Mansfield gym downtown?

I tried it out with a friend one afternoon last week at 5pm. If you do free weights it can be pretty busy on the stage where they are all set up (I was there at peak time though).

No one seemed to care to put the weights back in the right place if at all. It was nice and clean but the amount of people and limited free weights/benches meant lots of waiting between exercises or completely changing you workout plan just so you can finish in under an hour and a half.

If cardio is your thing then you will like it more then I did. Again, not a bad gym, in fact they have great equipment...it was just a little too busy for me at the time I will likely be going during the week.

Dan

Cool thanks

Id be going during 10 to noon hours during the week so I guess it will be less busy. Tomorrow I'm going to check it out.

Thanks again

I went there the past couple years, it's a good gym. It's nice, clean and has good equipment. As mentioned above, plenty of cardio machines, free weight area is only rammed ~5pm when everyone shows up after work, lunch time probably gets fairly busy as well, I usually went in the evening so I had no problems.

I stopped going there because I was tired of looking and paying for parking.. that's my only complaint, but I guess that can be said about most gyms downtown

i go to the west island one

clean gym, in the west peak hours = all cardio machines filled up, everything else well maintainted

I had a 2 weeks free pass from a friend. Really nice gym but isn't it like 180$/month?

It's expensive but the cleanest and nicest in Montreal. I agree that it is overpriced. However you do get free indoor parking, which the other top gyms don't offer. (especially downtown where it's expensive and annoying) to park.

It's expensive but the cleanest and nicest in Montreal. I agree that it is overpriced. However you do get free indoor parking, which the other top gyms don't offer. (especially downtown where it's expensive and annoying) to park.

for someone who goes to the gym regularly, 180$ a month with free parking isn't that much.

If you have to pay for parking every time you go to the gym downtown, you'd spend more than 180$ a month. Bottom line is...going to the gym is expeez..might as well get free parking.

Mansfield is an excellent gym. Like others have mentioned, clean, good equipment, good location, etc.

Have you thought of Club MAA? It's on Peel between De Maisonneuve and Sherebrooke. It has many more services than Mansfield (pool, gym, squash, etc). It's like a premium version of the YMCA.

for someone who goes to the gym regularly, 180$ a month with free parking isn't that much.

If you have to pay for parking every time you go to the gym downtown, you'd spend more than 180$ a month. Bottom line is...going to the gym is expeez..might as well get free parking.

lol i pay $283 per year tax in for Nautilus (50% corporate discount).

I went to Mansfield for 7 years, good gym. I stopped going only because it used to be across the street from my office and it isnt anymore.

They have a bunch of services that make it feel like a top class gym. They offer towels so there so no need to drag your own Nautilus style, they have a laundry service for an extra 15 dollars or so per month. I loved that because I would keep my clothing at work.

I dont know about you guys but I dont go to the gym to chit chat, thats the one thing I hated when I tried MAA, the amount of gossip and waste of time going around. Nothing pisses me off more than some douchebag chatting with his buddy for 40 mins while i wait for his machine to free up. Never really had that problem at Mansfield.

Really it doesnt matter where you go as long as you have your routine and the equipment you need to get it done.

I'm at Nautilus now, so if any of you want a spot let me know when you work out :)

Back