News: Ford Falcon Won’t See U.S. Shores, But its Supercharged 5.0L V8 Might

2NDGENTEG

Legacy Member
FPV-Falcon-GT1.jpg

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...hores-but-its-supercharged-5-0l-v8-might.html

Contrary to a rather exciting recent report that’s been circulating, Ford won’t be bringing the Falcon to U.S. shores, meaning we won’t get to appreciate some Ford of Australia engineered RWD V8 sedan goodness unless we book a day long flight to down under. Original plans to bring the Falcon to the U.S. (requiring Ford of Australia to engineer a new left-hand drive version of the car) were reportedly canned in 2008 and have not been revived.

It’s not all bad news, however, with Ford still likely to bring the Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) Falcon GT’s supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine to America. Execs at the Blue Oval’s Aussie division have confirmed their desire to export this new engine, which in the top-level Falcon makes 449-hp and 420 ft-lbs of torque.

As for what it would be used for, both the Mustang and Ford Raptor are obvious choices.

is it just me or does 449hp and 420trq seem a little low out of a supercharged 5.0 2010 efficiant engine

Sérieusement, il me fait bcp penser au ford Mondeo, une voiture qui doit absolument toucher le sol nord américain, les courbes sont aussi belles que n'importe qu'elle Audi ou BMW

ford-mondeo.jpg

FordMondeoCoup.jpg

ford-mondeo.jpg

The supercharged V8 will generate 37 horsepower more than the current V8 found in the Mustang GT. Now this is something not interesting.

wtf is wrong with ford. Europe and asia has all the best and coolest fords but in NORTH AMERICA, all we get is stupid MUSCLE CARS

wtf is wrong with ford. Europe and asia has all the best and coolest fords but in NORTH AMERICA, all we get is stupid MUSCLE CARS

I don't think it would work that well over here. the cost of bringing this here would not make it worth it. For the regular sedan version, we already have the fusion in the midsize 4 door car, as for the performance aspect Ford has the Mustang which takes care of it.

I'd love to see the falcon here though. RWD unibody with the options of an inline6, inline 6 turbo or a V8.

Le Falcon est vraiment beau,cest de valeur qui veulent pas l'importer ici,mais bon cest beau rever!! :)

Je vois pas le point damener un autre v8 5.0 ici alors que le notre est encore tout chaud tout frais. Sourtout pour le gain de puissance assez modeste. Peu etre pour les modeles mach1/bullet et f150?

Back