God I hate the City of Montreal!!!!

bigsmokes

the reason why I hate the city of Montreal is because of their shitty towing agency that is responsible for removing cars before snow removal I'll explain my story. Last Friday I towed my car to my mechanic and left him the keys the reason why I towed my car was because the alternator wasn't charging the battery so I leave my car outside on the street and made sure there was no sign that said snow removal between 18-7 or whatever. Monday morning I get a call from the mechanic telling me my has been hit so I rush I go see the damages on my car. Once I get there I instantly noticed my car has been moved up the street and left at an angle. I can see my bumper on the floor and after coming closer I also see that my hood is bent in way that it way pulled up and my headlights are falling down(as you can see from the pics). So I call the city to claim this and they tell me to make a police report and that my insurance will pay for the damages. But I tell them why should I claim this to my insurance which I only have one way because I'm not responsible then they tell me just do a police report. I get to the police station I fill up a the report with the cop and but the dumbass wrote that it was a hit and run when I specifically I told him that the city did this to me and I also showed him the pics but he told me that its more likely that it was a hit and run. Now I have to go back to this station clarify this because I need my car asap but I'm thinking I should sue the city for the damages does anybody know a lawyer that can help me it would be much appreciated

here are the pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got Some good lawyers but there not cheap
Shitty buzz on the Car though i Know the feeling some duche bag backing into my front end this summer... god i hate insurance ppl more though

I don't think you'll be able to get much, considering the fact that you're not able to prove for sure they did the damage; basically there's a lot of time between the actual event (which you can't confirm it was done by them) and the time you've noticed the damage.

On your report, it does say hit and run, which it is.

And please use this next time

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

So you left your car and keys at the garage and they called you couple days later, right?
How can you be sure it's not the garage fault...Lauzon joy ride anyone?
IMO there is so much people involved that it's going to be hard proving its the city's fault.
Edit: skipped some part.

Last edited:
Sucks that this happened to you. I don't think the SPVM likes the city of montreal so much that they would protect them, judging by the way they talk about the city workers on their radios. I think you just fell on a dumbass. Good Luck!

so you left your car and keys at the garage and they called you next morning, right?
How can you be sure it's not the garage fault...lauzon joy ride anyone? Or did they call you before the opening?
Imo there is so much people involved that it's going to be hard proving its the city's fault.
omg

UrFuct seriously i hear you but if it was the city did you get a ticket cuz they charge you to move the car? there is supposed to be a city worker to check all damages before they touch it and they write it on a paper after everything that they tow in a day goes to the police station. so in reality no ticket the city is not to blame good luck

Without proof you have nothing. I have a friend selling the cleanest B5 you have ever seen if you are interested.

tien si sa peu te faire sourir pour aider a digérer tout sa ...

montreallol.jpg

^^excellent! +rep

On the other hand, I don't understand why you would not want it to be considered a hit & run. A hit&run is the best type of accident that can happen to you inssurance and claim wise IMO. The SAAQ will pay for the damage. The city's towing report showing that the car had no damage prior to the accident is another proof that it was a hit&run.

And anyway... how could towing a car do this kind of damage to it anyway?

Call SAAQ.

Back