sort of tunnel and with the trucks and cars passing above and with the fact that those trains are super silent, you dont even hear it. also, we wont rule out drugs/alcohol... its halloween and youre 17 years old, come on, you cant hold it against them!

anyways, very sad. im just thinking of the parents and his sister, you wake up thinking its just halloween day, when you find out you just lost your angel. heartbreaking

apparently, its in some sort of tunnel and with the trucks and cars passing above and with the fact that those trains are super silent, you dont even hear it. also, we wont rule out drugs/alcohol... its halloween and youre 17 years old, come on, you cant hold it against them!

anyways, very sad. im just thinking of the parents and his sister, you wake up thinking its just halloween day, when you find out you just lost your angel. heartbreaking

Falafel, that's the reason.

seriously, no, YOU CAN HEAR IT. I am sorry for your brother's loss and friends and family but... this is darwin at its best...

RIP

I worked that train this afternoon, gonna finish it up after dinner, not a pretty sight.

Rough day for the families and engineers, but its like that sometimes I guess, you'd be surprised how many a month we get.

seriously, no, YOU CAN HEAR IT. I am sorry for your brother's loss and friends and family but... this is darwin at its best...

RIP

I feel terrible for the families, but come on.... i also spent some time living besides railroad tracks, unless everything is under 2 feet of snow in the middle of a snowstorm, you hear\feel it coming a mile away. Plus tunnels are made to fit people\equipment besides the tracks, so its not like they couldnt go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back