Bagged Mazda6

Lol it is. These cars aren't made to be modified, trust me, I know.

Tell that to Tripoint... *blah*

They have had amazing sucess with the 6 in SCCA WC TC, running head-to-head against the factory-Honda *cough* Realtime Racing TSX that was having 5X more budget then them...:

08-tripoint-no1.JPG

It's not because a car is harder to tune than let's say, a Civic, that it have less potential.

Tell that to Tripoint... *blah*

They have had amazing sucess with the 6 in SCCA WC TC, running head-to-head against the factory-Honda *cough* Realtime Racing TSX that was having 5X more budget then them...:

08-tripoint-no1.JPG

It's not because a car is harder to tune than let's say, a Civic, that it have less potential.

Thats true, theres other teams as well but aftermarket support has diminished in the past 2 years. Nobody wants to tune a 6

Thats true, theres other teams as well but aftermarket support has diminished in the past 2 years. Nobody wants to tune a 6

KW still make coilovers. Suspension Techniques still make coilovers. Protege Garage still sells forged engines parts, cooling parts, suspension parts, drivetrain parts, big brakes, blablabla.... Far from dead the 6 is! ;)

Lol it is. These cars aren't made to be modified, trust me, I know.

True, there are no easy bolt-ons. BUT, there are some VERY intersting modified 6's.
My two favourite mods for the V6 are the twin turbo'd "Punisher" from theGreatNY, as well as the newly available supercharger kit. Two members of mazda6forums have bought it and are quite happy about it.
PIC_0890.jpg

It looks clean... but, there's something about the 6 on bags that doesn't sit well with me. Performance = garbage. Swap the air for coilovers, raise it a bit obviously, delete the poke and I'll take it.

I'm looking at making my next car a speed6 but i've been reading enough negative comments about the 6 (speed or not) that i'm starting to reconsider. My last 6 cars were Hondas, so i'm nervous about going from easy to modify to something like a 6... i like the AWD part of the car but it's supposedly not reliable. I also hate the fact that there's motorcraft on the cars...

Looks sick, I so miss my 6 :(

The owner is on mazda6forums ?
If so, pm him for me and tell him to join airsociety LOL

He's on Mazda6club and on 6crew forums. Somewhere in Texas or something like that, IIRC.

In any case, I guess it was meant to come to this car too, but not my style. And ditto to what Toze said, the 6 is a PITA to work on with anything but the simplest of bolt-on modifications, but not impossible. There is plenty of aftermarket support for the first gen 6 cars, but obviously with it being a family sedan, not as much as enthusiasts would like.

Still, it is a beautiful chasis that handles like a dream, and like any car out there, when it comes to big power mods, you gotta pay to play.

Back