Who has a Bug out Bag?

who wants to live in a post apocalyptic zombie world anyway?

Trish would have to kill her german shepard like in I am legend

^^ less time making paranoia bags..

more time at gym bigmike_qc

you will die from side effects of your obesity WAY before any flood or zombie apocalypse.. the stats aren't even comparable.. not even 250makethingsupinmyheadrocket can argue that.

going to a gym is too much work, rather spend my time makin music enjoying what I do, life sure as fuck isn't about growing old and miserable, Much rather die young and happy :D

Nice try though!

^^ less time making paranoia bags..

more time at gym bigmike_qc

you will die from side effects of your obesity WAY before any flood or zombie apocalypse.. the stats aren't even comparable.. not even 250makethingsupinmyheadrocket can argue that.

Your right I can't argue that because you used "die", i'll give credit to mike in that he'll probably survive them.

oh and the "make things up in my head" bit, those are called thoughts, you should give them a try sometime.

do you ACTUALLY think that you have more of a chance to die in some natural disaster or aliens or some bs you fantasize about than a health complication?

Quite simply...NO, that would be stupid however with that said I would like to point out that the chances you'll experience a major natural disaster in your life is very high, actually it's already met for most of us with the ice storm. Only 30 people died but wouldn't it have been nice to have some supplies ready.

Heck go back to 1987. Wasn't even born yet but my parents told me there was a huge flood in MTL. So much so that the Decarie south became a river and places like my grandparents house had the refrigerator and stove floating around.

I'm not saying this bag is for the end of the world or that if you don't have it you'll for sure die, that's you guys putting words in my mouth. All I'm getting at is it would be a smart move to invest a little time into having a bag because you'll only regret it after the fact. And you know what, again I can't guaranty you'll ever need the bag, but the motivation comes from the what if.

I have quite the survival kit in my truck for offroading. little bit of food, water, tools, survival equip.

but nothing to last for weeks unless I can hunt/fish

I have quite the survival kit in my truck for offroading. little bit of food, water, tools, survival equip.

but nothing to last for weeks unless I can hunt/fish

Yeah, you should real haul around a hand full of granola bars and beef jerky and a pound of uncooked rice so you can live for 6 months while trapped in a sewer.

I'm sure your bag would have made you the most popular guy in saint-lazare during the ice storm..

really worth the money and time you put into it.. those items would have been UNATTAINABLE during that one week of power outage.

Your missing the point when it happens it it's done. I'm sure a Canadian tire (where I got most supplies) will be up and ruining, full of employees ready to give you supplies.:rolleyes:

I mean take a simple example. Power goes out. Water filter/pumping stations can't supply water. Unless you prepared, enjoy drinking the water from you're toilet tank. Who knows maybe M3's 5k toilet will have a filtered water fountain function.

If I were you I'd also include a sewing kit

I was thinking of of it but if there's a bigger cut I have honey which stops the bleeding and then have the tape "stitches" to hold it closed. We'll see but again it's not to encompass the very extreme just the basics.

surprise, we have to remember that he doesn't live in the city, he doesn't live in a civilized environment.

I bet you people in Japan would love to have a BoB right about now.

Reminder, I suggest you make some kind of 72 hour kit for you and your loved ones, when shit happens you'll be glad you did.

How is a bug out bag going to protect you from fallout you idiot?

Potassium Iodide pills motherfucker, now get the hell out of my thread. If we lived remotely near one I'd get some, because we're not I atleast know procedure to evade fallout.

You being the idiot fail to realize the earthquake + flash tsunami didn't give much time to gather supplies. Having a bag you can grab and go would be beneficial. We don't suffer from tsunami threats but you never know what will cause you to just pick up and go.

3 days, 14 states, 240+ tornadoes.

0418-nat-TORNADOclr-web.gif

Doesn't mean we're going to get a tornado but the planet is acting up these days and call me Mr. Tinfoilhat but all I'm preaching is preparedness. Have a little more food in the house and have some supplies packed up ready to go.

Again just a reminder take from it what you will.

Back