Qu'avez-vous fait sur votre BMW aujourd'hui

mmm, je pense que j'ai sauté mon N52, et ca me rend presque heureux pour swap un N54 , TT upgrade, dans un E91 6mt /w navi et sport pack.

Mais pour vrai, j'ai fait mon seal de couvert ( jen ai fait des 10aines de seal de couver, premieres fois j'ai du trouble) , je roule 25km, toute va bien, et à la lumiere rouge le moteur cale. Repart = diesel. missfire .
J'ai réussis a me rendre à la maison avec le pied sur le gaz afin d'éviter le idle

Oui j'ai collé le seal au couvert pour pas le pitch en le replacant.

mon guess :

- seal shift = air leak
- crack = air leak
- cam sensor
- o2 sensor
- drop something in the engine ( doubt , I have magnet bucket, and I found all my bolts after re-install)

52080323694_a6ddf57f64_c_d.jpg

mmm, je pense que j'ai sauté mon N52, et ca me rend presque heureux pour swap un N54 , TT upgrade, dans un E91 6mt /w navi et sport pack.

Mais pour vrai, j'ai fait mon seal de couvert ( jen ai fait des 10aines de seal de couver, premieres fois j'ai du trouble) , je roule 25km, toute va bien, et à la lumiere rouge le moteur cale. Repart = diesel. missfire .
J'ai réussis a me rendre à la maison avec le pied sur le gaz afin d'éviter le idle

Oui j'ai collé le seal au couvert pour pas le pitch en le replacant.

mon guess :

- seal shift = air leak
- crack = air leak
- cam sensor
- o2 sensor
- drop something in the engine ( doubt , I have magnet bucket, and I found all my bolts after re-install)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52080323694_a6ddf57f64_c_d.jpg

Tu as peut-être mal inséré tes coils pendant tu as fait ta job de couvert de valve.

Check the vac line at the back of the engine…

Coils aren’t installed or you left the grounds loose on the middle studs. Did you inspect the vanos hubs for missing bolts if you don’t have the upgraded hubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tu as peut-être mal inséré tes coils pendant tu as fait ta job de couvert de valve.

c'est ce que j'ai pensé pcq les coil 4-5-6 n'ont pas cliqué, et les 1-2-3 oui, mais ils sont tous bien au fonds.

Check the vac line at the back of the engine…

Coils aren’t installed or you left the grounds loose on the middle studs. Did you inspect the vanos hubs for missing bolts if you don’t have the upgraded hubs?

forgot to mention it, but yeah this is an assumption too, since when I moved the plastic hose I heard a crack.

Ill recheck everything without removing the cover again.

I had hard time tho, worst than the n55.

Last edited:
removed all the cover again, everything was in good shape.

youtube proposed me a video about a rough idle on a n52, and the engine on the video sounds exacltly like mine

PCV valve it must be !

Make sens tho, Ive washed the cover before putting it back, water might damaged the 260 000km already fragile membrane.

greg got the finger on it not that far

This is why we don’t bother just doing the gasket anymore. Too many issues with old ass covers. It gets replaced or we don’t do the job.

Grand nettoyage du printemps.. decontamination, polissage et nano.. je suis loin d’etre un pro mais ca parait pas trop mal pour une voiture de 8 ans!!

8f246fd32129957fbe24fece466f03c4.jpg

Wait a minute, this isnt the VW thread. :laugh:

Got myself my first Beemer. Got some new Enkeis for it from Trupower.
Its going back to momentum in 2 weeks for paint correction and ceramic coating.

281306916_587429382546392_1565638919901002183_n.jpg

283471582_700250967857753_7356466886794965909_n.jpg

Nice upgrade!

Yea I got tired of getting left in the dust during Poutine n Ride :p

Question for you guys, so the car with the electronic adaptive suspension. Momentum thinks itll be due to replace in a couple years. Would you guys keep the electronic suspension or swap for coilovers? specifically KWs

Yea I got tired of getting left in the dust during Poutine n Ride

Question for you guys, so the car with the electronic adaptive suspension. Momentum thinks itll be due to replace in a couple years. Would you guys keep the electronic suspension or swap for coilovers? specifically KWs
Well depends on your budget and your objective.

Stock electronic dampers are quite expensive.

If you can live with a harsher ride, KW V1 will be much cheaper and give you height adjustment

Yea I got tired of getting left in the dust during Poutine n Ride :p

I am near 100k km on my stock electronic dampers. one started a small knock at the back, when I'll replace, I'll buy 4 Bilstein damptronic B4, cheaper than BMW OEM.. https://bilsteincanada.com/?year_id...ronic&post_type=product&action=vpf-ymm-search

I am near 100k km on my stock electronic dampers. one started a small knock at the back, when I'll replace, I'll buy 4 Bilstein damptronic B4, cheaper than BMW OEM.. https://bilsteincanada.com/?year_id...ronic&post_type=product&action=vpf-ymm-search

Nice! Yea I always leave the suspension in sport mode and I never drive to the island. I was thinking of KW V2 or V3 but the guys at momentum also told me about the bilsteins also.I'm looking for superior handling than OEM and similar/ slightly harsher ride.

Does anyone know the actual cost of the OEM shocks?

Nice! Yea I always leave the suspension in sport mode and I never drive to the island. I was thinking of KW V2 or V3 but the guys at momentum also told me about the bilsteins also.I'm looking for superior handling than OEM and similar/ slightly harsher ride.

Does anyone know the actual cost of the OEM shocks?
Don't know for BMW, but my friend had to replace 2 on his S3, 900$ each.

Back