Canada to allow used cars from Mexico to be imported.

Marc123

OTTAWA, March 23 - Used vehicles from Mexico that can be modified to meet Canadian safety and environmental standards will be allowed to be imported into Canada in the near future.

The Honourable Chuck Strahl, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities, today announced that amendments to the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (MVSA) and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) have received Royal Assent.

"We're committed to maintaining our road safety record," said Minister Strahl. "At the same time, we're trying to give Canadian consumers more choice by updating the MVSA to allow them to import eligible vehicles from Mexico."

Article

VW-Beetle-Mexico-feat.jpg

1st Gen S3.

If they need to meet Canadian safety standards..thats perfect since we recently aligned our standards to the US.

2617161093_d53f19d2b9.jpg

Does that mean we can start importing Renault and Peugeot?

I wonder if this is going to be a standard deal, like inspection, activate DRL's, weighing and you're good to go, or will there be a list of approved cars for import?

I'ma start a company in Mexico and import JDM's from Japan. They export them to Canada :p

Des chars qui sentent le taco, non merci

seriously.. a shitty built car designated for 100 degree weather with no local part or service availability.. something tells me every kid hipster with fluoresecent colored wheels will jumping on this idea

Oubliez les chars qui ne sont pas vendus au Canada genre Peugeot, Citroen, Alfa Romeo, Fiat etc...
Au moins on aura pas à convertir les compteurs de vitesses et les odomètres car au Mexique c'est en kilomètre pas en mile comme aux USA.
Intéressant pour des véhicules comme BMW, Audi, Mercedes, les Nissans, mais le transport sera cher vu la distance.
Par contre comment s'assurer que les chars ont bien été entretenus, sans accident etc...

Back