Mon premier : what to buy for 15k ?

Snowy_Beast

Legacy Member
I recently sold my B5 twin turbo Audi S4. So I need a new car...

Would like to be AWD for I live in st-sauveur and plan on driving it during winter but would consider RWD if exceptional.

I travel a lot so confort is a must.

Reliable for I don't want to spend 5K in repairs in a year.

Speed isn't my main concern but it's a plus.

I had in mind,

2005+ Mercedes 4matic
2006+ Subaru Impreza
2004+ Lexus Is300 (how is it in winter)

Acura TL
Legacy GT
Bmw 330
Any other tough ?

Last edited:
My friend drives an is300 year round and its pretty good in winter as long as you get one with an LSD.

I don't think you'll enjoy WRX after an S4

BMW is open diff apart from the M so that's not really convenient in winter unless you go with an XI

You can also look at Legacy GT, more power than WRX, the interior is a bit more comparable with the German rivals.

Legacy GT or 3.6R if you don't mind the automatic.

An Impreza will seem kinda crappy after an S4.

si tu recherche Sécurité, confort, va vers la Mercedes 4matic. Y'a pas enormément de puissance mais si c'Est pas la premiere chose que tu recherches.

Dont go from an Audi S4 to an impreza lol I would get 2004-2005 BMW 330XI

6 years old 140,000km you think it won't kill me with repairs...?

Acura TL without a doubt, cheap parts, very reliable, very comfy

I haven't tough about this... Some of the new ones are awd I think. I'll try one this week.

Legacy GT or 3.6R if you don't mind the automatic.

An Impreza will seem kinda crappy after an S4.

I had tough about the Legacy GT. My dad had 2 and had to change the tranny on both... :(

si tu recherche Sécurité, confort, va vers la Mercedes 4matic. Y'a pas enormément de puissance mais si c'Est pas la premiere chose que tu recherches.

Well it's not that slow if I get an E serie... But again 160,000km germans scares me a bit

Ok so you want an AWD car that is considerably newer and less milleage but your budget is 15k?

A 2008+ Impreza I think is your only choice...unless you like the SX4 awd

06-08 Mazdaspeed 6? Practical, fast, AWD, nice interior and not too expensive

x2

And it's very comfortable. I almost bought one as a daily driver and it satisfied all of my driving requirements; i.e. steering, braking, shifting, acceleration, handling. Much more fun to drive than a Legacy GT and a B5 S4. (to me at least)

Back