Acura cl type s anybody owned one?

bigsmokes

hello everyone I'm currently looking in to buying an Acura cl type s but can't seem to find any feedback about reliability and I was just wondering if anyone here ever owned one? are they reliable cars or maintenance whores until now I only found that the transmission seem to fail every 64 000km and how are they in terms of maintenance price are they similar to an A4 in terms of maintenance price?

thanks

^^ x2

If you can't find a manual don't buy one. The automatic transmission is crap. But the standard is pretty sick.

i'm sure you could swap an accord v6 manual too.

was there a visual way to tell the manual CLs apart? i think they only had them in 03. and i don't know if it was all accross the 03 year, or just the manual, but it had a color matched grill and black housings. looked slick.

CL-S manuelle, très bon char! Fiable aussi! C'est un bon achat c'est certain.

Par contre, à 12 500$ pour un VGA, c'est ben trop cher! ~10-11 000$ pour un clean clean serait dans les prix..

try www.carsurvey.org
Note that many reviews are useless... but when you read enough you have a good idea of common issues of the cars within the first 6 months...

the best reviews are obviously from the people who have the car for a long time.

Read every review about the 3.2CL

The automatic tranny had issues but I think there was a recall for that.
It lasts if you drive very easy on the tran but a manual version has got to be sick.

Parents had a 3.0CL and an accord V6
CL was fine with my dad driving it. sold it to a friend when it had 89000km, he changed the tranny at 120000km... most of his driving was nasty on the car
the accord V6 had the tranny changed at 75000km, sold it to another friend of mine (his first car + still does deliveries today) after lots of redligning and lack of oil changes, engin worked fine but ticked and taked very loudly and then he blew the tranny... so he got both replaced...

My dad has a 2005 3.2TL his tranny is still in top shape.

Check this thread out, it has info on a CL tranny recall
http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458134

Last edited:
Back