Downhill mountain bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxplosif1

Banned
I started this year and had a blast all summer long at bromont. Now the season is over and can't wait for next year.

So who's into it? Since when? And what kind of bike do u guys have?

Mine is a 2003 Norco Launch.

i did two seasons of ''championnat du quebec'' and I've been riding for 5 years now...

But i retired last year, I bought a motocross instead!! but i still got my bike.
Gt Lobo DH with a 7'' boxxer.. (for sale!)

good luck man it's one of the best sport out there!!

I was into it in 2000-2001 last year I only had time to go once, this year I didn't go. i'm not proud of that.

I have a 98 Gary Fisher Tequila, equipped with Shimano STX-RC everything, upgraded brakes to XT with LX levers. Next year, if I get back into it, i'm changing the bottom bracket and suspension as 4" is nowhere near enough on a hardtail.

I was never much in downhill.
I used to race XC up until 2001.

The boys at Dean Ultimate made me a custom frame and built it up with xtr/xt. Sweet ride.

Like teknojnky I didn't get out this year either. not enough time :(

djharmonix said:
i did two seasons of ''championnat du quebec'' and I've been riding for 5 years now...

But i retired last year, I bought a motocross instead!! but i still got my bike.
Gt Lobo DH with a 7'' boxxer.. (for sale!)

good luck man it's one of the best sport out there!!

You're right, it's one of the best sport i've done so far! So intense and the adrenaline rush is unreal! :bow:

What kind of motox do u you have? I'd like to get one too...or maybe a quad...don't know yet.

djharmonix said:
i have CR 125 1990

you should get one, it's way cheaper than a dh bike! i paid 1500$ for mine and it's in great condition.

Yeah tell me about it. I wasn't expecting to pay 3000$+ for a downhill bike when i got my norco!

Motocross are cheap compare to quads. It's not for now anyway so i'll have plenty of times to think about it.

Are you planning to DH next year?

I used to ride a lot, then i discovered alcohol, bars and cigarettes. Now that i'm getting bored of those, i will get back on the bike. I have a relatively old aluminum Gary Fisher Piranha hardtail frame with an Answer fork, xt, lx parts and xtr front brakes. I haven't gone to Bromont yet, but i will probably get a season pass for the next summer. Maybe we can organise a MR meet @ bromont :p

bassACE said:
I used to ride a lot, then i discovered alcohol, bars and cigarettes. Now that i'm getting bored of those, i will get back on the bike. I have a relatively old aluminum Gary Fisher Piranha hardtail frame with an Answer fork, xt, lx parts and xtr front brakes. I haven't gone to Bromont yet, but i will probably get a season pass for the next summer. Maybe we can organise a MR meet @ bromont :p

Why not! I'm also getting a bromont pass for next year. It's well worth it.

I never had the chance to ride a true downhill, but i've been doing my own XC thing. I don't have the bike for DH but I'm looking forward to trying it out next season.

bassACE said:

Mr meet @ bromont, I'll have to wait for you guys 20 mins between each ride!! get ready to eat durt!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

i was supposed to go 2 summers ago but it never happened afterall
i got a gary fisher that i got last year with disk brakes
i wanted to go all summer this summer but didn't know anyone who did that so i sayed in the small trails next to my house

i wanna try next year :D

xxplosif1 said:
I started this year and had a blast all summer long at bromont. Now the season is over and can't wait for next year.

So who's into it? Since when? And what kind of bike do u guys have?

Mine is a 2003 Norco Launch.

I got a '95 Pro-Flex frame dual-suspension setup.

- Spinergy Rev-X-Roks wheels
- XTR front derr.
- XT rear derr.
- XT cogset
- 20/24/34 front setup
- Avid V-brakes
- Gripshift shifters
- 525 clipless pedals

Haven't touched it in 3 years. Haven't ridden in about 4-5 years. If any of you know where I can get pro-flex elastomers or get it serviced, please let me know. Thanks :)

i dont ride, but my friend does, he rides everysingle day street, and very very often downhill
he raced junior expert and came in first in the canada cup
he's sponsered by Intense and rides an intense m1 with a team boxxer. he went to switzerland for world championship but his chain fell off at the top of his run (first time its EVER fallen off)

and just recently he broke his leg very badly. poor guy, he'll for sure be up and running for next season.

Steve S14 said:
i dont ride, but my friend does, he rides everysingle day street, and very very often downhill
he raced junior expert and came in first in the canada cup
he's sponsered by Intense and rides an intense m1 with a team boxxer. he went to switzerland for world championship but his chain fell off at the top of his run (first time its EVER fallen off)

and just recently he broke his leg very badly. poor guy, he'll for sure be up and running for next season.

what's his name? maybe i know him!
I knew a guy who was just plain sick!! is name is kwannah, this guy was winning every single race with a ghetto kona bike all broken... no one could come close to him!! mad props

djharmonix said:
what's his name? maybe i know him!
I knew a guy who was just plain sick!! is name is kwannah, this guy was winning every single race with a ghetto kona bike all broken... no one could come close to him!! mad props

no its not kwannah, its Sean Brown

im pretty sure he beat kwannah this season

Was a hardcore mountain bike addict 3-4 years ago, but ever since I drive, and with laziness, I have neglected to take my bike to the track. :(

I have a Dolimiti* Mountain Bike 18 speed. But if I have the cash, a nice Trek woudl do the business 8500 series.. Maybe a notch higher.

Vw_guy87

I used to be a hardcore mountain bike addict too but downhill biking is another story! Much more fun than regualr mountain bike.

If you're getting a new bike, buy a freeride or a downhill bike. You'll have much more fun than just a cross-country bike like the lightweight trek you'd like to get. *tu*

@djharmonix: Do u need to get a special licence for downhill competition? Fill me in, i'd like to know what to do to attend a competition. thanks. :bigup:

Last edited:
i was doing competion before but since i'm 16 ans i own a car ... didn't took my bike again ...

it is a Specialized Stumpjumper XT/XTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back