Article: Man dies at 102, owns same car 82 years

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
This is a few years old but I wanted to share anyways. I have about 70 more years to go with my Acura to do what this man did.

http://classiccars.about.com/b/2010/12/08/how-long-would-you-own-a-rolls-royce.htm

"Mr. Allen Swift of Springfield, MA received this 1928 Rolls-Royce Piccadilly P1 Roadster from his father, brand new - as a graduation gift in 1928. He drove it up until his death at the age of 102!!! He was the oldest living owner of a car from new. He donated it to a Springfield museum after his death. It has 170,000 miles on it, still runs like a Swiss watch, dead silent at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic condition".
0411rolls.jpg

Surprising... 20 year old kid gets a Rolls Royce as a gift from his daddy and he didn't crash it!!! :run:

Awesome story. *tu*

actually in the article it says they CAN'T confirm that it's true it was a graduation gift, or that it's in perfect condition and runs quietly.

It's quite an impressive story. It's rare for someone to hang on to the same car for 20 years, let alone 82.

Il devait pas la sortir souvent lol

Une moyenne de 3336km par années, wtf.... Un changement d'huile par année lol

That's wild!!

Danny, don't ever sell the Type_R

I regret selling it :(

It is the one car I would have kept from all the cars I have owned.

What an amazing story!! Tip my hat off to the old man and what a classic car he had!!! If only we could all keep our cars for so long and in mint condition!! RIP Grandpop!

Back