Article: RAWTEK insanity **Skyline 3.5'' downpipe with diesel cat'' + BMW M6

Amazing sound. I love how the guy putting stuff in his trunk doesn't look impressed. We all know he creamed his pants!

Honestly.. working near a shop that installs mufflers all day long.. you get fedup of hearing the cars that floor it when they leave. From a Civic to a Porsche you just get fedup.

nice videos. it's cool that you guys take time to edit the pictures and music to show everyone your work.
but i have to say, i am disappointed with the result of the 850i.... it doesn't sound RAW like the 370z or the S6.... why is that?

nice videos. it's cool that you guys take time to edit the pictures and music to show everyone your work.
but i have to say, i am disappointed with the result of the 850i.... it doesn't sound RAW like the 370z or the S6.... why is that?

Apples and oranges. It's a totaly different animal. You're comparing a V6, a V10 and a V12. No two will ever sound alike. But as far as RAW is concerned... it's just not what the customer was looking for. Eliminate the resonators and mufflers and RAW is what you'll get. Also the 850i is an under acheiver for what it is. A 5.0L V12 with less than 300 hp. It is far more refined than the 3.5L V6 in the 370Z making 330 hp. I appreciate the inquiry and thank you for the compliments on the videos.

By the way if you took the 850i for a rip on the highway and floored it, I really don`t think dissapointed would be the reaction. Perhaps the video doesn`t do it justice.

The client with the 850i wanted the performance without the sound. He got what he wanted! The car is dead quiet, but he got some pretty impressive power gains with the headers-exhaust and ECU tune! That 850i is a pig from 0-100kmh, but on the highway, OMFG it just pulls and pulls, and does it with no sound or drama...

The company is called RAWtek, but not everyone wants a Raw sound. The exhausts are taylored to every customers needs.

The client with the 850i wanted the performance without the sound. He got what he wanted! The car is dead quiet, but he got some pretty impressive power gains with the headers-exhaust and ECU tune! That 850i is a pig from 0-100kmh, but on the highway, OMFG it just pulls and pulls, and does it with no sound or drama...

The company is called RAWtek, but not everyone wants a Raw sound. The exhausts are taylored to every customers needs.

i thought too maybe the customer wanted something quiet and it seems like you guys hit the spot. i was just expecting to hear it ROARRRRR hehehe.

Awesome vid and awesome work. My only problem: The song you chose is so outdated and so cliché that it makes it seem like you guys are a bunch of biker 60 year olds with mullets. OMG choose a newer song for the next vid!!!! Seriously I think music like that might decrease clientelle.

Awesome vid and awesome work. My only problem: The song you chose is so outdated and so cliché that it makes it seem like you guys are a bunch of biker 60 year olds with mullets. OMG choose a newer song for the next vid!!!! Seriously I think music like that might decrease clientelle.

Point taken but here is the situation.
We put these videos on Youtube where some pencil pusher reviews them and most of the time when we try newer songs, they are refused. Something about licensing. We know this song works so we use it. Besides, I have a suspision that the average M6 owner is a little older than most of the guys on MR. So while the song may not be popular here, it is approprite to the target audience.
If anyone has song suggestions for our vids, I would live to hear them.

ma fd v8 est presque prete je vous amene ça bientot j'ai trop hate de voir ce que vous allez me fabriquer sur ma bebelle

Quand vous faite une exhaust aftermarket sur un char de luxe, il y a des check engines qui sortent?

Car jai une IS250 et c'est se qui me stop a acheter une exhaust aftermarket, je ne veux pas qu'il y est un check engine en constance dans mon cluster...

Quand vous faite une exhaust aftermarket sur un char de luxe, il y a des check engines qui sortent?

Car jai une IS250 et c'est se qui me stop a acheter une exhaust aftermarket, je ne veux pas qu'il y est un check engine en constance dans mon cluster...

Non il y a pas de check engine!

Avec un cat-back tu n auras jamais de CEL... sa va apparaitre si tu delete tes catalyseurs...

Si je change mes catalyseurs, comme ceux la par exemple?

Je pensais peut-être a plus que juste un catback!

Vais-je avoir un check engine?

Les gars font une sacré belle job! Ce sont eux qui ont fait l'exhaust complet après le header sur ma teg et même après 3 ans, l'exhaust a encore l'air neuf et sonne toujours aussi bien! Ma prochaine job d'exhaust c'est sur qu'ils l'auront!

*tu*

Si je change mes catalyseurs, comme ceux la par exemple?

Je pensais peut-être a plus que juste un catback!

Vais-je avoir un check engine?

Sa depend toujours du location du sonde d'oxygene en relations ou catalyseur. Ce qui est appres le dernier sonde d'oxygene, ne va pas affecter le CEL. L'ordinateur peut seulement detecter des changemant dans la linge qui sont AVANT le sonde d'oxygene. Sur ton char tu a deux cats apres le sensor que tu peut eliminer ou changer pour des cat high flow.

exhaust-pipe-176073.png

Merci

Last edited:
@ RAWTEK. Do you guys work on any brand of vehicle or do u only specialize in German cars ??

We work on ANY car. Just most people who walk in the door drive VW/Audi, BMW and Porsche. I don't know why but I'm not complaining.
Check out this vid. I know this isn't exactly the right thread for this vid but it's still RAWTEK insanity so what the hell. Oh and H-Lover, I apologize for the AC/DC but in this case it's more than appropriate.

Back