Volkswagen brings 2013 Golf R to Canada

Exclusivity has to be paid, there is only going to be 500 of them in Canada. If the demand is there and only futur will tell, this might become a collectible, what a WRX will never be.

But it's true, at that point you have to be a true VW fan to buy it. I would go for a 370z for a tiny bit more as mentioned. Not a one of a kind but a LOT more performance and RWD...

Pricing fits right in between the 128 and 135.Despite the badge, for what it is, it seams like the right range.

Well a fully loaded 4 door GTI without DSG ( since the R only comes standard in NA ) sums up to 35 grands before taxes. On the R you get all that and as an extra - recaro leather seats, 4MOTION and more performant engine, keyless entry, LED tail lights, R body kit and interior trim, and exclusivity for a mere 5 grand extra. Seems decently priced for an ' enthusiast ' car.

The best deal will be to wait until 2014 and buy it used in the states, if the dollar is still strong. Which is most probably what I'll do when I think of it...

40 000$ is not that much considering what you get compared to GTI. Just with chip tuning in Europe they get 315hp from that engine. Now that is nice!

I would get this way over an impreza , lancer , etc... you get exclusivity, quality, good civilized looks and also performance.

The reason this car is worth the 40K asking price is its rarity. Because it is such a limited model and the Golf name being a cult car, this thing will sell fast and resale value will be extremely good

I'm not a VW fan. But I kind of like it. And its going to be here by the time I need to change my car...So, I'll have to check it out.

Anyone knows how its going to perform in snow? Not really familiar with VW's awd system.

I'm not a VW fan. But I kind of like it. And its going to be here by the time I need to change my car...So, I'll have to check it out.

Anyone knows how its going to perform in snow? Not really familiar with VW's awd system.

90/10 split until it detects any slipping, then it can go all the way to 50/50 depending on needs.

a vw GTI with good snow tires performs pretty good in snow. Add 4 wheel drive and its gonna be even better.

and here is an acceleration test between DSG and manual 6sp.

Jamais que j'acheterais un compacte comme ca pour 40$K
Mais elle a l'air quand meme bien pour ce que c'est.
Je m'ennuie du bon vieux temps des MK2 :(

Parlons de plutot 47000-48000 avec taxes, préparations etc etc qui a dans les petites caracteres du contrat de vente. Belle machine, d'accord avec la distribution limiter, mais pour le prix il y a d'autres produits.

I love the way it looks and if I had 40K to blow on a car I'd probably go with the Golf R..if all the EVOs in Montreal were sold out. I think EVO and WRX STI still the best bang for your buck...

i have the Mk5 golf R32 with the VR6 and i love it!
im sure this car will not disappoint!

Back