Article: G whiz! Used Infiniti G37 Coupe a good bet

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0511g37.jpg

TED LATURNUS

Globe and Mail Update
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...infiniti-g37-coupe-a-good-bet/article2020122/
Infiniti’s G37 Coupe debuted at the New York Auto Show in 2007 as a replacement for the G35 and the family resemblance was inescapable.

This was the second generation of the G Coupe and featured a slightly longer, wider, and stiffer body than its predecessor, with new sheet metal. It was still one of the most handsome cars on the road, however.

Consumer Reports generally has good things to say about the G37 and Infiniti’s entire G-series gets an across the board “Good Bet” designation. That said, the G37 Coupe is graded slightly lower than the sedan, which receives this organization’s top marks for everything and its highest used-car prediction rating. Some comments from owners: “A little low for entering and exiting,” “maintenance reminders annoying,” “engine trouble at 15K.” A smooth ride and abundant power are common areas of praise. Prospective buyers should also be aware that the G37 requires premium gas.

Market research firm J.D. Power also likes the G-series, and gives it good marks in every area. Some things, such as powertrain dependability and accessories quality, don’t fare as well as the rest of the car, but there are no failing grades to be found anywhere. Again, J.D. Power rates the entire G-series here and overall vehicle dependability is above average.

From a $47,500 base price in ’08, the G37 has dropped to about half of its original value. The Sport model is fetching $1,000-$1,500 more than the base version.

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport
Original Base Price: $47,350; Black Book: $30,225-$31,750; Red Book: $24,250-$25,375
Great writeup that I found in my twitter feed this morn. It's hard to go wrong with this car and saving roughly 50% on the purchase price after only three years is the money smart decision though most of the '08s on hebdo were starting at $29K with about 100,000kms.

My only issue with the G37 is the shifter placement of the manual...which actually sits LOWER than the shifter in the automatic version...your left hand ends up being 2-2.5 feet higher than your right hand which sucks major balls in a sport coupe.

Jai une amie qui s'est acheter la nouvelle G25. Vraiment pas pire , une meilleure consommation de gas. D'apres moi c'est pour competitionner la lexus is250 car elle offre aussi AWD ... biensur, lexus a un look bcp plus JDM

Jai une amie qui s'est acheter la nouvelle G25. Vraiment pas pire , une meilleure consommation de gas. D'apres moi c'est pour competitionner la lexus is250 car elle offre aussi AWD ... biensur, lexus a un look bcp plus JDM

Le probleme avec la G25 , c'est que OUI , elle est la pour rivaliser avec la Lexus IS250, mais son prix est pas beaucoup plus bas que la G37....Drole de stratégie

My only issue with the G37 is the shifter placement of the manual...which actually sits LOWER than the shifter in the automatic version...your left hand ends up being 2-2.5 feet higher than your right hand which sucks major balls in a sport coupe.

what are u talking about???? i dont even understand what your trying to say the shifter is in the same place as it was in the G35 coupe and its damm fine ive owned both LOL

Nice write up, I was in love with the G35 before I fell for the 350Z and now the 370Z (which I finalyl got my hands on)

If I was to get something other than the Z or try to have the best of both worlds, hands down the G37....beautiful and performs well.

Au japon, les G sont badgé Nissan Skyline. Je vois pas ce que tu pourrais avoir de + ou - ''jdm'' que ca ou que tu avances comme comparatif.

Back