canada post lost parcel

tsx

so short story, canada post pass by, left the notice saying that a package has arrived,
so the next day i showed up at the post office and give them the notice, they tell me to wait, and go look for it in the back since in their system, its in.
after 10 minutes they come back with nothing and ask me to leave my number and they'll call me back since they cant find it.

its been 4 days now, no news, nothing. obviously parcel is lost, who to blame?
is canada post responsible to reimburse me?
anyone with similar experience?

The sender has to file a claim with canada post for whatever the declared value was. It takes a while but they'll do it. Ask the sender for a refund.

If the shipper offered insurance and you didn't take it, I think you're screwed.

If the transaction was done through paypal, contact the seller and tell them you're going to do a chargeback if the package isn't found in 7 days (for example) so they get involved in the investigation too.

They once lost a package I shipped and it was a huge headache.

I'm having a very similar problem! I got a notice last wednesday to pickup my package on thursday after 1pm .. I go on thursday its not there, I go on friday it's not there .. they tell me come back on tuesday since there are a lot of people on vacation so the package could of been delayed. I show up on tuesday and no package. The tracking system at the post office always says "In Transit" . They looked all over and can't find it. They gave me a phone number to call and I will do so today. I also tried calling their 1-800 number yesterday and it was soo busy that they weren't taking new calls.

This is my first problem ever with Canada Post.

Back