MR Mobile problems

TheComebackKid

So I noticed today the MR Mobile option is back but when I go to it I can't login.
I click the Login button in the top right but it just reloads the page.
I also can't go back to the Full Site when clicking the link at the bottom of the page.

The mobile skin they've developed seems to be pretty crappy. Over time they will release updates but for now I would use Tapatalk.

I'm stuck in mobile mode too. Can't go back to the full site or to the settings panel to change it back.

Deleting the cookie logs you out, that's why you get the full version. But as soon as I log in, it loads the mobile skin again. I guess this option is saved under my user profile in the forum database. Too bad i can't get to the profile settings anymore to turn this off. Guess only an admin can do it for me now by going into the DB and changing that on my profile.

To get back to the full version I had to logout, login on by computer and choose the mr style option.

The main reason I won't use the mobile view is because it doesn't have a "new posts" button which is what I use most.

The normal view is painful on my torch and tapatalk only shows the latest 20 threads unless there is something I'm missing.

Thanks for the link, Danny. Unfortunately it still loads the mobile skin (I'm on my PC running Firefox).
I switched to the mobile skin a few days ago when browsing from my iPhone. I just wanted to see how it looks/works.
Ever since then, no matter which device I log in from (even new computers where I've never browsed to MR before), I always get the mobile skin.

If I could get tot the profile settings page, i'd change that setting back, but the mobile skin doesn't have a button for that and I don't remember the URL.

Thanks!

I took a better look at the URL Danny posted and realized there should be a question mark not an ampersand before the styleid parameter.
Used the URL with a question mark and now i'm back to the default skin.

Here's the URL if others need it:
http://montrealracing.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=39

si je rentre ca ca revient au skin normal, mais aussitot que je clique sur un thread, paf ca retourne en mode mobile.. si au moins on avait toutes les options en mode mobile..bref ca me tappe sur les nerfs:(

autre trouble (peut etre mon cell?) si je change ''l'agent'' pour exemple linux desktop je voit le site normal, mais les cases pour écrire des replies fonctionnent plus :(

Sorry my bad. Bertro posted the correct link. I've fixed the link at the bottom of the page of the mobile site however. Click "Full Site" to return to the normal site.

seems when viewing in normal mode, as soon as you click a subforum it reverts to the messed up mobile version again.
This just started happening a few days ago

Having similar issues on my iphone 3g OS 3.0

Mobile version takes forever to load (sometimes never does) and clicking "full site" only brings me back to main forum index still in mobile version. Just started happening a few days ago.

C'est quoi l'agent?

ben en gros j'peux ''dire'' au site que j'y accède via un ordinateur qui roule linux, un iphone, ipad, etc.. j'ai ca dans mes options de browser sur mon n1.. si je met l'agent en question a linux ou internet explorer 6.. jpeux voir le site complet.. mais ya un fuck qui fait que jpeux pas sélectionner les cases pour écrire.. (c'est peut-etre mon build d'os de cell.. cyanogenmod v7 RC2) si je met ca a android, ca met toujours le site en mode mobile.. meme avec le lien ''Full site'' en bas.. tu cliques ca donne le site complet.. tu sélectionnes un lien ca retourne en mode mobile..

si ca pouvait etre plus complet le mode mobile j'dis pas... mais y'en manque vraiment trop

seems when viewing in normal mode, as soon as you click a subforum it reverts to the messed up mobile version again.

Having similar issues on my iphone 3g OS 3.0

Mobile version takes forever to load (sometimes never does) and clicking "full site" only brings me back to main forum index still in mobile version. Just started happening a few days ago.

I will bring up issue with vb.

also, having all those pics on the side takes so long to load completely when on mobile in full mode

The first thing i did when i finally managed to get back to the full page was to go into my profile settings and disable the mobile skin. Now the browser always loads the normal version.

On my iPhone i installed Tapatalk and it works surprisingly well. WAY better and faster than the mobile skin. Plus much better organized.

The first thing i did when i finally managed to get back to the full page was to go into my profile settings and disable the mobile skin. Now the browser always loads the normal version.

On my iPhone i installed Tapatalk and it works surprisingly well. WAY better and faster than the mobile skin. Plus much better organized.

How do you disable mobile skin? I have it set to "MR Style" but no where to disable mobile skin and it is with this setting that the Mobile version loads each time i click into a forum. On the main forum it's full mode but as soon as i click VW or Off Topic forums it loads the mobile version automatically.

est-ce que c'est envisageable de complètement désactiver cette ''option'' la Danny?

peut-être faire une enquête a savoir si tes usagers utilisent activement ce mode ou pas..

dans l'sens que le skin mobile est tellement déficient que c'en est pénible a surfer sur mr.. c'est lent.. ca semble planter de temps a autres.. dans mon cas précis (cas isolé?) si j'veux poster j'dois absolument etre sur le skin mobile.. si je change l'agent comme je parlais pour pouvoir voir le site en mode normal j'peux pas poster de réponses..

on a accès à rien en ce qui attrait aux options, j'ai pas encore trouvé comment simplement retourner dans la section que j'étais rapidement.. j'dois retourner a la liste des sections pour ensuite retourner dans la section que j'étais.. oui je peux faire ''back'' mais en haut de 2-3 pages de lues avec la lenteur du skin ça devient très pénible

normalement les updates faites au site je chigne pas.. en dehors de quelques petites anicroches ici et là c'est généralement fonctionnel.. mais ce skin la, ça va vraiment pas..

au pire me confirmer que c'est juste moi qui a ces problèmes là et je vais pitcher mon cell au bout de mes bras haha

Back