Oh my! How things have changed....

BBQMAN

Shop Representative
[video=vimeo;20247765]http://vimeo.com/20247765"[/video]
Some of this footage is hard to believe.

Pure gold makes us reflec and think, a few guys got hurt and a sure a few lost there life I find this video sad really but it made racing safe .
Im a true racing but I don't think I would have race with no roll cage or belts.

As funny as that was, it was bloody scary. Glad I wasn't involved in racing back then. One thing was that the drivers had no problem getting out of the cars.

No belt, no bars and leather caps as helmets... Back then, it was believed that you were safer being ejected off the car than staying in it..

There was great footage in there, I spotted early Daytona racing (in the sand), some Monte Carlo stuff and even some 1930's era Midget racing (look it up ;)).

In my heart, the craziest guys of all were still the motorcycle board-track racers.

Great find Carl, thanks for sharing :)

A des années lumières des HANS device et des airbags!....

Juste à regarder des vidéo de course genre 12 heures de Sebring dans les années 60, on voit qu'il n'y a même pas de pit wall, pas de run off, pas de safety barriers.... rien, nada, niet, zilch, fuck all, nothing, nein!

Fallait être fou, mais dans ce temps là, les hommes se pensaient invincibles.

Je crois plus que c'est parcequ'ils connaissaient
pas autre choses... dans c'est annees la y'avais pas autres
choses. Quand meme, ils devaient etre assez fou et inconscient.

Sa prenait toute une paire de couille pour courrir avec ces bolides la. Et/ou être complètement saoul!!

Merci a l'invention de l'asphalte!!

Back