Parts Car Vs. a Part , your experiences

Rice.Rockets

It all started yesterday, when my Differential took a dump!

Now I'm wondering, should I buy a new differential, for now I found one for 400$

or buy a parts car?

I found a Crown vic, same year, it's missing the front, radiator,etc, guy said he never ran it cause it had no rad. Car is 500$ . I'll probably take a battery and try running it for a few, but theres a risk that the motor/tranny and diff are fucked. tough, I could probably sell the rest of the parts and get some of my money back.

Anyone had experiences with parts car? made any $$$? more headaches than it's worth?

thanks

si tu as de la place pourquoi pas ? au prix que le gars vend le part car sa vaut la peine !!

si tu as de la place pourquoi pas ? au prix que le gars vend le part car sa vaut la peine !!

I guess so , seule affaire c que le char va rester dehors, alors je vais avoir besoin d'une toile pour recouvrir le char. c'est juste que mes parents aime pas trop ça haha mais qu'est ce que tu veux. par contre si je peu trouver un Diff a moins chère ou si le gars est nego j'irais peut-être plus avec ça

ditto,

I had an 87 s15, got about $1000 worth of parts that fit my sonoma, and it didn't cost me anything once the scrap guys came for the shell. and if something goes bad on my truck, i have free parts, some that are new, it'll be quick to change. Also I can keep the old part and re-build it myself for cheap so I'll be prepared for next time, instead of having to give it to Napa, who will still charge you full price next time.

If you get one, be sure to take out all the parts you want, store them indoors, and sell the shell for $50 or something right away. Having a whole parts car lying around takes up space for no reason, and then you'll have parts going bad from the elements. that is unless you leave it in a garage like I did, and just chip away at it. then It makes a good center piece, shelf, parts organizer, TV stand, hotbox, whatever.

ditto,

I had an 87 s15, got about $1000 worth of parts that fit my sonoma, and it didn't cost me anything once the scrap guys came for the shell. and if something goes bad on my truck, i have free parts, some that are new, it'll be quick to change. Also I can keep the old part and re-build it myself for cheap so I'll be prepared for next time, instead of having to give it to Napa, who will still charge you full price next time.

If you get one, be sure to take out all the parts you want, store them indoors, and sell the shell for $50 or something right away. Having a whole parts car lying around takes up space for no reason, and then you'll have parts going bad from the elements. that is unless you leave it in a garage like I did, and just chip away at it. then It makes a good center piece, shelf, parts organizer, TV stand, hotbox, whatever.

Could be interesting, I don't have a girafe to take out the motor, but I would learn some stuff taking the car apart. I didn't think about that. thanks for the input! I don't live in a trailer park, but I do have a most of the time unoccupied garage and some space on the side of my house, under a car cover it won't be noticable, and it's also a body on frame meaning I can just detach the body from the frame and sell that.

I tore down my s15 with just a ratchet set, 2 big fuckin screwdrivers, three vice grips, and a ball-peen hammer. for the heavy stuff I suggest getting cheap skateboards from walmart, and some 2x4's, and be ready to catch them bitches when they drop.

I tore down my s15 with just a ratchet set, 2 big fuckin screwdrivers, three vice grips, and a ball-peen hammer. for the heavy stuff I suggest getting cheap skateboards from walmart, and some 2x4's, and be ready to catch them bitches when they drop.

Lol, like the skateboard idea.

dans mon cas les parts car on toujours été tres payant en plus d'avoir des pieces pour moi j'en vendais a d'autre souvent le char que je payait 1000-1500$ finis par me rapporté 3000$ mais faut choisir sont modele un gars feras pas du cash avec des pieces de sunfire ,cavalier

dans mon cas les parts car on toujours été tres payant en plus d'avoir des pieces pour moi j'en vendais a d'autre souvent le char que je payait 1000-1500$ finis par me rapporté 3000$ mais faut choisir sont modele un gars feras pas du cash avec des pieces de sunfire ,cavalier
LOL c'est encore drole!:run:

no, dont buy a parts car for a Ford diff.. people in the states sell 8.8's for nothing, you can pick up a whole 8.8 for like 250$ if you dont mind driving a few hours to get it... American parts are mad cheap down there. Everyone overcharges for everything in canada.

Update : The spider gears are all fucked, and the clutches are burnt, tough the rest of the diff is impeccable. My friend has spider gears, and ford sells the clutches for 200$ , so new clutches, spider gears and some good syntetic oil will do. Car should be up and running tonight too!

I'd love having a parts car, but still I prefer having a good as new diff than swaping a diff with maybe 220 000k km's

J'pense j'ai encore mes spyder gear et mes clutch de 8.8.

C'est un 28 ou 31 splines que tu as?

Pour tes clutch, moi j'avais remonté le miens +1. Donc au lieu d'avoir 4 steels et 3 clutch j'avais faite l'inverse + ben des shims.

1 roues dans pelouse, 1 sur l'asphalte et sa traçait ben égale!

En passant, j'avais acheter mon diff use 200$ avec 3.55 de gear. Brakes neuf dessus.. Moi j'avais crochit 1 essieu sur le miens.

J'ai pris l'essieu que j'avais besoin et j'ai revendu le diff avec les essieu croches et les brakes fini pour 250 $ ( déclaré les bris en plus au gars).

Donc magasine!

Aussi tant qu'a etre la vérifie ton Watts Link si yé bon, le 3/4 son fini ( tu entendrais un toc quand tu shake le char de coté)

Back