The Coffee Thread

Best coffee /expresso for cheap

just a small tip; if you want try adding a pinch of salt to the beans before brewing... it removes the strong bitterness of the coffee and youre able to taste the coffee much more

it has different effects on each coffee bean so try it with yours; it may be good or not; i do it with van houtte coffee and it tastes btr imo

Bumping a 7y old thread lets goooo!

Current setup;

5b1cdb22c04fc175d1e704259a0c4a62.jpg

Breville pro grind
Ascaso Dream Pid
VST competition 18g ridged

Fooling around with William’s espresso and creama blends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beau setup, j'adore le grinder breville, tellement facile et pratique de peser sur 1 bouton et d'avoir la bonne quantité de grinder à chaque fois.

Beau setup, j'adore le grinder breville, tellement facile et pratique de peser sur 1 bouton et d'avoir la bonne quantité de grinder à chaque fois.

Pas super precis honnetement j’utilise pas le timer ma dose change bcp depends de ce que tu as deja dans la chute + comment les grain feed

So what’s best, Starbucks or McDonald’s coffee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comme j'ai déjà mentionné plus tôt, vaut mieux investir 500$ dans un bon grinder que 1000$ dans une bonne cafetière.

J'ai le Breville smart grinder pro aussi et je regrette de ne pas avoir dépenser un 150$ de plus pour tomber dans une gamme commerciale.

Je vais le changer éventuellement si quelqu'un est intéressé ici !

Très pratique pour le monde qui veule pas se casser le bécik en effet.

So what’s best, Starbucks or McDonald’s coffee?

Starbucks coffee is alright as long as you don’t take pike place... that coffee tastes like burnt beans all day...

McDs is good coffee. Very consistent. Anyone noticed how Tim hortons coffee became shit once McDs started being more aggressive with McCafe?

Starbucks coffee is alright as long as you don’t take pike place... that coffee tastes like burnt beans all day...

McDs is good coffee. Very consistent. Anyone noticed how Tim hortons coffee became shit once McDs started being more aggressive with McCafe?

I've preferred McD's to Tim's since around the time that the McCafe thing started around 2002/3.

But as far as Tim's becoming shit is concerned, I was talking about this with a customer and he told me that Tim Horton's slipped and let their patent expire on their proprietary coffee bean/source/roasting method or whatever. Supposedly McDonald's obtained the rights immediately and left Tim's scrambling for a new blend, meaning McDonald's is now serving Tim's old blend. Not sure if it's true but it would make sense. Especially with Tim's dropping down well below the top 10 in Canada's favourite coffee surveys and McD's taking 1st (I think).

If that's not true then it's just Tim's going down the shitter since they were bought by Burger King.

I've preferred McD's to Tim's since around the time that the McCafe thing started around 2002/3.

But as far as Tim's becoming shit is concerned, I was talking about this with a customer and he told me that Tim Horton's slipped and let their patent expire on their proprietary coffee bean/source/roasting method or whatever. Supposedly McDonald's obtained the rights immediately and left Tim's scrambling for a new blend, meaning McDonald's is now serving Tim's old blend. Not sure if it's true but it would make sense. Especially with Tim's dropping down well below the top 10 in Canada's favourite coffee surveys and McD's taking 1st (I think).

If that's not true then it's just Tim's going down the shitter since they were bought by Burger King.

Pas mal sure que Mcdo on pas le même caffé que Tim. Par contre serait pas suprenant qu'il ai acheté le pattend whatever de Tim pour pas qu'il ai access. Ce qui serait drole en maudit pareil.
Il on peut-être modifier le tout mais avec la même source

That's pure bs

Voici mon setup de feu
61q-mNkZHqL._SX425_.jpg
+
715XBUym0L._SL1469_.jpg
+
Filtre à café en tissus réutilisable.

Pour de vrai le café que ça fait est de loin supérieur à ce que tu peux trouver en magasin. Ça ma prix à peu près 1 mois pi mon dosage/mélange de café était parfait. C'est sur que c'est un peu plus long à faire mais ça vaut la peine

Attachments

• Red-Pour-Over-Cone-64070_CF_OutOfBox_8f679737-72c6-43b0-a3de-c38e72107028_1024x1024.jpg
    Red-Pour-Over-Cone-64070_CF_OutOfBox_8f679737-72c6-43b0-a3de-c38e72107028_1024x1024.jpg
    712 bytes · Views: 79
That's pure bs

So what happened? I've never actually looked into it until 36 seconds ago.

"I used to buy it all the time and enjoyed the taste a lot, then I started buying Starbucks for a while and using own K-cups. Recently, I was walking by and decided to get a cup of Timmy's coffee that I used to love and, wow, I was shocked just how watered down it is, it was like water almost. I also tried McDonald's coffee when it was first released and it was not great, I felt inferior to Timmy's but I tried a cup recently and I was shocked, it was a great tasting coffee for cheaper price and every 7th cup free.

Anyone else has noticed it? Is it 3G fiddling with its quality or they changed the supplier?"

"It's because Timmy's gave up the coffee they used to sell and McDonald's bought it out. Now Timmy's sells a different brand that isn't as good all in the name of saving themselves a few bucks."

"You're mostly right.

What happened was Timmys had a blend made for them WAY back in the day, when Timmys coffee was good, and once Timmys became huge and was bought out, they left the old formulation and made their own, cheaper, crappier blend.

Around this time McDonalds Canada was introducting the new "bistro" McDonalds, thats when they started bringing in TVs and big leather couches, they wanted people to loiter in McDonalds longer and spend more money, thats also when they decided to get real coffee, so they contacted the same supplier that made Timmys old blend and said "hook a brother up", but the Timmys blend will always be a secret recipe for Timmys so the supplier tweaked the Timmys blend and made a McDonalds blend.

Fast forward a number of years and Canadians are still slow to realize that McDonalds is selling the good, old time Timmys coffee and Timmys is selling dishwater and telling you its your Canadian duty to buy from them.

McDonalds as a corporation can burn in hell for all I care but their coffee is really good."

https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/4jm0y4/mcdonalds_verus_tim_hortons_coffee_what_happened/

Pas super precis honnetement j’utilise pas le timer ma dose change bcp depends de ce que tu as deja dans la chute + comment les grain feed

Ça varie pas de tant que ça selon mes tests... entk pas asser pour prendre le temps de peser la dose à chaque fois... mais bon, faut dire que je suis pas siiii picky que ça

Tested which iced coffee drives me hard.

Tim’s is straight sugar

McDonalds isn’t as bad and I can feel the caffeine

Starbucks iced Americano with milk and 2 brown sugars = holy heart palpitations

Also timmies dark roast actually tastes like coffee while their regular roast tastes like shit imo

McDonald’s I can drink no problem but Starbucks I have to be in the mood.

I heard that too. Never knew if it was an urban legend.

Tested which iced coffee drives me hard.

Tim’s is straight sugar

McDonalds isn’t as bad and I can feel the caffeine

Starbucks iced Americano with milk and 2 brown sugars = holy heart palpitations

Also timmies dark roast actually tastes like coffee while their regular roast tastes like shit imo

McDonald’s I can drink no problem but Starbucks I have to be in the mood.

Tim's came out with the dark roast a couple years ago, which was still shit, zero coffee taste then about a year later they came out with the "New Dark Roast" which is indeed better.

Back