Enough...

TylerF

ok, i've had enough! i've applied at nearly 300 places and still haven't gotten any calls. i walk in professional, good speaking, dressed nice, and evening gave a french/english c.v.

i'm in need of a part time job doing ANYTHING so i can get through school.

/rant thanks.

i'm not ugly lol, i didn't even get to an interview or any phone calls. I just have a bad schedule, school from 8am to 3pm. I got 1 interview, said he'd call me back never did.

It's not that hard man. Obviously your schedule is holding you back a lot, but find somewhere with flexible hours and apply. Don't just send in a CV and expect a call.

What I always do is go to the business physically and hand in my information to a manager, the owner... whoever that has authority. Talk them up for a bit, get a conversation going..
First impression is the most important. Once you get the interview you're pretty much in. Every job I've ever scored an interview for I've always been hired.

It's not that hard man. Obviously your schedule is holding you back a lot, but find somewhere with flexible hours and apply. Don't just send in a CV and expect a call.

What I always do is go to the business physically and hand in my information to a manager, the owner... whoever that has authority. Talk them up for a bit, get a conversation going..
First impression is the most important. Once you get the interview you're pretty much in. Every job I've ever scored an interview for I've always been hired.

X2, I dont remeber going for an interview and not getting the job. Talk to manager or owner, don't give your CV to the girl at the cash or the first person you see. Introduce yourself, good eye contact, look motivated, happy, ready to work and try to apply to one specific position. Dont go in a car dealership saying you want to work with cars and people but you dont care where. Parts? Sales? Service? What do you want to do? Where will you make the difference? Where will you do the best work? What can you do?

Theres nothing wrong with a 10$/hr job in my books, theres no 'sous-metier' to me but if you walk in saying oh hi iunno what to do hire me that's all you'll get.

I get 1-2 guys a month applying at my work and when they come in saying they're looking for a job, for any kind of work, anything, in whatever department doing whatever... I take their cv, wait for them to leave and then I put it in file 13 aka the shredding machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ En effet, si tu démontre de l'intêret pour un poste en particulié tu aura plus de chance que celui qui se dit "universiellement polyvalent" qui peut TOUT faire lol !

^^ En effet, si tu démontre de l'intêret pour un poste en particulié tu aura plus de chance que celui qui se dit "universiellement polyvalent" qui peut TOUT faire lol !

Quand on sait tres bien que dans le fond yer poche a tout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are hiring at work at I feel bad for the HR director. She has to meet with these degenerates all day long......

Guys coming in for an interview in a high end place wearing ripped jeans and dirty sneakers and coming in late and just looking generally unprofessional.

But yeah, with your schedule go for a waiter or busboy job. If they ask for experience, just lie. When I worked as a waiter, I lied about my experience, but ended up doing a kick ass job.

deliver pizzas, sounds lame but im doing it part time on the side and I wish I had started years ago, tips+pay come out to about 18/hour on slower days and up to 30+/hour on busy nights all cash and its by far the easiest most chill job ever just cruise around in your car listening to music. check it out srs.

Back