News: Rumours : Volkswagen to buy stake in Ferrari!

wait for it...

The 458 Italia is a spontaneous combustion machine and VW wants it.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!
*goes into bunker*

I dont think this will ever happen either.

On a side note... Isn't it only in part that VW owns Porsche? I kind of missed that part.

Mubadala Development Company (Mubadala) already own 5% of Ferrari stake. Established and owned by the Abu Dhabi Government, the company’s strategy is built on the management of long-term, capital-intensive investments that deliver strong financial returns and tangible social benefits for the Emirate.

If Ferrari needed more capital, they would turn to Mubadala and the middle east...certainly not to VW and the Germans.

This will never happen, not with Di Montezemelo in place at Ferrari.

Poor Enzo, he must turn in his grave just to hear rumours about this.

Alfa Romeo sold to VW, I can see that happen. But not Ferrari, and not to the fucking Germans.

Enzo did not sell to Ford in the late 60's when Ferrari needed money, I don't see Ferrari being sold to VW.

If Ferrari needs money, I would rather they get it from an private Arab Equity firm from Abu Dhabi then VW.

X1000 !!

Ferrari would never do it... Not like they have problems selling their cars since the F430 came out. Reliability, profits, everything is up

Yeah, you're right. But I saw a sales history one day and there is a huge gap in 99 (355 to 360).

sacrament, y vont encore scrapper une marque de char.

really?

Lamborghini:

Lamborghini's new German parent played a large role in the creation of the Diablo's replacement. The first new Lamborghini in more than a decade, known internally as Project L140, represented the rebirth of Lamborghini.
Under German ownership, Lamborghini found stability that it had not seen in many years.

Bentley
After acquiring the Company, Volkswagen spent £500 million to modernize the Crewe factory and increase production capacity. As of early 2010, there are about 3,500 working at Crewe, compared with about 1,500 in 1998 before being taken over by Volkswagen. It was reported that Volkswagen invested a total of nearly US$2 billion in Bentley and its revival.

Seat
SEAT not only made a profit two years after Volkswagen bought a majority of its stock but also provided a low-cost manufacturing outlet for other VW group models as well as an opportunity to enter the unexploited by that time Spanish market under both SEAT and VW brand names.

Skoda
Backed by Volkswagen Group expertise and investments, the design—both style and engineering—has improved greatly. The 1994 model Felicia was effectively a reskin of the Favorit, but quality improvements helped, and in the Czech Republic the car was good value for money and became popular.
The perception of Škoda in Western Europe has changed completely since the takeover by VW, in stark comparison to the reputation of the cars throughout the 1980s—often described as 'the laughing stock' of the automotive world. As technical development progressed and attractive new models were brought to market, Škoda's image was initially slow to improve.

Everything VW AG touches, turns into gold

*byewhore*

Virer moi ce partie liberal de merde du domaine economique. Je veux que VW s occupe des finances du Québec!

Mais plus sérieusement je préfererais ne pas voir VW et Ferrari comme un compagnie...

Back