TO all Z and G owners.. UpRev Osiris TUNING

DRock

Legacy Member
hey whats up..

just wanted to post a thread.. regarding the Uprev Osiris Tuning Software.
good for all G35/350Z's and G37/370Z's..

for those of you that have not heard of Uprev.. its basically a tuning software.. that Flashes the ecu directly.. no piggyback garbage stuff.. Greddy e-manage junk, it is considered one of the best ways to tune for the Vq engine.. even for turbo and Supercharge setups..

after reading up about it on the Uprev Website.. I realized there was one shop in all of Quebec.. that carried and was capable to tune with this software..right in Laval..! Finally a reliable shop for tuning for the Z.. whcih ive searched forever to find..!

and that would be Johnny's Motorsports.. you can check out his facebook page or see his webpage
http://www.jonsmotorsports.com/

Johnny is super nice.. and is definitely a pro tuner.. he'll make your experience enjoyable while there lol...
with a beautiful Mustang Dyno at hand right in his garage.. also known as the HeartBreak dyno..for posting much lower numbers then other dynos.. but that would be cause its much more accurate..

ive seen stock 350Z's on other dyno's posting 265whp.. which is obviously BS..

after he did his magic with the uprev software.. the car gained a good 21whp.. on the spot.. wether or not my existing boltons helped.. this is a real gain.. simply by optimizing the ECU...

base line it made 211whp and 214wt, after tune it made 232whp and 216wt.
i was quite surprised myself.. with the base run..? but numbers are irrelevant unless you are FI.. all that matters is the car pulls hard..! ive been thinking of going FI for a long time.. but this is definitely satisfying for now..

2 hrs dyno time $150/hr and $300 for the Uprev License.. and your Z or G will run better and have more power.. then any bolton.. I know cause I basically have them all.. and none offered completely noticeable power.. compared to the uprev tune..

youre thinking to get an intake.. approx $400, an exahsut.. $600+ etc.. forget it.. get the car tuned.. first.. then get the other stuff.. but obviously as you add other parts.. it would be wise to get tuned again.. once you have the license.. all you have to do is pay the dyno time..

anyways.. jsut thought Id let you know.. cause car is way more fun to drive..

263784_233437516677469_120850811269474_755767_5203153_n.jpg

264667_233437806677440_120850811269474_755768_156001_n.jpg

Tony.

Last edited:
ya man.. I would definitely consider to get it done..!
mine was tuned with 91 octaine... "super", which I run all the time..
but he suggested there would still be more decent power if tuned on 94 oct. only available at Petro Canada.
I may eventually go back to get retuned on 94... and convert my intake to short Ram too..

its a 2005 non-rev engine.. you'll probably get more power with the Revup engine..
ah ya.. btw... the tune also allowed for higher red line..!
it cuts at I beleive 6500rpm.. now its at 7500rpm..

on the base line run.. the car was runing very rich..and was pulling timing, as I never had it tuned or nothing.. he was able to clean all that up.. and balance it out properly..

I posted it on ourVQ but was curious how many MAPs was he able to set up for you? DId he set up the "Valet Mode" map for you also?

T'as 5 mapping possible avec Osiris donc oui tu peux avoir le mode valet et tu peux datalogger à peux prêt n'importe quoi avec Cipher... Pour 700$ t'as Osiris tuner avec Cipher, j'aime bien!
Dyno à venir dans quelques jours pour ma part...

ya man.. I would definitely consider to get it done..!
mine was tuned with 91 octaine... "super", which I run all the time..
but he suggested there would still be more decent power if tuned on 94 oct. only available at Petro Canada.
I may eventually go back to get retuned on 94... and convert my intake to short Ram too..

I don't recommand to go with the short ram. They are usually not friendly with maf.

Et pour ceux qui s'y connaissent moin en tuning d'ecu, n'importe quel tuner expérimenté peut tuner avec Osiris, vous pouvez donc choisir votre speed shop préféré...

Cette semaine je vais flasher lordi d'une 370z nismo que jai installé un supercharge GTM dessus avec ce programme. GTM envoie la tune deja calibré VIA internet. J'ai hate de voir ce que sa va donné.

Cette semaine je vais flasher lordi d'une 370z nismo que jai installé un supercharge GTM dessus avec ce programme. GTM envoie la tune deja calibré VIA internet. J'ai hate de voir ce que sa va donné.

what shop are you..? GTM makes amazing kits..! so you installed the SC and then flashed with the ROM GTM provided... has the car been dynod yet..?

Donc ce que j'ai lu que les vq roulent riche stock c'est vrai!?

Alors avant meme d'avoir fait les bolt-ons tu conseils d'aller voir jhonny sur le dyno!? Quelqu'un comme moi qui a l'intention de faire quelques bolt-on bientot ce n'est pas mieux d'attendre un peu et d'aller sur le dyno apres? Parce que sinon si je vais sur le dyno tout suite et que je fait mes bolts on apres je vais tout changer anyway.

ca dépend des mods que tu fais...

cai, mrev+spacer et exhaust et tu fais tuner après seulement, ca fait un non sens d'aller sur le dyno et d'installer des pièces après la run de dyno...

Les rev up ont un meilleur fuel management d'origine et sont capable de mieux compenser que les non-rev up.

Sur ta 05 tu dois avoir le rev up, t'as juste à faire un relearn sur le fuel...c'est marqué comment faire dans le manuel shop sinon au dealer pour 70-80$ ou tu peux venir me voir et avec Cipher je fais ca en 5min...

sur une 03-04 tu roulerais lean avec ces mods..

Donc ce que j'ai lu que les vq roulent riche stock c'est vrai!?

Alors avant meme d'avoir fait les bolt-ons tu conseils d'aller voir jhonny sur le dyno!? Quelqu'un comme moi qui a l'intention de faire quelques bolt-on bientot ce n'est pas mieux d'attendre un peu et d'aller sur le dyno apres? Parce que sinon si je vais sur le dyno tout suite et que je fait mes bolts on apres je vais tout changer anyway.

hey whats up.. my car was runing rich on the base run.
I did all my boltons first.. but never got it tuned.. so in reality I dont know what gains my boltons give. cause I only did the tune after.
the best.. would be to run your car completely stock on the dyno.. to get a true reading of your base whp.
then let Johnny Tune the car.. for get some gains.
then add your CAI, spacer, exhaust etc... and then go back to get tuned again..
this way you will know if the boltons made any real power difference..

for my car.. it already had all the boltons.. Johnny tuned with Uprev.. and it made 21whp gain..which includes the botlons the car already had.
likely 90% of the gain.. was from the Uprev..
I highly doubt boltons add much power from stock..

what shop are you..? GTM makes amazing kits..! so you installed the SC and then flashed with the ROM GTM provided... has the car been dynod yet..?

Exactly! It's a stage 2 supercharger kit and it pulls really good! 2nd gear spins when you want it with just the throttle. Really good powerband also and the sound of the supercharger...mmmm beautiful.
The car will be dynoed soon just for the fun of it but no fine tune.
The owner wants me to drift and drag the car so if you see a dark grey Nismo 370z(kinda rare I guess lol) feel free to come and talk with me.

Ok. J'ai le non-rev up. C'est une 2005 constuite en fin 2004...mais la il y a tu moyen de faire quelques chose pareil avant les mods ou c'est d'attendre!? C'est quoi le Chiper?

Donc avec plenum spacer, Cai et tests pipe le char va rouler lean?

ca dépend des mods que tu fais...

cai, mrev+spacer et exhaust et tu fais tuner après seulement, ca fait un non sens d'aller sur le dyno et d'installer des pièces après la run de dyno...

Les rev up ont un meilleur fuel management d'origine et sont capable de mieux compenser que les non-rev up.

Sur ta 05 tu dois avoir le rev up, t'as juste à faire un relearn sur le fuel...c'est marqué comment faire dans le manuel shop sinon au dealer pour 70-80$ ou tu peux venir me voir et avec Cipher je fais ca en 5min...

sur une 03-04 tu roulerais lean avec ces mods..

Ok. L'affaire c'est que je ne veux pas faire une voiture de course avec et tout briser alors je ne veux pas mettre de l'argent pour rien sur le char en faisant 2-3 fois des seances de dyno. Je veux juste un peu plus de power pour que le char soit plus prime parce que je le trouve vache vu que je suis habituer avec un char de 700hp de 2500lbs. Donc surment que je ferais juste une tune apres mes boltons.

hey whats up.. my car was runing rich on the base run.
I did all my boltons first.. but never got it tuned.. so in reality I dont know what gains my boltons give. cause I only did the tune after.
the best.. would be to run your car completely stock on the dyno.. to get a true reading of your base whp.
then let Johnny Tune the car.. for get some gains.
then add your CAI, spacer, exhaust etc... and then go back to get tuned again..
this way you will know if the boltons made any real power difference..

for my car.. it already had all the boltons.. Johnny tuned with Uprev.. and it made 21whp gain..which includes the botlons the car already had.
likely 90% of the gain.. was from the Uprev..
I highly doubt boltons add much power from stock..

Avec le rev up tu ne sera pas lean..les 03-04 roulent lean avec les bolt on mais le fuel management des rev up est supérieur que les années précédente avec le vq standard...

Les mods que je t'ai conseiller plus haut c'est les meilleurs upgrade à faire sur un rev up. Si t'en veux plus, FI ou ouvre le bloc et mon ca haute compression avec cams, valves, piston et toutes la vaisselle que ca prend...

Les test pipes vont te donne un check engine à moin que tu roule un fuel management aftermarket comme Osiris, meme les cat high flow vont faire coder l'ecu oem...

Cipher c'est un programme vendu par uprev qui sert à datalogger et diagnostiquer... Je peux faire des changement comme le timing initial, mais je dois utiliser Osiris pour vraiment jouer dans les parametre de l'ecu.

Tu veux faire quoi avant de faire les mods, comprend pas trop ta question..

Pour le spacer, prend le motordyne 5/16'' .. Pas de Skunk2 ou autre, 5/16 va fitter avec ta strut bar oem, plus épais tu récolte des peanut a haut rpm mais tu les perd a bas rpm...

Back