A tour of the Michael Waltrip Racing Shop (75 photos)

Marc123

Auto123.com recently visited the Michael Waltrip Racing shop in Cornelius, NC for a non-exclusive tour. Any NASCAR fan can show up at the race shop, pay a small fee, and take a tour of the factory and see the race cars being built.

Michael Waltrip’s 160,000-sq ft headquarters (also known as Raceworld USA) are located inside an old theatre that has been completely redesigned. The shop contains one last theatre room where 135 people can sit and watch videos on a giant screen and where press conferences are staged.

nascar-mwr-inline.jpg

Photo: Philippe Champoux/Auto123.com

“There are two machine shops working on two shifts, from 6 am to 3 pm, and then 3 pm to 11 pm,” explained Chris ‘Sid’ Sadlowski who works at the marketing department of MWR and who was our guide.

Gallery (75 photos):
http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/other/nascar-a-tour-of-the-michael-waltrip-racing-shop-photos?artid=130010&utm_source=forums_mtlr&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=blog-en

Last edited:
They seem to have fixed it, but you used to have to reload the entire resource hungry page every time you wanted to look at the next picture.

i'm on chrome.

and i didn't know if it was fixed or not, because i had assumed it was intentional, and i didn't click to begin with.

and my dealer's number is 514-839.....

yeah it works like it should. good because there are enough of these auto123 threads that i wouldn't mind checking out, but i had started to avoid them because of the re-loading hassle.

tant mieux now

Back