God I hate the City of Montreal!!!!

^^excellent! +rep

On the other hand, I don't understand why you would not want it to be considered a hit & run. A hit&run is the best type of accident that can happen to you inssurance and claim wise IMO. The SAAQ will pay for the damage. The city's towing report showing that the car had no damage prior to the accident is another proof that it was a hit&run.

And anyway... how could towing a car do this kind of damage to it anyway?

Call SAAQ.

if your using a wheel lift which most do cuz its faster what happens is the lift will push up the bumper depening on the cars front end length. Also when its wet the wheels pop out from the lift and slams down. Ive done towing for many years but i used a flat bed

Worst thing is your car was hit and you where not even there. Then you make an insurance claim and the insurance costs increases. Fuuuuuuuuu

jai toujour detester montreal une chance que je reste pas la et meme quand jyvais desfois magasiner avec ma blonde jai hate de decrisser de la sa pue trop lol

sorry to hear that man

BUT

I don't get something

you don't have money to pay for full coverage but you feel like paying a lawyer ?

sorry to hear that man

BUT

I don't get something

you don't have money to pay for full coverage but you feel like paying a lawyer ?

Step 1: Get a police report
Step 2: call SAAQ
Step 3: profit

Damage to property

Damage to property is covered by your liability insurance, if any. However, following a hit-and-run accident, the SAAQ may pay compensation if the victim’s liability insurance does not cover the type of damage caused.

Important

If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, you must report it to the police within 48 hours and cannot have your vehicle repaired before the SAAQ has assessed the damage. You must file an application for compensation with the SAAQ within 60 days of the accident.

The SAAQ Clicking on this icon will take you to another website. can be contacted at:

Phone: 418 643-7620 (Québec)
514 873-7620 (Montréal)
1 800 361-7620 (other areas, toll-free)
E-mail: courrier@saaq.gouv .qc.ca

sorry to hear that man

BUT

I don't get something

Yes i am willing to pay a lawyer because i don't see why i should pay damage that didn't do

tien si sa peu te faire sourir pour aider a digérer tout sa ...

montreallol.jpg

Ahahahh you made my day +repped

yes SAAQ does take care of hit and runs they send an investigator and usually pay like 80% of the damages an old lady hit and run one of my friends (I KNOW LOL) and he ended up getting money from the SAAQ

je crois plus que c'est le garage qui a smasher ton char pis sa devrait etre les assurances du garage qui couvre sa , mais toi tu la laissé dans rue... si tu l'aurais laissé dans son parking sa aurait ete autre chose

je crois plus que c'est le garage qui a smasher ton char pis sa devrait etre les assurances du garage qui couvre sa , mais toi tu la laissé dans rue... si tu l'aurais laissé dans son parking sa aurait ete autre chose

Mais le problem c'est qu'il a pas de parking sinon je aurai pas laisse mon char dans la rue c'est sure

I don't think you'll be able to get much, considering the fact that you're not able to prove for sure they did the damage; basically there's a lot of time between the actual event (which you can't confirm it was done by them) and the time you've noticed the damage.

On your report, it does say hit and run, which it is.

And please use this next time

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

check cameras around the surrounding building you might get something out of those.

thanks I will do so:bigup:

You have 15 days to file a Notice of Claim to the city or else your claim will be void ! Just fax it and then contact your insurance and explain them the situation, your insurance company will work on your behalf to push the city to be responsible.

Fill out the forms and follow the instructions here:
http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_dad=portal&_pageid=4899,19093559&_schema=PORTAL

You have two options:
1. Fix your car on your insurance and pay the deductible and then wait for the deductible to be reimbursed if they win over the city's claim.

2. Have your insurance garage do an estimate on the repairs and wait until the city admits they are responsible, can take from anywhere from 3-6 months.

I had to use the two options this summer since the city damaged two of my cars and both methods worked out beautifully, but I made a bundle of cash with the second method if you are patient !

t'apelle la saaq tu déclare un délit de fuite. que tu est victime qu'on a smasher ton véhicule sur le bord de la chaussé et que aucun coupable ne c'est présenter pour déclarer cette incident. ils vont t'envoyer un évaluateur pour checker les dommage et les cout que sa va couter.

si ton véhicule ne vau pas la peine il vont le scrapper et te payer la somme quil est lister en valeur.

si il vau la peine et que sa coute pas + que la valeur il vont te demander de choisir un garagiste pour le reparer ou eu peuvent surment ten fournir un...

moi sa mes arriver et jai sortie de cette cause gagnant j'ai eu une paint neuve a grandeur sur ma civic.

You have 15 days to file a Notice of Claim to the city or else your claim will be void ! Just fax it and then contact your insurance and explain them the situation, your insurance company will work on your behalf to push the city to be responsible.

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_dad=portal&_pageid=4899,19093559&_schema=PORTAL

You have two options:
1. Fix your car on your insurance and pay the deductible and then wait for the deductible to be reimbursed if they win over the city's claim.

2. Have your insurance garage do an estimate on the repairs and wait until the city admits they are responsible, can take from anywhere from 3-6 months.

I had to use the two options this summer since the city damaged two of my cars and both methods worked out beautifully, but I made a bundle of cash with the second method if you are patient !

Thanks for the info but already filled up the form:bigup:

You have two options:

That would never work in China. It would probably cost you an arm or a leg and your 10$ monthly salary. :p

Back