Cadillac CTS or Ford Fusion SEL V6 AWD

TheDamned

Hi people,

I'm ready to dish out ~ 12 000$ for a new car this spring.
My choice comes down to this.

2008 Ford Fusion SEL V6 (AWD or not)

2008_ford_fusion_v6_sel_awd-pic-41019.jpeg

06Fusion_InteriorA.jpg

Fully equiped, they have leather, roof, etc etc.

Here are the other specs

Code:
Mechanical
Engine & Performance
Base engine size: 2.3 L
Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Cylinders: inline 4
Valves: 16
Valve timing: Variable
Torque: 156 ft-lbs. @ 4250 rpm
Horsepower: 160 hp @ 6250 rpm
Turning circle: 38.7 ft.
Base engine type: gas

or a

2007 Cadillac CTS

2007-cadillac-cts-vehicle-image-view.jpg

2006_and_2007_cadillac_cts_2007_cadilac_cts_interior_image_0011_cd_gallery.jpg

Fully equiped aswell

Specs:

Code:
Mechanical
Engine & Performance
Base engine size: 2.8 L
Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Cylinders: V6
Valves: 24
Valve timing: Variable
Torque: 194 ft-lbs. @ 3300 rpm
Horsepower: 210 hp @ 6500 rpm
Turning circle: 35.5 ft.
Base engine type: gas
DriveTrain
Drive type: rear wheel drive
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Suspension
Short and long arm front suspension
Multi-link rear suspension
Four-wheel independent suspension
Front and rear stabilizer bar
Fuel
Fuel type: gas
Fuel type: regular unleaded
Fuel tank capacity: 17.0 gal.
Range in miles (cty/hwy): 255.0/425.0 mi.
EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 15/25 mpgl

The CTS has alot more "nice to have features" like double climate zone in the car, 7 speakers (fusion has 4), heated mirrors, etc etc.

I heard nothing but good stuff about the Ford Fusions, hard as a tank, cheap to maintain, etc etc.

I didnt hear much about the CTS, anyone own one ?

Keep in mind I'll keep this car till the end of my university studies so 2-3 years max.
I just want a nice, comfortable ride. I don't plan on modding it at all... I guess i'm getting old!

What would you guys recommend ?

Last edited:
Only 12k$ for a CTS 2007 ?
I would go for the Fusion considering that a 12K $ 2007 CTS would probably need some K$ to be in good shape!

edit: I don't know about CTS pricing in U.S.A...but 12K seems a little cheap imo

Only 12k$ for a CTS 2007 ?
I would go for the Fusion considering that a 12K $ 2007 CTS would probably need some K$ the be in good shape!

edit: I don't know about CTS pricing in U.S.A

should edit my location, i'm not in the USA right now.
I will buy the car in Québec.

It's possible to have one for ~12-13k.

See

2007 here..
http://www.lespac.com/vehicules/autos/beauport/d-cadillac-cts-2-8-2007-LPaZZ23439071WWcpZZ26WWgrZZ12

http://www.lespac.com/vehicules/autos/rimouski/d-cadillac-cts-3-6l-LPaZZ23552081WWcpZZ26WWgrZZ12

CTS pre-2007 are garbage.

2008 is what you want. 3.6L direct injection motor, 280hp 6speed manual.

My dad had an 06 2.8l we had it from 10k kms to 30k and I can't say anything about it. the car never broke down.

I drove the car a few times and I loved the way it handled, and even the 2.8l engine has some decent power. Gas mileage was pretty good too and the car is absolutly comfortable for 4 people or less.

I'd get myself a 3.6 with a manual gearbox, that would rock!

I know that the fusion is a great car and all, but I don't think you'd have as much fun with the Fusion. The only thing I'd say thats bad with the CTS is the traction control, you HAVE to turn it off during winter to get anywhere, it is too restrictive. So if you don't mind having your tail coming out from time to time, I'd get the CTS.

If you end up getting the CTS, if it's a pre 08, I would paint the grille body color like my dad did on his. makes the car look way better.

I'm with the CTS too. In my book priority should be given to anything w\ RWD and a manual gearbox. I've never driven either of these cars but IMO the fusion would be heavier because of the awd and a 4 banger for a big sedan? But be warned at 12k that particular CTS must have been beaten to shit. Whatever you buy make sure its properly inspected and always check the vehicle owner history at the SAAQ.

I'm with the CTS too. In my book priority should be given to anything w\ RWD and a manual gearbox. I've never driven either of these cars but IMO the fusion would be heavier because of the awd and a 4 banger for a big sedan? But be warned at 12k that particular CTS must have been beaten to shit. Whatever you buy make sure its properly inspected and always check the vehicle owner history at the SAAQ.

I posted the wrong specs, the Fusion SEL has a 3 liters V6.

And i don't really care about the power, RWD or manual seriously.
I've had a modded Mustang 5.0L for 10 years now and I've enjoyed it every day but now I just want a good Point A to point B car.
I'll get a Corvette when i'll be done with school.

I have the first generation of fusion, V6 2006 AWD and I have 170 000 km on the car and I only changed the windshield, brakes and oil. Car runs pretty smooth but the bushings does some noises. CTS is more luxury and you look more rich to the girls but it will goes more in maintenance.

je prendrais la CTS simplement par question de gout ..mais sinon ce sont 2 superbe auto que GM et Ford on fait ...

essaie les 2 c'est le seul moyen de savoir celle que tu prefere

^^ tu m'enleves les mots de la bouche. Coté design j'aime davantage la version 2008 mais evidemment + dispendieuse
2002-2007
cadillac_cts.jpg

2008up
2008-cadillac-cts-i0001.jpg

we had Fusions as some company vehicles
never heard complaints

I personally like it, don't think there is too much to say about it in a negative way
good engine, good suspension, full size interior for it's class, good fuel economy

The CTS is the new generation poor man caddy. I would not touch one unless it had a full warranty.

Love the new Malibu as well :)

The CTS is the new generation poor man caddy. I would not touch one unless it had a full warranty.

Love the new Malibu as well :)

C'est quoi ce comentaire de 2 de pic de marde sale dans le vagin la ...

rendue la une Ferrari California ses la Poor man Ferrari ???

la fusion est une bonne voiture mais demeure une platforme FWD , CTS en plus de se faire en verssion Manuel est RWD ce qui en fait une meilleur voiture sur plusieur Points ...je nes jamais entendue de mauvais comentaire sur cette voiture ....

do some repairs on a Cadilac, then you'll see
you buy the car, then you become a poor man, as the repairs are VERY HIGH

Back