Who stopped modding thier rides? When and why?

I'm finally getting around to building up a Cutlass, but in the end its going to be under 2 grand with everything included and around 350 hp.
I wouldn't be doing the project if I couldn't find such great deals and reselling parts.

Jvien de m'acheté un Ranger 4x4 2007, et deja apres meme pas 2 semaine jai un catback sortie double, DiabloSport Predator d'acheté, LED at some places, fog jaune, CF argent pour refaire le dash de commandé, et bien d'autre chose a venir avec les prochaine paye!!

C'est comme une maladie de pas vouloir avoir le meme truck que Pierre-Jean Jacques!

Jvien de m'acheté un Ranger 4x4 2007, et deja apres meme pas 2 semaine jai un catback sortie double, DiabloSport Predator d'acheté, LED at some places, fog jaune, CF argent pour refaire le dash de commandé, et bien d'autre chose a venir avec les prochaine paye!!

C'est comme une maladie de pas vouloir avoir le meme truck que Pierre-Jean Jacques!

Des payes sur un truck! :run:

Jai arreter de modifier mes voitures en 2010 , Apres avoir passer mon hiver a travailer sur une s2000.

A cause de mon travail je peut aller dans des encans ou importer quesqui me tente.

Donc a la place de perdre mon temps a modifier quelque chose et perdre de largent je roule avec des vehicules plus recent qui sont rapide dorgine et je fais un peu dargent sur le cote. *tu*

Cest sure que sa reste que jai encore lenvie de modifier ma GT500 avec un whipple 2.9L ou de lifter mon F-150 etc etc etc mais sa vaut juste plus la peine je garde mes chars au maximum 4 a 5 mois

i stopped during autumn 2010 because i can't even find some fucking parts for my car!! Did a swap, rims, drops (1.6inches, maximum from aftermarket for my car) And i am planning on buying a 2005-10 tacoma TRD 4doors v6 :D I got others plans on my mind so my celica is not my priority actually!!

je déteste mettre de l'argent après mes véhicules, chaque dollars en réparation/modification, c'est de l'argent en moins pour le gaz, et conduire, c'est ça le fun.

I've slowed down a lot, Most mods now cost too much money (turbo .etc)

As for the 2004 S-type Jag, I used to have one. Be very careful with it, it's a really cheap car unfortunately. On mine, within the first 30-40k

The transmission gave (auto)
The pistons warped
the A/C died
The engine coolant lines broke (twice) (Hence the engine warp)
Overheated engine
One of the handles over the doors (inside) ripped off.

I went really fast with it once and very rarely floored it. I was careful with it compared to other cars I've had yet no car I've ever owned has broken...

Be warned. Ford made that Jag

I've done more things than what people would do to their cars: suspension, wheels, intake, exhaust, black housings, lights, etc etc. even though aftermarket parts are limited for mine. I like my car to be different and very unique, comfortable and fast at the same time. Now I have priorities and I would not spend a dime more on my car, except a double-din touch screen and to put up my lip kit. But who knows, if one day I find a affordable TRD supercharger, I'd be more than happy to buy it. But I want to save first.

I wasted so much cash on my Civic (engine, mags, stereo, suspension, more stereo, mew mew). Adding up the bills, I can't believe I spent so much on a car that's worth MAYBE $4-5k and gave me marginal pleasure.

I cringe looking at that car now. My stock Subaru is 3x faster, handles 2x better, and is much more respectable/fun to drive. And my motorcycle that cost 1/2 as much as the Civic is more fun than any car I've ever driven (IMO). I will never mod a car again (with exception for accessories like mags, etc.). I'm pretty sure that most people grow out of it eventually. If not because of time, then practicality.

And for those who live paycheck to paycheck because of their car...LOL.

It's crazy, but I remember when I sold my Spec V I told myself I would never spend money on another car. When I bought the eclipse, I first didn't do a thing. I learned a bit about ECU tuning and before you know it I had bought a Supercharger kit. 5k and 5 psi later I realize how much I love moding cars. All go no show, but regardless I love it, I would never be able to stop. In 30 years,I'll be a talking about bigger capacitors or wtv but I'll never stop. It's a passion, it's like saying hey when did you stop passing the puck or skating..

I also slowed down on mods, but thats only because I brought a real rwd sport car that is already unique and rare.

I started with an integra years ago but realised I should not put that much money on a fwd econobox and save my money for something more serious, which I did. After I brought my house+garage I brought something more serious. For this year its going to be 1000$ in mods and restauration MAX.

That's how i see it too, my dad used to rant all the time about how i spent my money on cars and fuel, then i compared my car to his guitars, he never said anything since then. A passion is not money wasted, it's just not an investment.

true

I stopped modding my ride because it's allright.

The only mod I plan to do on my civic EK is to put an Integra steering pinion for more responsivness.

I don't plan to mod the '87 because it's a piece of collection.

Used to mod a lot, now i STILL do but i consider myself a LOT less, like one said, I go with bolt-on parts that has a decent resale value.

Why? Moding your living place is a lot nicer and much worth it. ;)

I stopped puting mags with low profile tires because it's simply stupid in Montreal...
Wears down the suspension and at every unlucky pot-hole... 1 on 2 chance that the mag is slightly bent and needs a fix.
15" 1.7EL mags from now on.

Did swap the engine+tranny of my Civic for a 1999 b20b.
So the mod was strictly for making the my civic respectable... it's humiliating to have to go down to third just to move to the left lane and pass someone.

If I don't sell it and I start making more money and have money to waste, I will have to get a vtech head installed.

Other then that, 17" ASA mags, 4 bolts universal.
mag.jpg

150$ takes it
1 is slightly bent and needs a small hammer fix.
514 3166732 :p

Back