Qu'avez-vous fait sur votre BMW aujourd'hui

Really nice. What catch-can did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a 42DraftDesign, popular brand in the VW world.

I will be doing a batch of brackets to fit the overflow tank and catch can into the drug bin on E46 M3 facelift model

It's a 42DraftDesign, popular brand in the VW world.

I will be doing a batch of brackets to fit the overflow tank and catch can into the drug bin on E46 M3 facelift model

Sweet. After I fix the alternator a catch can will be next.

I see you blacked out your oil filter cap? How many HP? I like it.

You going to the ICAR lapping day coming up?

Sweet. After I fix the alternator a catch can will be next.

I see you blacked out your oil filter cap? How many HP? I like it.

You going to the ICAR lapping day coming up?

Yes the oil filter cap is painted with wrinkle black paint to give the same look as the OEM beauty cover and OEM intake manifold.

No lapping days schedule for now, I still need to install a bunch of stuff on the car: 4.10 diff, CSF radiator and oil cooler, Mishimoto fan and controller, JBR aluminum flywheel and ClutchMaster FX400 clutch/pressure plate, Bimmerworld oil diverter valve, BMW Motorsport 55 degrees thermostat, Walbro fuel pump, Lang Racing CF roof, CSL rail and MAP sensor conversion, ...

I also have to do some roll bar kit and a full roll cage for the Imola red E46 M3 I just bought!

La imola c'est un 2e track car!? C'est une belle couleur imola en tout cas!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

start to work on my m5

17991180_1492291960812085_1024832135238422932_n.jpg

18010588_1492293810811900_6267603911537017884_n.jpg

Dropped the car at Gregster's for a few things, had the opportunity to meet Passatdub and 73Vette at the same time.

MR meet at Gregster's

419d07feaaf620bddc57dd50010ed2f0.jpg

What's wrong?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Still figure out what old owner did . Intake valves bent, 1 even broke and destroyed everything ; piston and block . So bye bye s85 block . I m gonna get another block and i gonna do full rebuild . Sucks part is i m not gonna be ready for this season .

^^

God damn lol you like trouble don't you :bigup:

Well , yess and no lol . How i can explain more honest :) . 1st i m not type of person who gonna spend 20k on car like this . I talking to take 20k and straigh give to someone . 2nd : i dont have a 20k for a car , each choose they preorities . 3rd: i love to try new cars and same time i like to work on cars . This car i got for very cheap and i knew that there was problem with engine . Some ppl gonna say : well you get cheap car cuz engine cost 12k . My answer: everything cost alot if you dunno how to look and were to look .:) So my point is build something great without pay crazy money . I did this with my 540i e39 and i stopped cuz body had way to much rust . This time i have a m5 from california with no winter . For me its most important :) . Cuz yes some ppl gonna spend 20k on m5 , 40k km later they got rod bearing fail or vanos fail or oil pump fail or smg pump fail or valve spring broke ( did i forget someting what can happen with this car lol?) So at the end its still gonna cost you close to 8-10k . In my situation, with new engine, new rod bearings and alot of extra parts i m still gonna be far to total 20k. .. i live a bit diffirent life and 3njoy while young and while i have a chance . :)

Hats off if you pull this off while staying below 20k$, not sure what kind of russian tricks you hide but im not gonna ask :bigup:

Is it me or your total tire diameter are not the same front & rear? Rear look like they have more sidewall than front, like you have 35 sidewall all around. Or maybe it's a F80 thing, I don't know this platform at all.:dunno:

Original tire size is 255-35-19 / 275-35-19 on 9 / 10 wide wheels. I went for 255-35-19 / 285-35-19 on 9.5 / 10.5 wheels.

096b07eab4875dfa6993575dbb59f89d.jpg

The odd look is due, in my opinion, to the front wheel gap. Considering a H&R Sport gives a 1.3"/0.8" front/rear drop, it's also a good indication of the "wrong" OEM rake.

It might also look worse due to the shock that was just uncompressed from the car that was just lifted. I'll snap better pictures once the nice weather comes back, which means August 2019...

Back