Getting started at running...

@cUr@-TL

Legacy Member
Hey guys,

I've never been a runner. I pretty much hate it.

However, I really need to develop my cardio/running, so I thought I would post here hoping to get some tips.

What do you think is the best way to get serious about running without getting sick of it right at the start? What's the best way to improve running endurance?

I'll take any good advice!

Thank you!

get a good fitted for you pair of shoes

run alot, read a bit about it, challenge urself, time urself with preset distance that you will scale over time

Learn to do a bit of anything (hiit or long distance or 5k)

Rinse and repeat the rest is only just commitment

^^ Commitment is gonna be the hardest part... It's hard to commit to something you hate with a passion, lol.

Thank you.

How are your knees, back, ankles?

It DOES wear your joints prematuraly... if you want to get in shape i suggest swimming, as long as you got technique, or go get it, or eliptic.

First is to get very good shoes. Im an Aasics fan

I got a good pair of shoes already. :)

Knees, back and ankles are strong, ready to go!

I go swimming once in a while already, but what I really need to work on is running...

Commences par marcher 10 minutes pour te réchauffer. Ensuite court jusqu'à temps que tu ne sois plus capable et reprend la marche. Tranquillement pas vite tu vas pouvoir courir plus longtemps. Mais je commence toujours par de la marche. L'hiver c'est bien quand il n'y a pas de neige. Je court dans la rue et non sur le trottoir. L'été tu es mieux de courir le matin car après c'est trop chaud et c'est plus difficile. Tu vas vouloir avoir une ceinture avec des petite bouteilles d'eau. De la musique ça aide énormément aussi. Tu peux courir sur un tapis roulant mais c'est pas pareil, c'est plus facile. Ne court jamais 2 jours de suite.

Je pensais commencer par courir 2 jours par semaine et monter à 3 un peu plus tard, en y allant graduellement pour ce qui est des distances et de varier la vitesse durant le parcours...

Si je pouvais rentrer 10km en 50 minutes (moyenne de 12 km/h), je serais heureux.

10 en 50 cest pas difficile du tout tu vas y arriver!! C'est un pace de 5min/km.

Bonne chance

good tread moi aussi sa me tente de mit mettre deteste courir

j avais commencer l annee passer mes arreter apresw 2 mois

resolution de debut d annee

Hey guys,

I've never been a runner. I pretty much hate it.

However, I really need to develop my cardio/running, so I thought I would post here hoping to get some tips.

What do you think is the best way to get serious about running without getting sick of it right at the start? What's the best way to improve running endurance?

I'll take any good advice!

Thank you!

no real trick other than trying to get over the fact you hate it, if you can find a way to turn it into a game or have music that makes the time go by quicker it really helps. the rest of it(muscle soreness and the feeling you'll get at the beginning when you feel out of oxygen) goes away you just have to try to pay attention to your body and not push too hard too quickly. personally i find for running endurance sprint intervals during my 5 and 10k runs help alot and hill sprints as well but you'll need to get your base cardio up. just make sure you warm up/stretch before and cool down afterwards with some stretching also it will help alot with muscle pain.

don't forget no matter how good your shoes are they don't last much longer than roughly 200-300kms if your running on pavement

Si tu hais autant la course...as-tu penser au vélo ? Pourrait être une 2ième alternative que tu vas peut-être moins hair. :dunno:

J'ai commencer hier, j'ai pas calculer la distance mais j'ai fait a peu pret 20minutes a un pace resonnable...

Si tu hais autant la course...as-tu penser au vélo ? Pourrait être une 2ième alternative que tu vas peut-être moins hair. :dunno:

Vrai mais ça ne va pas chercher les mêmes capacités et tu dois faire beaucoup plus de vélo pour bruler mes même calories. Ce que je dois parcourir en vélo me prend 3 fois plus de temps pour bruler les mêmes calorie en courant.

Vrai mais ça ne va pas chercher les mêmes capacités et tu dois faire beaucoup plus de vélo pour bruler mes même calories. Ce que je dois parcourir en vélo me prend 3 fois plus de temps pour bruler les mêmes calorie en courant.

you calculated how?chest strap with heart rate?

i did once 2200 calories burnt on a 2 1/2 hour bike ride(75km) last summer according to chest strap with heart rate, how true that is not too sure

Back