Who has a Bug out Bag?

So I've added a couple of things to my Bug Out Bag. The thing is HEAVY but the bag does a very good job of distributing the weight comfortably.

Here's everything unpacked.

IMG_5306.jpg

cute

Don't take this personally 250rocket but your level of "retardness" is unbelievable

pants-on-head-retarded-500x400.jpg

He's a retard cause he's asking people if they have a bag of supplies "Just in case" shit hits the fan? Keep living in that superstar bubble buddy, you'll be one of the first to go if ever shit did happen.

Superstar! I'm flattered.

Let me drop some knowledge on all you conspiracy nuts. Let's just say I work in "risk management" .... I will make this as easy as possible.

So, I'm a dude that is worried about dying or suffering a major catastrophe. Unfortunately there are so many hours in a day. What do I chose to focus on? Where should I put my time to mitigate the major risks to me? Well, luckily for us there are statistics out there. What are the odds of dying for an average person ? ...

obviously the odds are 100% but what specifically as a threat do I need to worry about?

odds-of-dying-death-kill-living.gif

So taking into consideration this diagram, we can say that;

-I have a 20% dying of heart disease;
-14% of cancer
-4% of a stroke

Right there, that's a nice chunk of reasons I will die.

On the flip side, I have:

-a 0.00000X change of dying from a flood or earthquake

Civil unrest would be even smaller.

You would be better off worrying about a fireworks accident! Ergo you should purchase a bomb suit. Don't feel bad though you already have the goggles.

So... I have X amount of hours in a day to mitigate my risks by countering the threats that are constantly around me. Assuming you have 1 hour a day to focus on this, what can we surmise?

WORK OUT, EAT RIGHT AND DON'T SMOKE

That will mitigate the majority of your risk - the conspiracy nuts of the world chose to focus on the smallest and most exotic risks.

It's like people who think it's more dangerous to fly.. It's not. Obviously a failure on a plane leads to disastrous and spectacular results that etch your brain more than dying of lung cancer.

If it makes you feel better to have your sack of useless shit and not go to the gym, that's your call.

lmao. fucking owned

and btw 250rocket that looks more like you're going for a camping trip in central park than a survival kit

So I've added a couple of things to my Bug Out Bag. The thing is HEAVY but the bag does a very good job of distributing the weight comfortably.

Here's everything unpacked.

IMG_5306.jpg

Despite what others say, I say nice bag! Useful things in there.

I'll have to make one too!

LOL!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU THROW IN THE TINFOIL JUST TO MAKE ME LAUGH MY ASS OFF?!?!

bahhaahhahahaahahhaahahahhaahah

No not just so you could laugh, but I knew you'd get a kick out of it.

Superstar! I'm flattered.

Let me drop some knowledge on all you conspiracy nuts. Let's just say I work in "risk management" .... I will make this as easy as possible.

So, I'm a dude that is worried about dying or suffering a major catastrophe. Unfortunately there are so many hours in a day. What do I chose to focus on? Where should I put my time to mitigate the major risks to me? Well, luckily for us there are statistics out there. What are the odds of dying for an average person ? ...

obviously the odds are 100% but what specifically as a threat do I need to worry about?

odds-of-dying-death-kill-living.gif

So taking into consideration this diagram, we can say that;

-I have a 20% dying of heart disease;
-14% of cancer
-4% of a stroke

Right there, that's a nice chunk of reasons I will die.

On the flip side, I have:

-a 0.00000X change of dying from a flood or earthquake

Civil unrest would be even smaller.

You would be better off worrying about a fireworks accident! Ergo you should purchase a bomb suit. Don't feel bad though you already have the goggles.

So... I have X amount of hours in a day to mitigate my risks by countering the threats that are constantly around me. Assuming you have 1 hour a day to focus on this, what can we surmise?

WORK OUT, EAT RIGHT AND DON'T SMOKE

That will mitigate the majority of your risk - the conspiracy nuts of the world chose to focus on the smallest and most exotic risks.

It's like people who think it's more dangerous to fly.. It's not. Obviously a failure on a plane leads to disastrous and spectacular results that etch your brain more than dying of lung cancer.

If it makes you feel better to have your sack of useless shit and not go to the gym, that's your call.

Amazing post..

sadly 250rocket will make some excuse up.

I wouldn't call it an excuse more of a response.

See the thing statistics fails to take into account is a change in the environment outside our self centered bubble of belief. To the best of my knowledge we have a pretty set notion of "risk" and then we compensate for personal cases. What if there's a paradigm shift?

The fact is we use a never ending economic growth cycle in a finite and balancing ecosystem eventually it's going to hit it's limit and bust and it looks like it's in the process. Also who the hell expected the floods in Brazil and Australia. Families torn from their home and had only minutes to get out and go.

I really don't care based on some chart some bonehead calculated because he calculated it from a quickly evolving environment. In reality the sum of various risks approaches 1 these days for something socially or climate related to happen. Keep living in the "it won't happen here" mentality I have mainstream statistics to back me up. I can't say for sure with 100% certainty but if something does happen I know I can be out the door in 2 minutes flat and be able to sustain myself for at least 72 hours while those who didn't prepare run around screaming "oh the humanity". Look at Huricaine Katrina and FEMA's response. They didn't give a flying fuck. They rolled in and people were left to fend for themselves.

Self reliance is golden. In those times don't think you can buy your way out. Might get lucky and could but it's not something to bet on because again it's not self reliant.

Secondly don't talk about personal risks due to lifestyle. 2 different ball games. One is almost completely in your hand and the other one is randomly dropped in your lap. But if you wanted to know, i'm in tip top shape, and i take care of my body. I'm to the point where I don't take any medication or pills, I never drink coffee, don't smoke anything and rarely drink alcohol.

From the great words of Peter Sellers: "I take care of my body my body takes care of me".

Also you talk about hours in a day devoted. I do keep tabs on current event but the bag itself, took me 10 hours total to find, buy, prep and package the whole thing. The point of this thread was to see who had but also help those that are interested get a head start so they could do it in 9 or less.

Now it just sits in case of emergency. 10 hours, that in case something happens, puts you that much ahead of the curve. And the beautiful thing is that even if something happens that doesn't require you to leave you have all your items in 1 location.

For people who care

and btw 250rocket that looks more like you're going for a camping trip in central park than a survival kit

What is a survival kit? Essential it's shelter/clothing + food/water + tools, which is what I put together. You'd be surprised what you could do with this stuff if you knew how to use it properly.

Why goggles?

Best multipurpose eye ware. Provide superb protection from dust, water, you name it, have UV filters (double as sunglasses), very crushproof, very compact and light. I was thinking safety glasses but goggles are >15$ and they're versatility is tremendous.

Despite what others say, I say nice bag! Useful things in there.

I'll have to make one too!

Thanks. I'm going to list out what I have and why I have it. It'll be the next post from me in this thread, might take a while.

Don't equivocate..
The stats are stats.. they don't change.. they are your odds of dying in a flood that you wasted hours and $$$ preparing for when your time could have been spent on bettering your health to avoid the painfully obvious chances of dying from health related issues.

Yes because clearly wasting countless hours attempting to become a physical athlete derived from a BMI scale is really going to make you live longer. I've seen people who were HARDCORE athletes, bikes 20 miles a day, ran many marathons in their lives... I saw one of them a man that was late 40's maybe early 50's die of a heart attack out of nowhere. Come and tell me someone who spends 20 hours a week working out is really going to benefit from it when their heart fails due to overuse. If they would've stayed normal average people and smoked and ate "unhealthy" they probably would've lived 30 years longer.

When it's your time, It's your fucking time There's no 2 ways about it.

Russian, Your statistics are half assed and go right out the window when we enter reality. Statistics are fine - On a piece of paper trying to calculate % based off of half assed "statistics" is asinine... You know if someone has terminal cancer and they die of a heart attack because their body finally gives in, they were a statistic of a heart attack and not cancer? Herp and Derp baby.

It's all fun and dandy that you guys don't believe in conspiracy theories, that's great. We don't go around and try to shove it down your throats, We post shit and if you read it you read it, 250Rocket didn't force you to enter this thread and participate, You decided to click on the link and go full retard.

If it's your time when it's your time, as you say, then why do you need a zombie attack bag? When the flood/earthquake/alien invasion/full out vigilante revolution happens, doesn't that make it your time?

The bag itself was expensive 180$ but worth every cent. 75+10L bag it's very well built and most importantly it's comfortable to carry.

Inside

- 8x10 Heavy duty tarp. Make a shelter if outside, the tarp is better than a tent as it is lighter more durable and can be set up in multiple configurations depending on what you need at the time. Also super cheap compared to a tent.
- Camping mat Covers any floor you need to stay on (not required) but improves the ground, i.e. makes it warmer, drier,etc.
- Misquito Net. If you're stuck in the wilderness good luck without one. Better than bug spray. Useable as fish net among other things.
- Change of clothing. {The big white bag}. Sealed to keep it dry, contents should be 3 underware/pairs of socks, 1 undeshirt, 1 t-shirt, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 sweater, long johns, shorts and pants. Key thing here is not fahion nor full wardrobe but it provides the best mix and match for layers for any temperature and situation.
- Water Proof pant and jacket. In the summer pants are not so much needed but jacket should be wearable in high heat/heavy rain. For winter it's job is to keep you dry and cut the wind, the layers of clothing will do the job of warmth.
- Space Blanket Very versitile in hot situations you point shiny side out to keep heat out and shiny side in when cold. Can be worn as a blanket however the better models (only 10$) are heavy duty and can double as a tarp.
- Rope/Cord/Wire Paracord, metal wire and synthetic thin rope. Tie shit down is the main purpose but rope and string is always useful and the metal wire can be used for a snare.
- Whistle Get attention/communicate
- Firework 4$ will get you a 100-200ft high mortar firework to be a cheap man's flare.
- Powerful battery flashlight. To be used in certain situations, the one i got the Inova X5 is water/crush proof.
- Small Med-Kit Bandages, gauss, disinfectants, wipes and gloves. Nothing ER-ish just for small-medium injuries
- Waterproof matches Light fires
- Multi tool At the very least, i supplemented it with a fold-able saw, hatchet and knife. What's a man without tools?
- Compass Nice to have (not needed) as you can use the sun and a watch to navigate.
- Ductape The do/fix everything, see Red-Green
- Zip ties Supplement the Ductape
- Eye Protection I chose goggles as explain above but even sunglasses would do over nothing.
- Water bottle with/and Filter I got the Katadyn Micro water bottle 29$ on liquidation. Basically I can scoop up puddle water and be drinking it in the next second and it removes everything including bacteria and viruses. You could also have a separate pump system and normal bottle.
- Cooking Pot w/ emergency stove Ideally you'd want to use a fire but in case you need to cook/boil and there's no fire potential around an emergency stove with fuel pucks will do the trick.
- Food Up to you. I got 1kg of rice (in the pot) along with 14 vitamins, fruit bars, protein bars and beef jerky. As an added thing i have some pre packaged tea and some bouillon.
- Wind up flashlight doubles as a USB charger Have any electronics, they're as good as dead. With this you can crank the power back into the system. Most handheld devices use USB chargers these days. Most important is my phone with a whole bunch of reading resources.
- Wind up radio with weather band and emergency channels Keep informed.

and

drum roll......

- Tin Foil. You know for making hats Yo'. :bigup: In all seriousness it provide a reflective mirror like surface and it eases cooking in many ways. Worst comes to worst it's also a good isolator for heat in cold conditions.

Last edited:
Don't equivocate..
The stats are stats.. they don't change.. they are your odds of dying in a flood that you wasted hours and $$$ preparing for when your time could have been spent on bettering your health to avoid the painfully obvious chances of dying from health related issues.

Look it's simple I don't care if the odds of lung cancer were 9 in 10 all that means is that there are 9 morons out of 10 people that chain smoke cigarettes. Same thing for heart disease. the stat say 1 in 5... that one person is the fat fuck who goes to McDonalds, eats twinkies and sits on their fat ass. It's not random chance it happens to you, it's all your doing. That's why odds like this are full of shit. I don't worry about these odds, it's daily routine not risk mitigation. It's more the things you can't control like being struck by lightning. Also the fallibility in this regard is death. People could get struck by lightning but not die so they're not include. They could be so messed up that they can't live a normal life but all we know is they're not directly dead from it.

Now let's look at dynamics of change. The odds of getting killed by a volcano are super slim in NA...oh wait Yellowstone and Glacier Peak are acting up, volcanoes are becoming more active around the world these days. Let me just reference stats for volcano deaths from 2010. Ok i'm safe because the stats say so. The fact is we trend based on previous data points. When things are changing more rapidly you need a higher checking rate.

If i were to prep for one thing it'd be stupid but this bag gets you out of a lot. Name all the natural disaster, then name all the potential economic complication, then name all the social complications and you got your go to bag for the solution.

Example hyperinflation. Loaf of bread costs you the price of house. You now extra food you stored in your bag which you bought for a couple dollars before the crisis.

If it's your time when it's your time, as you say, then why do you need a zombie attack bag? When the flood/earthquake/alien invasion/full out vigilante revolution happens, doesn't that make it your time?

Not really, that'd be suicide. If you're not fighting to stay alive then you've essentially killed yourself. If it was your time then you'd have a bag and die anyways.

In a nut shell giving up control and throwing your fate into the wind does not guarantee you'll survive because it not you time.

MontrealM3 your stats are BS & Wrong :dunno:

they used to say 1 in 3 would get cancer or 33% of na pop
but now they say its 2 in 3 or 66% of the na population will get cancer in their lifetimes.

Ima Fucken WHATE BWOY WHO'S FRANCH !

So Aa Nid saume help wyt ma anglysh.

English mother fucker, Do you speak it?

Fuck we're talking about zombie apocalypses now? It's your time when you're gone, Not anytime before. If a zombie apocalypse randomly started tonight, I'll be sure to survive as long as I fucking could, but I'd be the first mother fucker to kill himself as a last resort before I EVER become a zombie. Shit I'd probably be the dude that sacrifices himself in some sort of explosion for everyone else to survive :p

But anyways, enough about zombies. We're just talking about a simple survival kit, nothing about conspiracy theories or any other bullshit, Is there REALLY any harm in being prepared "Just In Case?!"

Back