Noob Question : Boost Control vs Chip vs Turbo Timer .

SRB-TEAM

guys , i m noob in this stuff , so i wanna know the diffirence :

boost control vs chip ?

and what turbo timer do ? :dunno:

tnks alot .

plz no trollzz , if you know , good for you . now i wanna know .

boost controller cest pour gerer manuellement le nombre de psi que va rouler ton turbo. A déconseiller parce que ton char n'est pas tuné en conséquence.

Chip cest une tune préfait assez général pour un véhicule donné. La chip va également gérer ton boost en fonction de la tune préfaite.

Un turbo timer ca a pas vraiment de lien cest pour laisser ton turbo rouler suite a larret de ton véhicule. Ca peut etre utile quand tu viens de fouetter ton char et que tu larrete tout de suite apres mais normalement sur les chars turbo dorigine avec peu de modification ce nest pas nécessaire.

Laisse faire les chip pis les boost controller paye toi un bon dyno tune. C'est plus cher mais cest plus safe et performant. La tune va vraiment etre fait pour ton char et tes modifications

Boost Controller:

A boost controller is a device to control the boost level produced in the intake manifold of a turbocharged or supercharged engine by affecting the air pressure delivered to the pneumatic and mechanical wastegate actuator. ...

Turbo Timer:

A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period of time in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure. ...

Chip

Basically the ECU (Engine Control Unit) in your car came from the factory with an air/fuel map
that decides how much fuel needs to be injected to mix with air coming into the engine at a
certain RPM and amount of load on the motor. The ECU also adjusts where the mixture is
ignited by the plugs, referred to as adjusting the "timing". What chip companies do, is alter this
map and allow the engine to produce more power. Why do manufacturers not do this?... well
they have to meet MPG standards dictated by the government etc and also don't want the engine
to work too hard for reliability sake. Most chips increase the rev limiter/boost and as a result
works the motor a little harder at the top end, where most HP is produced (typically).

15 seconds on google

If you want to boost your Patate ask dom@unitronic, its local always nice to encourage the local guys

merci /tnks les gars pour information , la je vai savoir le diffirence. . + rep .

ITR JDM, yeah man , i already ask dom.. from unitronic the prices :) now i wait summer . cuz i still dont know if i gonna keep my passat . if i gonna keep it , i gonna go whit unitronic . :)

J'aimerais savoir ou je met la chip dans ma civic 87, je crois pas que j'ai d'ECU.

I had a turbo timer on my evo 6, never leave that shit at the valet (didnt have a choice that one time). The idiot propped open my hood and unplugged my battery saying "sorry sir, I couldnt get the car to stop". Idiot.

Back