★ FS: Dual XEON Quad Core CPU machine for sale (8 CPU CORES & 8GB total)..

Emporium

I have a server/workstation which I had put together for a previous project.

Machine has 2 XEON Quad core CPUs, with 8GB of Kingson ECC FBDIMM server ram, and 2x1TB Seagate Enterprise class drives.

Priced @ $900

Mobo and CPUs alone had cost me more than that when I bought them, but prices have obviously dropped fast :(

I have enough parts to build a second identical one, so if this one sells quickly enough, I'll put the second one together shortly.

*** I also have 2 ORIGINAL/Genuine boxes of Windows 2008 Server Standard (and some Terminal server "User" CAL bundles). So if you are interested in server OS, we can work something out (otherwise those will end up on ebay, since they are light to ship)

HW Summary

Case:
CHENBRO SR105 Server case
PSU:
ANTEC NEOPOWER HE 550W [NOS - New old stock]
Motherboard:
TYAN S2696 (i5000XT) (NOS) (includes: 2 x Gigabit LAN ports, 1394a, 5 fan headers (4pin), 6 SATA II ports (supporting RAID 0, 1, 5, 10), 8 USB 2.0 ports, DB9 RS232 port, etc...)
CPU:
QTY 2: INTEL Quad Core XEON 5345 (S771) - 2.33Ghz (NOS)
Total of 8 cores
HeatSink/Fans:
QTY 2: ThermalTake CL-P0303 all Copper, CPU Heatsink/Fans(NEW)
Quieter than intel stock units - which are also included for buyer as spares.
QTY 1: Antec TriCool 120mm rear case fan
QTY 1: Dedicated 80mm Hard Drive cooling fan (in front)
Memory:
QTY 8: 1GB KINGSTON FBDIMM ECC (Total 8GB) (NOS)
Video:
ATI FirePro V3700 Workstation graphics (Dual head DVI-I outputs)
Hard Drives (Enterprise Class):
QTY 2: Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS (1TB) [refurb units but work perfectly]
Optical: SONY AD-7200A DVD±RW
Keyb/MS: Dell USB Keyboard & Optical mouse (new)

SW Summary (installed for test purposes):
  • Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) w/SP1, and all updates till 06/26/2011
  • Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher)
  • Adobe Master Collection CS 5.5 Complete (includes: Acrobat X Pro, Acrobat Distiller X,After Effects CS5.5, Audition CS5.5, Bridge CS5.1, Dreamweaver CS5.5, Encore CS5.1, Fireworks CS5.1, Flash builder 4.5, Flash Catalyst CS5.5, Flash Professional CS5.5, Illustrator CS5.1, InDesign CS5.5, Media Encoder CS5.5, Photoshop CS5.1, Premiere Pro CS5.5, etc...)
  • Nero Burning Rom, WinRAR 4.01, Java Runtime, etc...
--------
NOTE: BIOS has been modified and it contains a Dell v2.1 SLIC (allowing easy OEM style activation of Win7 or Win 2008 Server)
WILL provide original Dell OEM Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) media (which auto activates with Dell digital certificate),
--------

PDF Version with further h/w details, and links to specs sheets, etc... can be found here:
http://www.swemporium.com/forsale/quadxeon/dualquadxeon.pdf
----

Here are some pics, Click on Thumbnails below to get larger views

Last edited:
looks solid and it's a good price if you happen to need a server with good computation power.
might be usefull for a backup server or something.
as a consumer tower it might be exceptionally hard to sell though.
good luck with that!

Well, XEON CPUs seem to scare some people away, thinking it is for a server only.

In fact, the reason I installed the thermaltake heatsinks instead of the stock intel ones, is that the thermaltakes are 100% copper, and super silent compared to the intel ones. With the intel ones, you could not do any serious processing without the fans ramping up so high that it was lound. With the Thermaltake units, it is quite silent, and even with the unit sitting on a desk, it is not loud. With the front fan, rear fan, PS fan, and cpu fans, all fans run at slow speed but keep it cool. And if someone wants even quieter, I can replace the ATI FirePro video card, with an Nvidia NVS295, which has no fan (nice heatsink - passive cooling only) and silent. Only issue is that the case it pretty deep, since it is an E-ATX board so it is a little longer.

I have 2 nearly identical machines (only difference on other machine, is that memory is Infineon instead of Kingston, and power supply comes from an IBM ZPro instead of being an Antec), and I am a little negociable (within reason), especially if someone needs 2 machines :)

I have quite a few extra parts (150GB Western Digital RaptorX drives, some 150GB Velociraptors, industrial grade Removable SATA drive frame/carriers, EVGA NVidia GTX280, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 [new sealed in box], some Nvidia Quadro FX3700, NVS295 [dual head], Quadro NVS420 [quad head] some LG 8162/3 DVDROM [perfect for RAW copies of Wii discs], Creative Labs Audigy2 and X-Fi Xtrememusic sound cards, etc... ). I can always work out a deal by adding, removing, or swapping parts to accomodate someones budget (only limitation is that the core remains together [ie: case, mobo, ram and cpus]...

Pre-weekend Bump... ;)

Thnx

Back