MR group buy on Lambo for JAG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
In this thread people were saying there should be a group buy on a Bugatti Veyron. We have 66,000 members x $50 = about $3.3 Million. Nice thought but not realistic. It did get me thinking what would be realistic? Well here are some numbers to think about:

Dans cette discussion certains membres ont suggérés qu'il devrait y avoir un group buy sur une Bugatti Veyron. Nous avons 66000 membres x 50 $ = environ 3,3 millions de dollars. Belle pensée, mais pas réaliste. Cela m'a fait penser à ce que se serait-il réaliste? Eh bien voici quelques chiffres:

In the last two weeks 4600 registered members visited the site.
In the last two weeks 2600 members made a post
We have 2600 people on our facebook

Jeremy spends his life going to meets and photographing everyone's car. I wonder if there would be 2000 people or so that would be willing to donate $50 to the site to buy a sick car for him to bring to all the meets next year. He could buy a $100k 2005 Gallardo lol. If not $50 then $25 would still be $45K. We could put the name of each user that donates on the car. I think in the end we'd get like 20 people chipping in $20 lol but I thought it would be amusing to make a thread to see what people say.

Jeremy passe sa vie à prendre des photos des voitures de chacun entre nous. Je me demande s'il y aurait 2000 personnes ou plus qui seraient disposés à faire don de 50 $ sur le site pour acheter une voiture malades qu'il pourra apporter à tous les rencontres l'année prochaine. Il pouvait acheter une Gallardo 2005 pour $100k lol. Si ce n'est pas $ 50, 25 $ serait encore 45K $. On pourrait mettre le nom de chaque utilisateur qui donne sur la voiture. Je pense à la fin, nous obtiendrions genre 20 personnes donnant 20 $ lol mais c'est amusant de faire une discussion pour voir ce que disent les gens.

Opinions? If you are down say so. I'll make a list.

Here JAG:

16356497.jpg

i think that's a great idea. but I would rather see the lambo under Jeremy's name and not under MR as a company, just so he actually owns it.
and i would personally give more than 50$ if this ever comes to place.

It's not a stupid idea. Would be cool to have a Gallardo representing the MontrealRacing community instead of a Civic (no offense to Honda Centre-Ville, really nice move you did).

Unfortunately I don't think anyone here will pay $50 to see someone else drive in a nicer car than them, and most people here don't even have that $50 for gas.

Edit: So far looks like I'm wrong!

That would be awesome indeed!
But I'm afraid that a lot of people will say "yeah I will give money" but when it's time to do it...half of the people will...

Just think about the cost of maintenance and repair. What's your plan with these future expenses?

Next up is the Lamborghini line which is divided into two segments, the Gallardo and the Murcielago. Both amazing machines are quite expensive to maintain and the Lamborghini cost of ownership is not be taken lightly. The Murcielago will run you about $2000 for an oil change, $4000 for plugs and the best part $12000 for an E-Gear Clutch. The Gallardo on the other hand is more docile and similar to the Ferrari 360 Modena at just $400 for an oil change, $2000 for plugs and finally about $3500 for an E-Gear clutch. The Lamborghini maintenance ranges heavily based on the line you select and should not be taken lightly as the cost of new transmission could cost you $50,000 if a replacement is needed and lets not even talk about the engine failing. Despite using Audi based parts, Lamborghini does a great job at making you pay big bucks for parts so don’t take a chance.

Source:http://www.secretentourage.com/lifestyle/autos/cost-of-ownership-of-an-exotic-car/

I'll think about it when my next paycheck comes in. Hey Danny maybe next meet while your selling teeshirts, you can have like a "Collecting for a Gallardo" donation bin.

I think this could be a great idea! I'd be more then happier to chip in he's taken a lot of great photo's of my car and defenitly deserves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back